Jump to content

ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t the Wednesday 4th Nov performance go ahead if lockdown doesn’t start till thursday? I’ve got a few friends with tickets for this so hope it’s okay for that day at least 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinMM said:

Can’t the Wednesday 4th Nov performance go ahead if lockdown doesn’t start till thursday? I’ve got a few friends with tickets for this so hope it’s okay for that day at least 

I think it will go ahead. The ROH is still selling tickets for Wed and has stopped for all of the other Nov performances

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Peony said:

 Some places have still only got 20 cases per 100000 though. I think we need to take a very close look at why measures haven’t worked in some places and tackle the causes.

 

its largely because many people just don't give a toss. On my way home tonight, saw 8 women on the opposite platform, obviously on their way out on a hen night/ Halloween night; no social distancing, no masks (until they got on the crowded tram). So much for the rule of 6, etc

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2020 at 20:10, zxDaveM said:

I don't know about anyone else, but all this chatter about booking etc, is making me ridiculously excited!!

 

I'm not excited any more 😞

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they could stream some of the other performances of the mixed bills - doing it akin to the elite sports who are able to go ahead behind closed doors.  They would be able to increase on their audience size I'd imagine as people with tickets had already committed to the time - (and I'm sure a majority would make a donation of any fiscal overage given the unforeseen occurrences)  -  and I'm certain many others would eagerly jump aboard who may not have felt comfortable attending or travelling to the venue physically.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

They must surely have had a shadow plan in place to stream the second programme at least (Elite already having been shown).

But do we know that the dancers can be in the studio from this Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnS said:


Might Nutcracker bookings 9 to 11 November rekindle the excitement?

 

I doubt there will be anyone there to accept any bookings, and I can't help but feel the performances might not happen anyway

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, capybara said:

They must surely have had a shadow plan in place to stream the second programme at least (Elite already having been shown).

But do we know that the dancers can be in the studio from this Thursday?

 

I was wondering if the ROH will need to use the furlough scheme again. Though of course I hope not, for the sake of the dancers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I had no intention of going to the 4th Nov performance out of curiosity I clicked the link to buy tickets and got the following message 

  • Sorry tickets are currently unavailable. Returns may be available later.

which possibly looks as though there has ben a last minute rush for the only available performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Just saw this.
Must be very difficult deciding what preparations to make for possible December performances when there may be very little notice of any extension to lockdown - my sympathies with those having to take the decision and all those affected.

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

So pleased I thought ahead to buy tickets for Weds night and not Thursday when it started looking like a lockdown would happen. Assumed would be a Friday night lockdown so very thankful I managed to get seats for Weds.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blossom said:

So pleased I thought ahead to buy tickets for Weds night and not Thursday when it started looking like a lockdown would happen. Assumed would be a Friday night lockdown so very thankful I managed to get seats for Weds.


Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnS said:


Just saw this.
Must be very difficult deciding what preparations to make for possible December performances when there may be very little notice of any extension to lockdown - my sympathies with those having to take the decision and all those affected.

I’ve suddenly been overtaken with that ‘Cinderella’ feeling 🩰

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that the dancers will continue attending the Royal Opera House during the lockdown period and will be able to perform both programmes in an empty house.  The intention is to record both programmes for subsequent streaming.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, li tai po said:

My understanding is that the dancers will continue attending the Royal Opera House during the lockdown period and will be able to perform both programmes in an empty house.  The intention is to record both programmes for subsequent streaming.

 

What is your source for this Li tai po?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been posted, but just had this via email

 

Due to the new COVID-19 government restrictions, the Royal Opera House will be closed to live audiences from Thursday 5 November. We will therefore unfortunately be pausing all forthcoming on sales for Friends. Wednesday’s performance of The Royal Ballet: Live – Elite Syncopations will go ahead.

We are now awaiting further government guidance for the arts, and are assessing what is possible safely in terms of performances and rehearsals. We will be in touch with all ticket buyers with further information and digital performance options as soon as we possibly can. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just popped on the ROH website for a totally different reason and they seem to be offering some free tickets for Wednesday night? I can't take advantage myself, but in case someone else can...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Just popped on the ROH website for a totally different reason and they seem to be offering some free tickets for Wednesday night? I can't take advantage myself, but in case someone else can...

 

...which aren't actually there if you click through...I've checked a couple times and get the 'no tickets available'....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Ah I see, thought it was a bit odd! Sorry for the false alarm!

 

Not a false alarm at all. That's what the page says - book free tickets. I think its another website glitch. They seem to be having them a lot lately.  

Edited by oncnp
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dancers are putting up programming news for Wednesday which seems to indicate some sort of amalgamation of the two shows.

(See Instagram stories from Mayara Magri and Claire Calvert, for example.)

If that is the case, and the show ends up being longer, ticket holders need to know.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, capybara said:

Dancers are putting up programming news for Wednesday which seems to indicate some sort of amalgamation of the two shows.

(See Instagram stories from Mayara Magri and Claire Calvert, for example.)

If that is the case, and the show ends up being longer, ticket holders need to know.

 

It will be longer....update on website ...wonder how they are going to socially distance the interval?

 

The performance will last approximately 2 hours 25 minutes including one 20-minute interval.

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that might be a bit of a nightmare - but then they did have intervals in the "back on stage" programme, although I imagine the audience numbers were smaller.

 

So - perhaps they're adding the full Within the Golden Hour to the performance, plus all the other bits?  Or do we get a Nunez/Muntagirov Tchai pas in the first half and O'Sullivan/Sambé in the second half?  Or ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

 

It will be longer....update on website ...wonder how they are going to socially distance the interval?

 

The performance will last approximately 2 hours 25 minutes including one 20-minute interval.

There goes my dinner booking.. but apart from that, delighted!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...