ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little disappointed not to see the Hayward/Bracewell combination in Swan Lake after what people said about them, but then I hadn't expected Bracewell to be doing Dance of the Blessed Spirits either!

So, what for the company after that?  Will they just rehearse Nutcracker ad nauseam in the hope that the scheduled performances of that can go ahead?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, alison said:

A little disappointed not to see the Hayward/Bracewell combination in Swan Lake after what people said about them, but then I hadn't expected Bracewell to be doing Dance of the Blessed Spirits either!

So, what for the company after that?  Will they just rehearse Nutcracker ad nauseam in the hope that the scheduled performances of that can go ahead?

Very good question! I suppose do they take a punt and open booking for early December in the hope that they can re-open?

27 minutes ago, MJW said:

Very good question! I suppose do they take a punt and open booking for early December in the hope that they can re-open?

That's what I'm hoping for, wait until we hear that this lockdown will end on the date we thought and then open up bookings very quickly. I wonder how much the admin involved with refunding costs the ROH. 

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

What a fabulous treat in store for Friday evening.

But I don’t see if it’s available for the next 30 days as has happened with other performances - am I missing something?

Yes it is available afterwards John:

Following the live stream, a film of the performance will be available to watch On Demand until 13 December 2020. The recording will take some time to process before it is available, and you may need to skip past the 30-minute countdown timer.

• Like 1

What an amazing line-up !  Looking forward very much to Scherzo which looked really good on World Ballet Day, plus some exciting  cast changes for some of the pieces we have seen recently. And so pleased to be able to see Akane and Alex in Rhapsody again !

..... all for £10!

Edited by Richard LH
Addition
  • Like 3

What a magnificent programme.  Such a glorious celebration.  The cherry on top of this illustrious fare for me will most definitely be Sambe/O'Sullivan in the Tschai PDD.  They were blistering in it in NYC and the capacity audiences there present took them immediately to their hearts.  The echo of those cheers will definitely be in my ears when I watch them on Friday.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

The cherry on top of this illustrious fare for me will most definitely be Sambe/O'Sullivan in the Tschai PDD.  They were blistering in it in NYC and the capacity audiences there present took them immediately to their hearts.  The echo of those cheers will definitely be in my ears when I watch them on Friday.  

Sambe and O'Sullivan in the Tchaikovsky Pdd will definitely be my highlight in the next online performance on November 13th!  After their fabulous appearance in 'Fille' in the 'Back on Stage' programme, I can't wait!

Edited by Fiona
Unfinished
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Fiona said:

Sambe and O'Sullivan in the Tchaikovsky Pdd will definitely be my highlight in the next online performance on November 13th!  After their fabulous appearance in 'Fille' in the 'Back on Stage' programme, I can't wait!

Me too! 

3 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Looking forward very much to Scherzo which looked really good on World Ballet Day, plus some exciting  cast changes for some of the pieces we have seen recently.

Me too. Although I was assuming they would mix it up more in the selection of pas de deux.
For Swan Lake, any chance we'd get to see Frankie as Odile instead of Odette? /wishful thinking

We are delighted that as a Friend, we are able to exclusively share live access to The Royal Ballet: Class on Stage with you. This Friday you will be able to join us on YouTube to watch company members complete their daily ballet class live from Covent Garden as they prepare for that evening's live stream of The Royal Ballet: Live - Within the Golden Hour.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

We are delighted that as a Friend, we are able to exclusively share live access to The Royal Ballet: Class on Stage with you. This Friday you will be able to join us on YouTube to watch company members complete their daily ballet class live from Covent Garden as they prepare for that evening's live stream of The Royal Ballet: Live - Within the Golden Hour.

Was glad to receive this earlier although I don't think I will be able to watch it live. Nice to see they are finding ways to add value for Friends.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Was glad to receive this earlier although I don't think I will be able to watch it live. Nice to see they are finding ways to add value for Friends.

Absolutely - an excellent idea (also that it will be available to watch afterwards)

31 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Yes, it is a nice gesture.

Edited by Richard LH
Duplication of an observation!

Nutcracker info

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/the-nutcracker-by-peter-wright-details

Booking: (EST I think so add 5 hours for GMT....sorry!)

General: 1 December 2020, 5am
Young ROH: 1 December 2020, 5am
Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Young Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Friends+: 25 November 2020, 9am
Supporting Friends: 25 November 2020, 5am
Premium 1 Friends: 24 November 2020, 9am
Premium 2 Friends: 24 November 2020, 5am

and

Leading up to this festive treat, The Royal Ballet invites audiences to watch the dancers in a special filmed Insight of The Nutcracker in Rehearsal via the Royal Opera House YouTube channel on Tuesday 1 December at 7pm GMT. This streamed event is part of the Royal Opera House digital Insights programme.

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, oncnp said:

Nutcracker info

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/the-nutcracker-by-peter-wright-details

Booking: (EST I think so add 5 hours for GMT....sorry!)

General: 1 December 2020, 5am
Young ROH: 1 December 2020, 5am
Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Young Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Friends+: 25 November 2020, 9am
Supporting Friends: 25 November 2020, 5am
Premium 1 Friends: 24 November 2020, 9am
Premium 2 Friends: 24 November 2020, 5am

and

Leading up to this festive treat, The Royal Ballet invites audiences to watch the dancers in a special filmed Insight of The Nutcracker in Rehearsal via the Royal Opera House YouTube channel on Tuesday 1 December at 7pm GMT. This streamed event is part of the Royal Opera House digital Insights programme.

A limited number of single seats still...and still no option to chose your seat(s)!

I might have to book two seats - one for me and one for my bag (!)

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

Sadly no mention of streaming that I can see for Nutcracker, unlike the opera Christmas Concert where it specifies that the performance of 18th December will be streamed.

They look as though they are relying on an old recording of Nut rather than filming the cut down version which is , after all, just a stop gap measure.

53 minutes ago, capybara said:

They look as though they are relying on an old recording of Nut rather than filming the cut down version which is , after all, just a stop gap measure.

I think it would be interesting to see the cut-down one for comparison. It would also be a great opportunity to compare casts if they streamed all of them, but I know that's never going to happpen!

• Like 1

Order for this evening

SCHERZO

Choreography VALENTINO ZUCCHETTI

Dancers  SOPHIE ALLNATT, MADISON BAILEY, LETICIA DIAS,  BOMIN KIM, SAE MAEDA, MARIKO SASAKI, SUMINA SASAKI, YU HANG, JOSEPH AUMEER, HARRIS BELL, LIAM BOSWELL, LUKAS BJØRNEBOE BRÆNDSRØD, LEO DIXON,  TAISUKE NAKAO, GIACOMO ROVERO and  FRANCISCO SERRANO

RHAPSODY PAS DE DEUX - AKANE TAKADA and ALEXANDER CAMPBELL

MONOTONES II - MELISSA HAMILTON, REECE CLARKE and NICOL EDMONDS

TCHAIKOVSKY PAS DE DEUX - ANNA ROSE O’SULLIVAN and MARCELINO SAMBÉ

IN OUR WISHES - ROMANY PAJDAK and CALVIN RICHARDSON

SWAN LAKE ACT II PAS DE DEUX - FRANCESCA HAYWARD and CESAR CORRALES

MANON  ACT I PAS DE DEUX - LAURA MORERA and FEDERICO BONELLI

CONCERTO PAS DE DEUX - YASMINE NAGHDI and NICOL EDMONDS

DANCE OF THE BLESSED SPIRITS - WILLIAM BRACEWELL

THE DYING SWAN - NATALIA OSIPOVA

LE CORSAIRE PAS DE DEUX - MARIANELA NUÑEZ and VADIM MUNTAGIROV

WITHIN THE GOLDEN HOUR

ANNA ROSE O’SULLIVAN and JAMES HAY,

FUMI KANEKO and REECE CLARKE,

SARAH LAMB and RYOICHI HIRANO

ASHLEY DEAN, ISABELLA GASPARINI, HANNAH GRENNELL, ROMANY PAJDAK, LEO DIXON, DAVID DONNELLY, TÉO DUBREUIL, DAVID YUDES

Still doesn't look printable but https://static.roh.org.uk/digital/cast-sheets/The-Royal-Ballet-Live-Within-The-Golden-Hour/The-Royal-Ballet-Live-Within-the-Golden-Hour-cast-sheet.pdf

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 5