Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jsbjsb25 said:

This will make my DD feel better knowing she's not on her own, I hate delivering the news and the tears that follow.once shes had a cry its done and she moves on. Hopefully next year 🤞 x

My daughter was going for year 9 and got a no. I doubt there would have been much movement in this year especially as students would have paid for this year an d hardly attended. Good luck for all your beautiful children. They are brave resilient and I am sure wonderfully talented xxxxx

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the invites to finals! 👏👏

 

To the not yets, it’s been such a strange year that DCs shouldn’t be discouraged at all. Keep going. You will shine no matter what.

 

Regarding the videos, I’m not sure if elmhurst were different or how they’ve managed to get what they need but our RBS audition video was only viewed for such a short time and only once right after submitting it too - it seems most people’s did. I think sadly it’s got to be extra tough in the higher years this time round given there’s been no movement. Don’t give up! Many of the very best dancers we see today didn’t get a yes to vocational schools until much later on either. Keep dancing! ❤️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

Do you think that those who only applied for MA's would be at a big disadvantage? 

I’m not sure. I don’t know how they decide but I know a few people were saying that they like the MAs to have applied to the school. In all honesty I think some people may tick the school just as a long shot but really just want MAs. I’m sure in the end it’ll just come down to who fits best x 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Just out of curiosity, can I ask how many of the yeses for Elmhurst are young dancers already? Xxx 

DS had a place for year 5 but then got JAs in London so could not do Elmhurst though he would have loved to and had started going for a couple of sessions in June of year 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

DS had a place for year 5 but then got JAs in London so could not do Elmhurst though he would have loved to and had started going for a couple of sessions in June of year 4. 

Your lovely ds has done do well with all these offers and finals!!! Going to be a headache deciding on the best one as I’m sure he will get in to them all xxx 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jsbjsb25 said:

This will make my DD feel better knowing she's not on her own, I hate delivering the news and the tears that follow.once shes had a cry its done and she moves on. Hopefully next year 🤞 x

Reading these to my dd who got a No for year 8. It’s disappointing but must remind myself of all the other good things we have going on. Thanks for sharing x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Melly R said:

Also, this is the third year in a row that she has applied & this is the first time that she will progress to the next stage.  So, if you are not successful first... keep going! x

Love this congratulations x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Melly R said:

Also, this is the third year in a row that she has applied & this is the first time that she will progress to the next stage.  So, if you are not successful first... keep going! x

Brilliant! Congratulations to your DD! So sorry for all the not yet’s but as Melly’s story shows things can and do change and a not yet now is definitely not a no in the future x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a yes for Elmhurst finals for my DS too! Congratulations to everyone who has already posted good news and lots of love to those posting no's but wishing others well. This is a very supportive forum! 😊 And interesting question @The red shoes - my DS has been an Elmhurst YD for 3 years (though not at Birmingham). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Just out of curiosity, can I ask how many of the yeses for Elmhurst are young dancers already? Xxx 

My dd is a JA but not an EYD...got into wl and elmhurst finals. X.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Your lovely ds has done do well with all these offers and finals!!! Going to be a headache deciding on the best one as I’m sure he will get in to them all xxx 

Thank-you so much! you are very kind. We are very happy with the offers so far and glad he will get to experience a real final or two. I am also so relieved the home videos did not affect him negatively because I really really struggled with them. Any rejection that follows won't be based on those videos at least. I feel like I am off the hook. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Dance schools are not informed of the results. 100% ( I am 

a dance school Principal) . 

Thank you! Could you offer any advice? My DD has been offered WL finals,Elmhurst finals & offered strong with funding...her school doesn’t support vocational training or any associates, when is the best time to inform them ?! When we know results?! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reggi said:

Thank you! Could you offer any advice? My DD has been offered WL finals,Elmhurst finals & offered strong with funding...her school doesn’t support vocational training or any associates, when is the best time to inform them ?! When we know results?! 

See, I just don’t understand why schools don’t support this or wish to see their students spread their wings and progress.. it totally baffles me!! 
 

Firstly are you 100% going to take an offer if you receive one? If so then wait until she has received it and then let them know.

However I would prefer to know before auditions just do I can advise students/parents etc but understand if a dance school makes this tricky then there isn’t much you can do. I feel for you, and hope your daughter is successful!! Such a shame she hasn’t had the support through this horrendous process 😔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

See, I just don’t understand why schools don’t support this or wish to see their students spread their wings and progress.. it totally baffles me!! 
 

Firstly are you 100% going to take an offer if you receive one? If so then wait until she has received it and then let them know.

However I would prefer to know before auditions just do I can advise students/parents etc but understand if a dance school makes this tricky then there isn’t much you can do. I feel for you, and hope your daughter is successful!! Such a shame she hasn’t had the support through this horrendous process 😔

It baffles me too!!!! I sit up most nights torn!!!! It’s all she wants to do!!! An has worked unbelievably hard through this horrendous time,it’s been her focus since March! 
it saddens me to see other schools posting about their kids success’s and that I can’t share with the world at how well she has done 😢😢😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reggi said:

It baffles me too!!!! I sit up most nights torn!!!! It’s all she wants to do!!! An has worked unbelievably hard through this horrendous time,it’s been her focus since March! 
it saddens me to see other schools posting about their kids success’s and that I can’t share with the world at how well she has done 😢😢😢

Ooh and 110% we will be accepting any one of those places if she is luckily enough to get one 🙏🏻 Thank you for the advice 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Totally agree with The Red Shoes! Wait and see if she gets an offer of a school! If she does then it’s meant to be! I would support any of my students having a go! 😁 

Good luck 🍀

Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻We’re made up just to get this far 🙏🏻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻We’re made up just to get this far 🙏🏻

Aw that is so hard Reggi. You would think they would be proud to have a student of theirs make finals, lovely for their student to be following on their dreams plus it reflects well on them too. X 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw that is so hard Reggi. You would think they would be proud to have a student of theirs make finals, lovely for their student to be following on their dreams plus it reflects well on them too. X 

I know I don’t understand it at all 😌 and you would think so wouldn’t you! X

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reggi said:

It baffles me too!!!! I sit up most nights torn!!!! It’s all she wants to do!!! An has worked unbelievably hard through this horrendous time,it’s been her focus since March! 
it saddens me to see other schools posting about their kids success’s and that I can’t share with the world at how well she has done 😢😢😢

It was the same at my girls dance academy. My DD was offered finals at WL last year but instead of joy she only got disbelief from the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Asta said:

It was the same at my girls dance academy. My DD was offered finals at WL last year but instead of joy she only got disbelief from the others.


My dd is still waiting for a congratulations from her teacher nearly two years after she got her ‘yes’ letter! We see her all the time but she’s never been able to bring herself to say well done and it’s never been publicly acknowledged within the dance school.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:


My dd is still waiting for a congratulations from her teacher nearly two years after she got her ‘yes’ letter! We see her all the time but she’s never been able to bring herself to say well done and it’s never been publicly acknowledged within the dance school.   

😯😯😢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...