1 minute ago, Ballerina-girl said:

Those DC on the waiting list have you contacted the auditions team? I asked for a little more information and they’ve told me what position my dd is on the list. 

Oh that’s interesting, they never used to have an ‘ordered’ list, they’ve always said it was a reserve ‘pool’ because they looked at the overall picture of who had accepted or gone elsewhere, and where there might be spaces in boarding etc. It wasn’t as simple as who was next on the list. 

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Oh that’s interesting, they never used to have an ‘ordered’ list, they’ve always said it was a reserve ‘pool’ because they looked at the overall picture of who had accepted or gone elsewhere, and where there might be spaces in boarding etc. It wasn’t as simple as who was next on the list. 

Yes I was surprised it worked this way also, maybe there are separate wait lists for girls and boys, that way if a boy declines they can look at the boy reserve list. 
They also said the list remains open during the academic year so there is always the chance they will get called upon, that way. 

4 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

It happened to my DD. She got to finals for Y7 & Y8 but no place. Then two weeks into the September term she was offered the opportunity to join her year group for an assessment class with Mr Parker. She started at the school following the half term of Y8. So yes it does happen. 

@dancefanaticWas your DD on the reserve list after her auditions? Thats so fabulous to have been given that chance; I fear we won’t be so lucky though as my DD is trying for a Y9 space and I’m sure theyre like gold dust, but we’ll live in hope. If not, she’ll be back again no doubt. We’ve applied for Summer School aswell 😁

Edited by Jete Battu

6 minutes ago, Jete Battu said:

Was your DD on the reserve list after her auditions? Thats so fabulous to have been given that chance; I fear we won’t be so lucky though as my DD is trying for a Y9 space and I’m sure theyre like gold dust, but we’ll live in hope. If not, she’ll be back again no doubt. We’ve applied for Summer School aswell 😁

No she never made the reserve list for either year!  So was a pleasant surprise to receive the email. 

4 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

It happened to my DD. She got to finals for Y7 & Y8 but no place. Then two weeks into the September term she was offered the opportunity to join her year group for an assessment class with Mr Parker. She started at the school following the half term of Y8. So yes it does happen. 

That’s so wonderful! Congratulations to your DD! 😃

13 hours ago, Jete Battu said:

They wouldn't offer places out for Sept from seeing you there though would they? Or would they?... Its something we’re definitely looking at regardless ☺️

They do and they have for US 😉

Edited by balletbean

For anyone who has applied for Summer School, when you submitted your application was there a fee to pay? I've submitted ours this evening and the final page said submit & pay. I checked the summary table and clicked submit but didn't see any payment details, is this correct?? 

For RB there is a fee to pay for summer intensive applications so want to make sure I've not done something wrong 🤔🤔 

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

For anyone who has applied for Summer School, when you submitted your application was there a fee to pay? I've submitted ours this evening and the final page said submit & pay. I checked the summary table and clicked submit but didn't see any payment details, is this correct?? 

For RB there is a fee to pay for summer intensive applications so want to make sure I've not done something wrong 🤔🤔 

Thanks

Elmhurst haven’t charged an application fee for summer school in the past. I can’t say 100% that there isn’t a fee this year, but they are very good at responding to emails. Good luck with your application!

41 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Elmhurst haven’t charged an application fee for summer school in the past. I can’t say 100% that there isn’t a fee this year, but they are very good at responding to emails. Good luck with your application!

Thank you. I'll drop them an email to double check ☺️

Hi All

I'm just wondering about the Elmhurst Summer School. My DS has been offered a place at Elmhurst for year 7 entry. Should we still apply for the summer school? Are there any other year 7 entry pupils on here going to be doing it? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, DSmum said:

Hi All

I'm just wondering about the Elmhurst Summer School. My DS has been offered a place at Elmhurst for year 7 entry. Should we still apply for the summer school? Are there any other year 7 entry pupils on here going to be doing it? 

Thanks 

DD loved doing the summer school just before starting Year 7. It gave her a chance to get her bearings around the school and get used to some of the routines (meals in the Bistro and doing her own hair!) while it was still low-pressure.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering about the medical form for Year 7 entry, is that something a regular NHS GP would do, or is a private GP needed? Has anyone booked this already? It just seems quite detailed questionnaire requiring urine samples as well.? 

Thanks xx

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering about the medical form for Year 7 entry, is that something a regular NHS GP would do, or is a private GP needed? Has anyone booked this already? It just seems quite detailed questionnaire requiring urine samples as well.? 

Thanks xx

Is this for RBS too?  I thought you’d accepted WL? 

13 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thanks xx

My DD was only offered a place of the wait list yesterday and we looked at this today.  I was hoping someone would ask this question as it looks very detailed and I am sure my GP practice will charge for it as you would definitely need an appointment to complete.  I am going to call my practice on Tuesday.  I will update this thread when I have an answer. X

Edited by Ballet Dreams
  • Like 3

Yes, I’ve been told I have to book an online consultation and then there may be a charge as it’s out with what the NHS would cover. I’m assuming it’ll be cheaper doing that than booking a complete private GP appointment but not sure! x

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Is this for RBS too?  I thought you’d accepted WL? 

I was just thinking maybe it would be a good idea to have a check-up before starting, I get a bit anxious about health stuff that is why I wanted to know more about the physio checks too. I was surprised by the details of the questionnaires and was wondering whether it would affect an offer if any problems were found. Alo, my dc haven't see a doctor in ages. RBS has not asked for anything else so far.

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

I was just thinking maybe it would be a good idea to have a check-up before starting, I get a bit anxious about health stuff that is why I wanted to know more about the physio checks too. I was surprised by the details of the questionnaires and was wondering whether it would affect an offer if any problems were found. Alo, my dc haven't see a doctor in ages. RBS has not asked for anything else so far.

Yes.. when I read it I thought .. I can’t see our gp wanting to fill this out in the middle of a pandemic for a child to go to ballet school!!! I’m sure we will have something similar for RBS though xx 

I rang my GP who said they aren't doing face to face medicals then rang BuPa and they said they weren't doing medical assessments for under 18s..so I've emailed Elmhurst to explain...I'm not sure whether it might be different in England but I'm going to struggle in Wales to get the assessment done x 

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Yes, I’ve been told I have to book an online consultation and then there may be a charge as it’s out with what the NHS would cover. I’m assuming it’ll be cheaper doing that than booking a complete private GP appointment but not sure! x

Hi Bunny...looking at the form I'm not sure you could do an online consultation...as the examinations are all physical...unless you meant as an initial consultation? X 

7 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi Bunny...looking at the form I'm not sure you could do an online consultation...as the examinations are all physical...unless you meant as an initial consultation? X 

Sorry I should have been clearer, I have to fill out an initial request for the appointment and they’ll get back to me to do it but there’ll be a charge x

28 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Sorry I should have been clearer, I have to fill out an initial request for the appointment and they’ll get back to me to do it but there’ll be a charge x

Ah sorry! Yes I think there will be a charge x 

40 minutes ago, Dopedeedoo said:

When my daughter did this two years ago for year 7 entry we were charged £80 by the gp.

Glad to hear it’s not a new request for this year.  My practice has quoted £86 or £132 depending on how long it takes or which fee my GP decides to charge.  But just glad they have agreed to complete seeing we are still in a pandemic.  

Edited by Ballet Dreams