2 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

There are people from the waitlist in dds year.....there will be students with multiple offers. I think we had a week or so to accept, so there will be movement from the waist list. Not sure how many on it though 🤞

Really hoping there is movement keeping everything crossed x

• Like 1

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

We've just heard our DS has a yes for Elmhurst too! Congratulations to all the others with yeses and wait list places. Something is bound to come up! Like you, @The red shoes, we have the unbelievable decision to make between WL and Elmhurst...can't quite take it in!

Congratulations @TwirlyWhirly ! 🎉🎊🎈

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meet-me-at-the-barre said:

@Raquelle I’m sure they will sort this out. The finance lady there works closely with parents as MDS requirements change each year for parents depending on earnings. I know of kids having MDS, then not having MDS and vice versa. Congrats to your daughter. X

Thanks so much. Just had an email through saying we have an aided place...I assume this means MDS or bursary? It doesn't specifically say those words x 

• Like 10

On 25/03/2021 at 18:32, sunrise81 said:

Rbs are always before elmhurst. There will be kids who will get offers from both and then decide, and ones who immediately accept rbs so will be movement on elmhurst wait list.

I am betting on Monday 🤞

You were right about the Monday! xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

We've just heard our DS has a yes for Elmhurst too! Congratulations to all the others with yeses and wait list places. Something is bound to come up! Like you, @The red shoes, we have the unbelievable decision to make between WL and Elmhurst...can't quite take it in!

we are the same, so blessed! Congratulations xxxx

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ballerina-girl said:

My dd has been placed on the reserve list, do any of the parents from previous years have any more information about this? How many are on list, and how long is the list valid for? 

well done to all the yeses 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Hello Ballerina-girl and welcome to the Forum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mumof4monkies said:

Did your dd get funding for Tring then?

No :( But they recalculated the price and now we are able to pay. But in comparison with Moorland (and it’s scholarship) it is still huge money :( 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meet-me-at-the-barre said:

Congrats everyone. 😃

If it’s a no, try the Elmhurst summer school. Good way to be seen by Robert Parker. X

They wouldn't offer places out for Sept from seeing you there though would they? Or would they?... Its something we’re definitely looking at regardless ☺️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jete Battu said:

They wouldn't offer places out for Sept from seeing you there though would they? Or would they?... Its something we’re definitely looking at regardless ☺️

It happened to my DD. She got to finals for Y7 & Y8 but no place. Then two weeks into the September term she was offered the opportunity to join her year group for an assessment class with Mr Parker. She started at the school following the half term of Y8. So yes it does happen. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, meet-me-at-the-barre said:

@Jete Battumy DD is current year 8 and a girl got in from the summer school. Think she started 2/3 weeks after she did. Not saying it will happen but it’s a good place to be seen by staff, Ms Whiteman and Mr Parker. It’s a great summer school regardless x

Oh how amazing for her. Thats fabulous!  😁 You never know I guess x