ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

10 hours ago, capybara said:

Just received from the ROH (extracts from e-mail):

[..........................] I am contacting you as we are conducting some remote research towards our work to provide an improved user experience when purchasing a ticket via the ROH website.

The sessions will take place on [............................] and will last up to 60 minutes. Participants will join a remote research session via either a Zoom App or Microsoft Teams App using their own computer (desktop/laptop/ipad) at home.

[...............................................]

Not sure I really understand this research. They know how booking works normally, and they must know that any lesser service or fewer options are undesirable but have presumably been deemed to be required in the current circumstances. Obviously, people would like something as near as possible to normal. What else is there to say? (Genuine question.) 

• Like 1

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, capybara said:

Just received from the ROH (extracts from e-mail):

[..........................] I am contacting you as we are conducting some remote research towards our work to provide an improved user experience when purchasing a ticket via the ROH website.

The sessions will take place on [............................] and will last up to 60 minutes. Participants will join a remote research session via either a Zoom App or Microsoft Teams App using their own computer (desktop/laptop/ipad) at home.

[...............................................]

Yes, I got it too.

Yes I got this as well and agree more choice in where you can sit even if under current restrictions of pairs and singles etc would be desirable. There are some areas of Amphi can’t sit at all these days! 

13 hours ago, capybara said:

I’m half minded to start a separate thread for issues to be aired (again) but it’s by no means certain that I’ll be sent the link and I‘d hate not to be able to ‘deliver’.

I'm wondering if it could be a joint effort, and then if one or more of us actually gets through we'd have a list of things to bring up?

57 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Yes I got this as well and agree more choice in where you can sit even if under current restrictions of pairs and singles etc would be desirable. There are some areas of Amphi can’t sit at all these days! 

Don’t forget to point out that the Theatre Royal in Bath (for example) has managed to adapt its seating plan booking method for its reopening programme of plays. Still able to choose your own seat just fewer seats to choose from. 

• Like 2

And while roaming the ROH site noticed some of the Nutcracker dates have prices listed from £63–£600. Probably a typo (or a family/bubble ticket?) but, if correct for a single seat, I'd better be able to take the Prince home with me. 

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, oncnp said:

And while roaming the ROH site noticed some of the Nutcracker dates have prices listed from £63–£600. Probably a typo (or a family/bubble ticket?) but, if correct for a single seat, I'd better be able to take the Prince home with me. 

my guess it is the cost of a box (the £600) - but even so, that's £150 a seat. So, not a cut-price ticket for a cut-down performance...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

my guess it is the cost of a box (the £600) - but even so, that's £150 a seat. So, not a cut-price ticket for a cut-down performance...

Sor-ry - looking at it again it's a typo. Most of the dates are double listed, one with no prices and the other with the £63–£600.  I should know better than to believe the ROH website by now. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

if the prince was Vadim I'd pay the £600 to take him home with me!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

Are there 2 completely different programmes, or is the the same excerpts with either Elite or Golden Hour?

It is possible to deduce from social media that there are two different programmes, although where Scherzo sits remains a mystery.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Booking for Nuts has been pushed back a bit "to allow for family bookings and greater flexibility for ticket buyers in a socially-distanced auditorium".

And, hopefully, some casting information which includes Clara and Hans Peter.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, J_New said:

Thanks, BBB - I had that email too, but when I tried to get extra tickets it still said 'you've reached your ticket limit'. So maybe it's taking time to get that onto the website.

Yes, I was doing a dummy run an hour or two ago and got told once I'd got two tickets in my basket that that was my lot :(

2 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

Just to mention that the ticket limits on the Elite and WTGH programmes has now been lifted.

Booking for Nuts has been pushed back a bit "to allow for family bookings and greater flexibility for ticket buyers in a socially-distanced auditorium".

I just noticed that all the dates for Nutcracker had changed, you have to be careful to note that actual time of day too, e.g. ordinary Friends is 4pm 10th November, sounds fun.

40 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I just noticed that all the dates for Nutcracker had changed, you have to be careful to note that actual time of day too, e.g. ordinary Friends is 4pm 10th November, sounds fun.

This is going to go well.....

View priority booking dates
General: 11 November 2020, 5am
Young ROH: 11 November 2020, 5am
Friends: 10 November 2020, 11am
Young Friends: 10 November 2020, 11am
Friends+: 10 November 2020, 9am
Supporting Friends: 10 November 2020, 5am
Premium 1 Friends: 9 November 2020, 11am
Premium 2 Friends: 9 November 2020, 9am
Edited by oncnp

23 minutes ago, oncnp said:

and just noticed website does not match time on my most recent e-mail from box office......

25 minutes ago, oncnp said:

As Beryl H says above, for Friends it's actually 4pm on 10th Nov according to an email I received, so this list is presumably wrong in at least that respect...

Edited by bridiem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bridiem said:

As Beryl H says above, for Friends it's actually 4pm on 10th Nov according to an email I received, so this list is presumably wrong in at least that respect...

They've given themselves an extra week (originally 3 November at 10am for me) so hopefully they'll get it sorted out. Some consistent information would be helpful though. Casting would be even better but not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sounds like they've used US Eastern time by accident.

That would explain the 5 hours as our clocks go back this weekend ⏲️

Does no one proof read these pages before they are put up on the website?

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sounds like they've used US Eastern time by accident.

I think it's likely that the reason for the November 10 4pm start of Friends' Nutcracker booking  is that public booking for the opera in concert performances also opens November 10, but at 10am.  It looks as if they're being sensible and are separating the public opera booking from the Friends' ballet booking.

Edited to add that I quoted the wrong post above.  I'd meant to quote the post that indicated that the 4pm start of Friends' booking was incorrect.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2