Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Waitlist for my DD too. After a flat no for spring I’m ridiculously happy that we’ve progressed to waitlist 😁. Now DD can continue to look forward to Moorland. 

My DD was offered a place at Moorland too for this September, but I'm unsure about sending her over to the UK ahead of us, especially as we can't visit in person. What year is your DD going into? 

16 minutes ago, expatdancemum said:

My DD was offered a place at Moorland too for this September, but I'm unsure about sending her over to the UK ahead of us, especially as we can't visit in person. What year is your DD going into? 

My DD is only 10 so her place is just for Summer School. Although we may apply next year for full time. 

Could you look at the summer school ahead of September ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

My DD is only 10 so her place is just for Summer School. Although we may apply next year for full time. 

Could you look at the summer school ahead of September ? 

We live in Orlando so coming in and out of the UK involves quarantine both ways right now, plus a lot of cost unfortunately. I am in the process of trying to decide whether to move the family back this year or next - DD's ballet training is a big part of that as she is in a great program here in Orlando!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, expatdancemum said:

We live in Orlando so coming in and out of the UK involves quarantine both ways right now, plus a lot of cost unfortunately. I am in the process of trying to decide whether to move the family back this year or next - DD's ballet training is a big part of that as she is in a great program here in Orlando!

Oh yes. That would make it tricky. I didn’t realise. Apologies. 

I’ve certainly heard a lot of good things about Moorland and I think you can have a virtual tour? 

• Like 1

Congratulations folks! Just heard about the Summer Intensive too and it's a yes for my DS! So happy as last summer's was cancelled, we've pulled out of the Spring one...Fingers crossed we will actually get to do this. Is anyone else on the age 10-11 one in August? 

• Like 7

Congratulations to all the yeses and commiserations to the ‘not yets’ ❤️ We didn’t apply for either for

DS this year as last year he had a yes for Spring but due to Covid it was cancelled and he was so disappointed, I didn’t think he could face it if it happened again! I also thought with it being so soon after auditions at WL, if it’s a no for full time would he struggle to go and spend a week there and see what he was going to be missing so to speak. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed it all goes ahead for you all! ❤️

• Like 7

Waiting list for my daughter. Sad she had a place last summer and it got canceled. But I’m glad we finally got the results and so we can move on lol. She is looking forward to training at SAB and Miami City Ballet this Summer. Hopefully those will happen in person. 🤞

Congratulations to all the yeses and good luck to everyone on waiting list 😊

• Like 6

After reflection, and letting my son know, we are actually pretty happy with Wait List he only started ballet (no previous experience in dance) in the lockdown last year trying his first ever ballet lesson in May last year then not starting in a studio till the autumn and being at home on zoom for the majority. After speaking to his teacher who was super happy with him, it made him feel like it was a good achievement. Well done for others with yes's and those on the Waiting list like us. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dancedreamer said:

After reflection, and letting my son know, we are actually pretty happy with Wait List he only started ballet (no previous experience in dance) in the lockdown last year trying his first ever ballet lesson in May last year then not starting in a studio till the autumn and being at home on zoom for the majority. After speaking to his teacher who was super happy with him, it made him feel like it was a good achievement. Well done for others with yes's and those on the Waiting list like us. 

Wow! That's an amazing achievement! Imagine what he will do once he's actually back in the studio! 😁

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 2

Even more confused now! We had a no, as I said before, but then we got an email asking if we accept her place?! So now I have no idea what's happened. We accepted the "place" and I emailed them to ask if I had to pay a deposit or if there was any further info but I have heard nothing since. I am 100% thinking it's a glitch in the system and its a definite no, but the 2nd email apologised for the glitch in the first email!....So, now I have no idea if DD is in or out lol, I will see what tomorrow brings ;)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Oh yes. That would make it tricky. I didn’t realise. Apologies. 

I’ve certainly heard a lot of good things about Moorland and I think you can have a virtual tour? 

My fault for not explaining! Truthfully we were really hoping for Elmhurst or YDA but DD got a no for both for full time training next year. It seems to me that entering these vocational schools for year 10 is very difficult. If we move back next year instead, she would be going into year 11 which I think will be almost impossible. So right now my options are Moorland this year or continue here in Orlando for a year and take our chances next year in the UK! So much to think about! 

6 hours ago, Reachforthemoonhitthestars said:

Even more confused now! We had a no, as I said before, but then we got an email asking if we accept her place?! So now I have no idea what's happened. We accepted the "place" and I emailed them to ask if I had to pay a deposit or if there was any further info but I have heard nothing since. I am 100% thinking it's a glitch in the system and its a definite no, but the 2nd email apologised for the glitch in the first email!....So, now I have no idea if DD is in or out lol, I will see what tomorrow brings ;)

I am so sorry that this happened, but I hope the “no” email is the mistake! Something similar happened to us last year. My DD was waitlisted for the summer. We then received the “accept your place” email, so we thought her waitlist cleared, but it was a mistake. RBS did send a very apologetic email afterwards. It must be hard to keep straight with so many selections going on at the same time. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Knh said:

I am so sorry that this happened, but I hope the “no” email is the mistake! Something similar happened to us last year. My DD was waitlisted for the summer. We then received the “accept your place” email, so we thought her waitlist cleared, but it was a mistake. RBS did send a very apologetic email afterwards. It must be hard to keep straight with so many selections going on at the same time. 

Yes I think it's a mistake also. Still waiting clarification hopefully we will receive that this weekend :) sheshe has YBSS so not all lost if it is a no xx

On a sideline, does anyone know why and when the name changed from summer “school” to “intensive”? It seems to have happened around about 2018. Are they longer? And when were the spring or winter ones introduced? They are also new - to my mind. And there seem to be some abroad too. Are they franchises? It must be a money-spinner for them, so I can see why they do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rowan said:

On a sideline, does anyone know why and when the name changed from summer “school” to “intensive”? It seems to have happened around about 2018. Are they longer? And when were the spring or winter ones introduced? They are also new - to my mind. And there seem to be some abroad too. Are they franchises? It must be a money-spinner for them, so I can see why they do it.

Absolutely it’s all about the marketing 🙄

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 03:13, expatdancemum said:

My fault for not explaining! Truthfully we were really hoping for Elmhurst or YDA but DD got a no for both for full time training next year. It seems to me that entering these vocational schools for year 10 is very difficult. If we move back next year instead, she would be going into year 11 which I think will be almost impossible. So right now my options are Moorland this year or continue here in Orlando for a year and take our chances next year in the UK! So much to think about! 

Also look at kings international, excellent training and accepts students going in at year 10 or 11 .

• Like 1

Congratulations to all who received a “yes”! And commiserations those who received a “no”. Fingers crossed for the SWLs that some more places will materialise 🙏🏻🙏🏻 My DS has thankfully been offered a place for the 3-week course at CG. He’s at vocational school in Berlin, going into his final year after the summer break. Am really hoping it will take place, since due to COVID, he has only gone back to school last week, with the school not offering any online ballet training during all the lockdown months. So a 3-week intensive would be a great way to start his final year.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mariska said:

Congratulations to all who received a “yes”! And commiserations those who received a “no”. Fingers crossed for the SWLs that some more places will materialise 🙏🏻🙏🏻 My DS has thankfully been offered a place for the 3-week course at CG. He’s at vocational school in Berlin, going into his final year after the summer break. Am really hoping it will take place, since due to COVID, he has only gone back to school last week, with the school not offering any online ballet training during all the lockdown months. So a 3-week intensive would be a great way to start his final year.

Well done to your ds, fantastic opportunity to get him ready for his final year!👏👍x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer last Thursday with the second email link they said, but just got an email again asking to make sure we accept by the 26th . SO I accepted again, and requested the code again. Anyone else, got a further email? 

Happy Monday!

Yes we had another one to remind me to do the form to accept her wait list place 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer last Thursday with the second email link they said, but just got an email again asking to make sure we accept by the 26th . SO I accepted again, and requested the code again. Anyone else, got a further email? 

Happy Monday!

I just got an email from RBS to confirm acceptance of summer school place too - i accepted the place again (just in case i didnt the first time it was sent!! I am sure I did confirm last week though) - hope it doesn’t confuse things as I’m sure they’ll be loads of people who confirm twice just in case!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Happy Monday!

I got one too so it must be a general email to all.  I accepted DD place last Thursday and when I click on the link in today's email it asks if I want to start another registration so I'm assuming that means they have the initial acceptance

• Like 1

I’ve already confirmed twice. When I got the original email and then when they updated the link. 

Today’s email said to confirm you accept the offer made (same as the second link) so I took that as the offer of waiting list. 

I’ve emailed back to ask if I need to do it for a 3rd time but will do it again if I don’t hear back.