ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

35 minutes ago, Peony said:

Some places have still only got 20 cases per 100000 though. I think we need to take a very close look at why measures haven’t worked in some places and tackle the causes. I think it’s going to be very difficult to get sufficient support countrywide for a lockdown to make it work. 

I'm afraid it appears that commonsense has gone out the window! 

• Like 1

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardian reported "We are going to extend the furlough system through November. We will extend further until December.”

Hopefully that will lessen the financial impact somewhat/a little/🤞

Probably all got a different opinion about whether this is the right course of action based on the evidence on transmission. But regardless, sorry to all those who got so close to actually seeing a live performance. Hopefully it will be a case of rescheduling rather than cancelling them

• Like 1

I hope that the RB dancers who were due to perform on Wednesday (and onwards) are informed quickly as to what will happen.

Weekend announcements often prolong the agony and the situation is dire enough without their having to process added uncertainty.

I guess that we would all like to have the divertissements evenings rescheduled rather than cancelled? 

(Same goes for the ENB shows at SW and those of other companies. They can do without the added expense of handling thousands of refunds.)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, capybara said:

I hope that the RB dancers who were due to perform on Wednesday (and onwards) are informed quickly as to what will happen.

Weekend announcements often prolong the agony and the situation is dire enough without their having to process added uncertainty.

If I'm reading correctly the full details will be announced on Tuesday so doesn't give them much time. 

15 minutes ago, oncnp said:

If I'm reading correctly the full details will be announced on Tuesday so doesn't give them much time. 

Theatres will be closed. The Govt. timetable is in order to build in  a parliamentary debate and vote.

All companies surely have contingency plans in place against a range of possible scenarios.

4 minutes ago, capybara said:

Theatres will be closed. The Govt. timetable is in order to build in  a parliamentary debate and vote.

All companies surely have contingency plans in place against a range of possible scenarios.

Understand about the theatres being closed. What I was wondering was whether the dancers could still come in to rehearse (i.e. can save Nutcracker?). Travel seems to be permitted when can't work from home. 

Just now, LinMM said:

Can’t the Wednesday 4th Nov performance go ahead if lockdown doesn’t start till thursday? I’ve got a few friends with tickets for this so hope it’s okay for that day at least 

I think it will go ahead. The ROH is still selling tickets for Wed and has stopped for all of the other Nov performances

7 hours ago, Peony said:

Some places have still only got 20 cases per 100000 though. I think we need to take a very close look at why measures haven’t worked in some places and tackle the causes.

its largely because many people just don't give a toss. On my way home tonight, saw 8 women on the opposite platform, obviously on their way out on a hen night/ Halloween night; no social distancing, no masks (until they got on the crowded tram). So much for the rule of 6, etc

• Like 4

Maybe they could stream some of the other performances of the mixed bills - doing it akin to the elite sports who are able to go ahead behind closed doors.  They would be able to increase on their audience size I'd imagine as people with tickets had already committed to the time - (and I'm sure a majority would make a donation of any fiscal overage given the unforeseen occurrences)  -  and I'm certain many others would eagerly jump aboard who may not have felt comfortable attending or travelling to the venue physically.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, capybara said:

They must surely have had a shadow plan in place to stream the second programme at least (Elite already having been shown).

But do we know that the dancers can be in the studio from this Thursday?

I was wondering if the ROH will need to use the furlough scheme again. Though of course I hope not, for the sake of the dancers.

Although I had no intention of going to the 4th Nov performance out of curiosity I clicked the link to buy tickets and got the following message 

• Sorry tickets are currently unavailable. Returns may be available later.

which possibly looks as though there has ben a last minute rush for the only available performance.

Just saw this.
Must be very difficult deciding what preparations to make for possible December performances when there may be very little notice of any extension to lockdown - my sympathies with those having to take the decision and all those affected.

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, Blossom said:

So pleased I thought ahead to buy tickets for Weds night and not Thursday when it started looking like a lockdown would happen. Assumed would be a Friday night lockdown so very thankful I managed to get seats for Weds.

Enjoy!