Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

I got one too, I think they are reminder emails to accept “the place “ been offered to you, even waitlist place, but it does confuse you in the wording especially if you have accepted already, makes you feel like double checking they received the original acceptance form.

At least there may be some movement on waiting list places after Friday then, good luck to everyone🙏🏻

• Like 3

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer last Thursday with the second email link they said, but just got an email again asking to make sure we accept by the 26th . SO I accepted again, and requested the code again. Anyone else, got a further email? 

Happy Monday!

Exactly the same here 😗

• Like 2

Just now, balletboy8 said:

I sent an email (by reply of the latest request) saying that I had already accepted twice but happy to do again - they have replied straight away apologizing and that it was a mistake and that they do have our acceptance.

Sent similar email but no reply. 

2 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer last Thursday with the second email link they said, but just got an email again asking to make sure we accept by the 26th . SO I accepted again, and requested the code again. Anyone else, got a further email? 

Happy Monday!

I got the second email too! 

• Like 1

The email that asked us to do it again - I hit reply to that email and said 'done/happy to do again?' within minutes recieved:

Dear Name

Our apologies, it was an automated email. We have Child’s name form here, thank you.

Kind Regards

William Daley
Intensive Courses Assistant Coordinator

• Like 4

On 22/03/2021 at 08:22, Newbie2 said:

I just got an email from RBS to confirm acceptance of summer school place too - i accepted the place again (just in case i didnt the first time it was sent!! I am sure I did confirm last week though) - hope it doesn’t confuse things as I’m sure they’ll be loads of people who confirm twice just in case!! 

Same here! I accepted the waiting list offer last week, just got another email asking to accept so did it again. Emailed them to make sure they received it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

so people who have been on waiting list before, is there a set time when places are offered if there are any spaces or could they happen at anytime? I am certainly not expecting anything here but was curious.

I think the email said the waiting list stays open until 2 weeks before the intensive and therefore an offer could come at any time between now and then. 

Edited by SJBallet
To add more
  • Like 2

There may be one or two offered early next week, given the deadline for acceptance is today, but not many people would go through the whole rigmarole of taking photos etc. and expense and then turn down their place. If travel restrictions aren’t eased by the summer, more places will open up then as the foreign students who’ve been offered places won’t be able to come.

• Like 2

On 22/03/2021 at 13:06, Lara Eschler said:

Happy Monday!

Yep, we also did and also accepted twice, to be on the safe side. Have also written to the RBS and they have come back stating these emails are automatically sent without checking in the system whether the palce has already been accepted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

so people who have been on waiting list before, is there a set time when places are offered if there are any spaces or could they happen at anytime? I am certainly not expecting anything here but was curious.

So we were on the spring intensive waiting list and had an email to say it closed the same day as we had the email to confirm a wait list place for Summer Intensive. Very confusing with the then automated emails, technical fault accepting the summer waiting list etc 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 

Basically they email to tell you when the wait list closes so I assume no offer of a place after this date even if someone pulls out??? But I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, MissEmily said:

There may be one or two offered early next week, given the deadline for acceptance is today, but not many people would go through the whole rigmarole of taking photos etc. and expense and then turn down their place. If travel restrictions aren’t eased by the summer, more places will open up then as the foreign students who’ve been offered places won’t be able to come.

I was thinking if things get better with covid, more places will be open up for non residential too. Good luck to everyone on the waiting list 🤞 

11 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

For anyone taking part in the online spring intensive, have you had an email with the zoom links yet??

We're booked on but not had anything yet. RB are usually early with these things and due to the bank holidays thought it may arrive today?? 🤔🤔

We havent received anything yet either x

43 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

For anyone taking part in the online spring intensive, have you had an email with the zoom links yet??

We're booked on but not had anything yet. RB are usually early with these things and due to the bank holidays thought it may arrive today?? 🤔🤔

I have not had an email yet.  I guess it will be Tuesday now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I’m new to the forum due to be a complete novice with a ballet dancing son! I’m now panicking that we had an email yesterday offering a place for the RBS Sumer intensive after a waiting list place as I’ve just read the issues people have had with being told it’s a mistake! Has anyone had an email recently???

• Like 1