Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

Just now, Mrs Tea said:

This id what was on our letter '

he Royal Ballet School’s Intensive Course, Summer London 2021.
Acceptance deadline is 26 March 2021.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you do not wish to accept your place and we will offer to somebody else.
The course fees invoice will be emailed to you during week commencing 19 April 2021.
Payment deadline is 5 May 2021. 

3 hours ago, Emmajayne said:

When is the deadline to accept royal summer school place/ make payment by please? Thanks

sorry then they sent a second email saying the payment system has changed so a payment link will be sent out from 3rd may 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Yes, my 12y old daughter will be there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Hi my 14yr old daughter will also be there for the last week. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2021 at 21:22, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter is there that week too. She’s 12. 

• Like 1

Question about current bubble rules at Upper school, and how they might apply to this summer at Covent Garden  For Summer, the RBS website indicates the following “we will not be able to allow day students to enter in and out of the group ‘bubbles’ created for the duration of your child’s stay. Should the situation change we will relook at what is possible closer to the course dates and inform you accordingly.“

Does this mean CG students won’t be able to leave to explore for touring on the weekends? would they be able to meet up with family on the weekend? Just trying to plan extended family visits in London and wasn’t sure if that would be possible during the course with the “bubble rules.”  Any insight appreciated!

Would anyone be willing/ able to share their packing list with me?! My Year 5 pupil is on the waiting list for WL SI but has been offered a place at Moorland Summer School, which we have accepted. I'd like to give her a congratulatory hamper of things she'll need for Summer School.

Also, the thing she's most worried about is doing her own bun! 😂 Obviously, she has time to practise, but have those of you with younger children experienced help being provided with this?!

Thank you!

• Like 1

White Lodge list from 2019, doesn't mean it will be the same for 2021: GIRLS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING
All items must be clearly named:
• Leotards
• Pink tights/pink ankle socks
• Pointe shoes (only girls who are currently working en pointe should bring their pointe shoes)
• Soft ballet shoes for flat work (with elastics only, no ribbons)
• Character shoes *
• National skirt **(the national skirt is a full circular cotton skirt. Generally black or blue, has
an elasticated waist and should come to just below the knee
• Jazz shoes (ballet shoes may be worn)
• Footless or convertible tights
• Waist elastic
• Tracksuit (for between classes)
• Trainers / sneakers (for between classes)
* Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes
just for the course
** If you do not have a national skirt, please bring a long practise skirt 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MPatti said:

White Lodge list from 2019, doesn't mean it will be the same for 2021: GIRLS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING
• Leotards
• Pointe shoes (only girls who are currently working en pointe should bring their pointe shoes)
• Character shoes *
• National skirt **(the national skirt is a full circular cotton skirt. Generally black or blue, has
• Waist elastic
* Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes
just for the course

Waist elastic?! Whatever for?!

13 hours ago, MPatti said:

• Leotards
• Character shoes *
• Waist elastic
just for the course

Thank you so much for this @MPatti! Do you or does anyone on here have the packing list for boys (White Lodge Summer Intensives)? Many thanks in advance! 

Also for the girls packing list, consider the following two things that weren't on the list, but that all of the older girls had except for my daughter at the spring session (whoops!): black tights to wear for contemporary class and light skirts to wear when allowed during pointe classes. 

Here is the boys list from 2019, and also list of linens.  

"BOYS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING All items must be clearly named: • Dance Trunks (shorts) or Footless Tights • Fitted White t-shirts/Leotards * • Appropriate supportive undergarment for male dancers i.e. dance belt • White* socks • White* soft ballet shoes • Character shoes (usually black)** • Trainers/Sneakers for Creative Street Dance (ballet or jazz shoes may be worn) • Tracksuit (for between classes) • Outdoor footwear (for between classes) * Black items are also acceptable ** Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes just for the course"

"Residential students must bring towels and bedding which should include: 2 x sheets, a duvet cover and pillow case to fit a standard single bed. A single size duvet and pillow will be provided for every student, you do not need to bring your own."

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MPatti said:

Here is the boys list from 2019, and also list of linens.  

"BOYS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING All items must be clearly named: • Dance Trunks (shorts) or Footless Tights • Fitted White t-shirts/Leotards * • Appropriate supportive undergarment for male dancers i.e. dance belt • White* socks • White* soft ballet shoes • Character shoes (usually black)** • Trainers/Sneakers for Creative Street Dance (ballet or jazz shoes may be worn) • Tracksuit (for between classes) • Outdoor footwear (for between classes) * Black items are also acceptable ** Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes just for the course"

"Residential students must bring towels and bedding which should include: 2 x sheets, a duvet cover and pillow case to fit a standard single bed. A single size duvet and pillow will be provided for every student, you do not need to bring your own."

Thank you so much @MPatti! That’s really helpful! 😃😃

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - just wondering if anyone with a place on the Summer intensive can please help out with any info re payment/confimring a place. Is there a deadline coming up soon for paying the balance for the course? Situation is that my daughter is on the waiting list for the week of the 19 July, but if she doesn't end up getting a place, she's keen to go to another course in the summer. Finances don't permit me to book anything else until I'm sure that she doesn't have a place, but I'm getting worried that we might miss the boat and lose out if I don't book something soon! I just thought that maybe if there was a deadline for payment, I could wait until a few days past that and then take the plunge with booking another course.

Thank you anyone for any insights 😀

8 minutes ago, GabrielleDeV said:

Hello - just wondering if anyone with a place on the Summer intensive can please help out with any info re payment/confimring a place. Is there a deadline coming up soon for paying the balance for the course? Situation is that my daughter is on the waiting list for the week of the 19 July, but if she doesn't end up getting a place, she's keen to go to another course in the summer. Finances don't permit me to book anything else until I'm sure that she doesn't have a place, but I'm getting worried that we might miss the boat and lose out if I don't book something soon! I just thought that maybe if there was a deadline for payment, I could wait until a few days past that and then take the plunge with booking another course.

Thank you anyone for any insights 😀

Hi, the deadline for payment was May 17th by 5PM. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

@GabrielleDeVif Europeans are unable to travel, a huge number of places will become available... That's our last hope!

It's a good point, and I was sort of hanging onto that for a bit. But my daughter is only 10, and it would make sense that places become available on a like-for-like basis with the people who withdraw. So this could be very relevant for the older age groups, but would people send their 10 year olds abroad for a summer school? Perhaps they do! (I guess if the whole family comes and makes it a holiday that would work)...

21 minutes ago, GabrielleDeV said:

Thank you so much! That's really helpful. Sounds like we would probably have heard by now if she had a place from the waiting list, then. Never mind. At least I can go ahead and book something else with confidence.

Below are the cancellation policies: 

Days before the date of event (Summer Intensive start date 19th July) that notice of cancellation is received

• 60 days or more (10th May - May 20th) - 90% refund of the fees. A 10% handling fee will be retained by the School
  • 59-30 days (May 21st - June 19th) - 50% refund of fees
  • 29-21 days (June 20th – June 28th) - 30% refund of fees
  • 20 days or less (after June 29th) - We regret that no refund can be made
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Below are the cancellation policies: 

Days before the date of event (Summer Intensive start date 19th July) that notice of cancellation is received

• 60 days or more (10th May - May 20th) - 90% refund of the fees. A 10% handling fee will be retained by the School
  • 59-30 days (May 21st - June 19th) - 50% refund of fees
  • 29-21 days (June 20th – June 28th) - 30% refund of fees
  • 20 days or less (after June 29th) - We regret that no refund can be made

Thanks for the inside info! That might absolutely play into people's decisions about taking up a place or not ....Perhaps I should have considered more that people might cancel (or be forced to by travel difficulties etc) after paying the full amount.

6 hours ago, GabrielleDeV said:

It's a good point, and I was sort of hanging onto that for a bit. But my daughter is only 10, and it would make sense that places become available on a like-for-like basis with the people who withdraw. So this could be very relevant for the older age groups, but would people send their 10 year olds abroad for a summer school? Perhaps they do! (I guess if the whole family comes and makes it a holiday that would work)...

Yes, many 10 year-olds from the continent have been offered places.