BRB performances & events in August, September & October 2020 and beyond

Travelled up to London to Blackfriars today from Brighton on empty train. Nobody got in my carriage before Blackfriars so didn’t even have to wear my mask... which was at the ready. 
I think if really carefully planned I could have made the BRB performance on the Thursday and stayed overnight ( partners flat so not hotel) I just need to separate journeys out more not try to do all on one day as that doesn’t work at the moment. 

So nice to be up in London again and what a glorious day today to wander by the Thames and met a friend not seen since December for lunch at St Paul’s  feeling very happy 😊

27BD9AF1-C07F-4C3C-9CFE-810223FBC139.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Are they rooms without windows though? 

In my experience most office building windows don't open. We used to tell patients that was because they were afraid the staff would jump out. I think it was the ROH that made a point of saying that with the refit in the late 1990s that the windows would open. 

And even open windows won't help aerosols (with virus attached) that land on surfaces which, according to the US Centers for Disease Control, can live up to 3-5 days on plastic and stainless steel surfaces. Not much data on how long it can live on fabric it seems. Not sure how often or how well trains are cleaned.  Proper hand washing afterward should mitigate the risk but not everyone will 

Edited by oncnp
add data

Yes it may make a bit of difference the size of the space and a group of people in a meeting talking and laughing ( or crying with frustration lol!) and somebody sitting on their own reading a book as to just how much of these aerosols will be left around. 
I know that technically speaking I should have warn a mask and got on the train with it but couldn’t believe my luck how empty this 12 carriage train was ...there was nobody within 50 feet of me so felt a bit silly to be honest with mask on so took it off. If more people had got on I would have put it on and expected that at Gatwick but no not another soul I guess travelling mid day if you can is the secret. 
I don’t think my journey tonight back from Victoria on Southern will be as good somehow. 

53 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Are they rooms without windows though? 

Well ventilated rooms with opening windows - we're encouraged to keep these open, as well as doors, where possible.  Furthermore, in meetings running over an hour we have to head outside for 15 minutes every hour to let things settle. 

There are numerous other measures to do with surfaces and capacity but I won't bore you with them as well!

36 minutes ago, oncnp said:

In my experience most office building windows don't open. We used to tell patients that was because they were afraid the staff would jump out. I think it was the ROH that made a point of saying that with the refit in the late 1990s that the windows would open.

In my current workplace most windows open, regardless of AC provision - the risk of interfering with AC is I think the reason many offices' windows are permanently closed.

• Like 1

Another secret of 12 carriage trains is to sit in the front carriage not many people can be bothered to walk that far down the station platform! 
I knew I needed the back of the train at Blackfriars so ..  with mask on..  started to walk towards the back of the train and it just seemed to go on forever! I started to think there was some sort of mirror down the back reflecting the carriages back it took me almost from London Bridge to Blackfriars to get to the end carriage!! 
No doubt tonight it will be back to a Southern 4 carriage job 🙄

Meanwhile I received this re RPO & BRB from the Royal Albert Hall today:

21 September 2020

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra presents: The Beauty of Ballet | Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7.30pm | new date confirmed

We are writing to inform you that the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s The Beauty of Ballet has been rescheduled due to the coronavirus pandemic. This event will now take place on Wednesday 10 November 2021

• 2 weeks later...

From an email yesterday:

SOLOS AND PAS DE DEUX - THURSDAY 1 OCTOBER AT 8PM

We're excited to share details of a brand-new film of a workshop and performances, recorded at Birmingham Royal Ballet's Thorp Street studios yesterday afternoon.  The film will premiere on our Facebook page and website on 1 October at 8pm (BST) and will be available to watch for 7 days after the premiere.

Introduced by Carlos Acosta, this special programme of solos, pas de deux and workshop notes will be performed by artists of Birmingham Royal Ballet to music from Company Pianist Ross Williams.

Broadcast programme

Sleeping Beauty (Wright) – Diamond Fairy Act 3  pas de quatre  (Lynsey Sutherland)

Sleeping Beauty (Ashton) Act 2 Florimund (Callum Findlay White)

Concerto (MacMillan) Pas de deux (Tessa Hogge & Lennert Steegen)

Elite Syncopations (MacMillan)Friday Night  ( August Generalli)

Sleeping Beauty (Ashton) – Act 2 Florimund (Gabriel Anderson)

Sleeping Beauty (Wright) – Aurora Act 1 solo (Alexandra Burman)

Sylvia (Ashton) – Male solo (Louis Andreasen)

Shakespeare Suite (Bintley) – Petruchio and Kate (Rosanna Ely & Joey Taylor)

Don Quixote (Acosta) – Pas de deux (Isabella Howard & Miles Gilliver)

For more details on this performance and to watch on the day click the button below.

FIND OUT MORE AND WATCH FROM 8PM THURSDAY

The performance will be available to stream for free, however if you are able to make a contribution towards our work you can support us by following this link. Every donation made is hugely appreciated.

I've just had an email from the Royal Albert Hall that December's BRB performances of Nutcracker ARE going ahead, albeit with a socially distanced audience. Ticket holders are being asked if they want to hang on to their tickets, donate the money, or get a voucher or refund. As the tickets were originally sold for a normal audience I guess this is how they will get the audience numbers down to the numbers required for social distancing. Those keeping their tickets will be informed later this month of any required seat changes.

Baby steps, but more good news. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Wall said:

I can see it - but I can't hear the video.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

OK for me (for once)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that BRB’s new triple bill featuring Will Tuckett’s  Lazuli Sky opens this week and will be filmed for future streaming. Any word yet on when it will be aired?  Apologies, if it’s already been noted  elsewhere in this forum.

This is exciting! 🥳 

Edited by Jeannette

3 minutes ago, Jeannette said:

I know that BRB’s new triple bill featuring Will Tuckett’s  Lazuli Sky opens this week and will be filmed for future streaming. Any word yet on when it will be aired?  Apologies, if it’s already been noted  elsewhere in this forum.

This is exciting! 🥳 

According to the website, from 1 Nov for 1 week.  Details to follow

https://www.brb.org.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6JbayaX15wIVUkTTCh3O9wSFEAAYASAAEgKbF_D_BwE

Edited by oncnp