ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Chrome!!!

Francesca Hayward and William Bracewell? 

There must have been quite a lot of jiggling around to give dancers an opportunity to perform.

Still wouldn't print for me-  copy and paste job into a blank powerpoint for most concise output!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Wow what a brilliant line-up.....very jealous of those who have tickets! It will be fantastic...have a great time folks...

Have PM ed you. 

Free(ish) to good home....for whatever donation you can afford to ROH. PM if interested. 'Sorry for late notice. but these just appeared. 

Royal Ballet: Live — Elite
Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7pm | Main Stage

• LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GB, L-14 | £65.00 - Full Price
  • LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GB, L-13 | £65.00 - Full
  • Like 2

Just to say, refunds (or gift certificate) for performances after today have come through very quickly. I requested yesterday and have already had voucher code back. Hoping I will be able to use it this side of Christmas!

It's certainly worth keeping an eye out for returns if you have access to the website  (they are not taking 'phone calls at present). Just picked up two balcony seats, prior to oncnp's kind offer above. Excited !

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

It's certainly worth keeping an eye out for returns if you have access to the website  (they are not taking 'phone calls at present). Just picked up two balcony seats, prior to oncnp's kind offer above. Excited !

also up in the balcony for tonight - well done for getting tickets!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Free(ish) to good home....for whatever donation you can afford to ROH. PM if interested. 'Sorry for late notice. but these just appeared. 

Royal Ballet: Live — Elite
Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7pm | Main Stage

• LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GB, L-14 | £65.00 - Full Price
  • LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GB, L-13 | £65.00 - Full

Claimed (sorry if double post)

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Just to say, refunds (or gift certificate) for performances after today have come through very quickly. I requested yesterday and have already had voucher code back. Hoping I will be able to use it this side of Christmas!

I’ve not even had my email about options yet!

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I’ve not even had my email about options yet!

don't wait - I had emailed the box office due to an issue with a confirmation email and they shared the link which is in the top nav - same one as last time round

So envious of everyone who's able to go - it sounds like a great evening.  There are, of course, two pas de deux in Manon Act I, but I'm assuming it's the courtyard one as it requires no props?

I wonder if someone in the ROH's IT department can work from home on putting the casting PDF - and last month's - into a printable format?  At the moment, each page would come out (literally) thumbnail-size.

1 minute ago, alison said:

I wonder if someone in the ROH's IT department can work from home on putting the casting PDF - and last month's - into a printable format?  At the moment, each page would come out (literally) thumbnail-size.

I will write in tomorrow if noone on here finds a way of doing it by then.

Both these shows are things to treasure with a paper programme to keep.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, alison said:

So envious of everyone who's able to go - it sounds like a great evening.  There are, of course, two pas de deux in Manon Act I, but I'm assuming it's the courtyard one as it requires no props?

I prefer the earlier Act 1 pdd but it's always the second one that gets danced at Gala's.

I'm not going but think my favourite pdd would be the Magri/Ball Corsaire :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blossom said:

I've only had an email saying they will email me later about the options (of a refund, donation or whatever). Which seems a bit pointless, to be honest

3 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Statement (in part) from the ROH concerning Lockdown, the Sequel

We will, however, continue our programme of live and pre-recorded streamed and broadcast activity throughout the month, ……. We will be announcing the detail of this programme next week.

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/a-statement-from-the-royal-opera-house-on-the-resumption-of-lockdown

Kevin O’Hare announced a live streaming next week from the stage tonight.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

He didn't say....

Its probably the performance that was due on stage next Friday. Though unsure of when it will be streamed, as it may be filmed and streamed at a later date, rather than ‘live’ (or live delay)

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

He didn't say....

I think he did say (by implication) that it would be the second programme.

But my guess , on the basis of tonight’s programme being longer, is that it will be the WTGH programme plus plus.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Blossom said:

The atmosphere was wonderful- such love from the audience even before KOH stepped on stage and was a very special evening. More to follow when someone sets up a performance thread.

Delighted there will be another live stream. Would love to see some of the other cast members who didn’t appear tonight (O’Sullivan/Sambe Tchaikovsky PLEASE!).

new thread started - get cracking! 🙂

• Like 1

It looks like tickets are now on sale for WTGH stream. Available to watch or share for £10 (or 10 of your local currency + tax)

The Royal Ballet Live: Within the Golden Hour

Scheduled for Friday, November 13, 2020 7.30pm GMT

Following the live stream, a film of the performance will be available to watch On Demand until 13 December 2020. The recording will take some time to process before it is available, and you may need to skip past the 30-minute countdown timer.  (They're learning)

https://stream.roh.org.uk/packages/the-royal-ballet-live-within-the-golden-hour/videos/the-royal-ballet-live-within-the-golden-hour?_ga=2.195866154.766904556.1603265398-39997870.1603265398

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 3

No problem.  I have so many clients setting deadlines at times other than GMT that I'm getting used to spotting the differences.

(Incidentally, I noticed the other day for the first time that the Calendar feature has an option to set the time zone immediately below the event start date.  That might sort out any problems with time zones showing up oddly, although it may just be that the Calendar adapts automatically to the viewer's time zone wherever it's being read.  I must look into this further).

Just now, alison said:

(Incidentally, I noticed the other day for the first time that the Calendar feature has an option to set the time zone immediately below the event start date.  That might sort out any problems with time zones showing up oddly, although it may just be that the Calendar adapts automatically to the viewer's time zone wherever it's being read).

I always reset the time on the calendar to GMT when attempting to enter an event and doesn't seem to make a difference.  

This seems to be the announcement. Some real delights in there and so pleased for Zuchetti that his Scherzo will be shown.

Following The Royal Ballet: Back on Stage and welcoming an audience back into the building with The Royal Ballet: Live, The Royal Ballet presents a special live-streamed performance this Friday, 13 November at 7.30pm GMT. This programme completes the celebration of the Company’s return to the stage following its long absence during the pandemic.
The programme includes the world premiere of Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti, his first work for the main stage and seen in rehearsal during World Ballet Day. Celebrated pas de deux from the repertory will include Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrales, Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell, Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli and Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds, Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson plus George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, with Royal Opera House debuts by Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan, and Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov. The programme also includes Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine plus the serenity of Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell and Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds. The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.
ROH Friday Premieres continue throughout the month. Priced at £3.00, each will be available for 30 days streaming via stream.roh.org.uk. Our next ROH Friday premiere will be Frederick Ashton’s Enigma Variations, to be streamed on Friday 4 December at 7pm GMT. This streaming from the 2019 revival features performances from Royal Ballet Principals Laura Morera, Francesca Hayward and Matthew Ball alongside Principal Character Artist Christopher Saunders as Edward Elgar.
Edited by capybara
  • Like 11

I've asked for a Gift Certificate for the cancellation of this Wednesday's performance and it will pay exactly for Friday's streaming, have just seen the details from capybara and it looks very exciting indeed :)

10 minutes ago, capybara said:
Following The Royal Ballet: Back on Stage and welcoming an audience back into the building with The Royal Ballet: Live, The Royal Ballet presents a special live-streamed performance this Friday, 13 November at 7.30pm GMT. This programme completes the celebration of the Company’s return to the stage following its long absence during the pandemic.

Sorry - just a little easier to read.....

- Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti,

Celebrated pas de deux
- Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrale
- Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell,
- Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli 
- Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds
- Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson
- George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan
- Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov.

- Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine 
- Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell
- Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds.

The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, oncnp said:

Sorry - just a little easier to read.....

- Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti,

Celebrated pas de deux
- Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrale
- Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell,
- Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli C
- Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds
- Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson
- George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan
- Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov.
-  Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine 
- Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell
- Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds.

The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.

That's fine. Thanks. I only had time to copy and paste!!!!!