BRB performances & events in August, September & October 2020 and beyond

BRB have announced on their Facebook page that a few more tickets have been released for the performances at the Rep. 

‘We are delighted to announce that we are able to put a limited number of additional seats on sale for our upcoming performances of Lazuli Sky.  Booking will be available online only at https://birmingham-rep.co.uk from 9am on Wednesday 2 September for performances at Birmingham Repertory Theatre on 22, 23 and 24 October.‘

Edited by danceparent
To add booking details
  • Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder that a few more tickets go on sale from 9am today.

Extract from an email issued yesterday:

"We are delighted with the response we have received to the additional performance of Lazuli Sky on 23 October that was added last week. 

This performance is now full but we are pleased to announce that The REP will be putting a limited number of additional seats on sale tomorrow morning for the other performances.

Booking will be available online only from The REP's website from 9am on Wednesday 2 September for performances on 22, 23 and 24 October."

(An extra performance was added and offered to supporters - this performance (as stated) is now sold out).

• 2 weeks later...

Info for Sadler's Wells

http://www.balletnews.co.uk/the-first-public-performances-at-sadlers-wells-since-lockdown

Tickets for Lazuli Sky at Sadler’s Wells are now available, with priority booking for members open from today and general tickets available by public sale from Monday 14 September.  

https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/lazuli-sky

Edited by oncnp

19 minutes ago, annamk said:

Has anyone with a Sadlers Wells membership tried to book tickets for this ? 

Yes. But, as I mentioned on another thread, it was problematic for people who wanted to purchase a single seat and large areas of the theatre appeared to be have sold out.

Public booking opens at 10.00am tomorrow (Mon. 14th).

Incidentally, Sadlers Wells membership is good value for the priority it gives and the discount on ticket prices. The only problem is that, in common with the ROH, the higher  levels of membership have earlier access to booking.

Will have a go at booking a single ticket for this tomorrow!! 
I too am a little confused though ( well seems to be an almost permanent state of mind at the moment) as I thought Sadlers Wells wasn’t opening until 2021? 
Did they announce any formal reopening or is it just the lucky members of this Forum who have discovered they are putting on performances in October? 
Is it the same ticket booking for general public kindly given out by oncnp above as I’m not a member etc. 

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Did they announce any formal reopening or is it just the lucky members of this Forum who have discovered they are putting on performances in October? 
Is it the same ticket booking for general public kindly given out by oncnp above as I’m not a member etc. 

SW announced it and all you need to do is to go to the SW website, then What's On and scroll down to BRB.

• Like 2

Having missed out on the Birmingham shows, I managed to snag a ticket to this, ninja style, for the Saturday evening. The phrase 'can't wait' seems woefully inadequate; I'll give even odds I'll shed a little tear when the curtain goes up. 

If anyone else is there for that performance, I'd love to say a socially distanced hello. 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, BristolBillyBob said:

Having missed out on the Birmingham shows, I managed to snag a ticket to this, ninja style, for the Saturday evening. The phrase 'can't wait' seems woefully inadequate; I'll give even odds I'll shed a little tear when the curtain goes up. 

If anyone else is there for that performance, I'd love to say a socially distanced hello. 🙂

Just booked for the same performance - so pleased to have got tickets as already so sold out. With you on the sentiment - it's going to be a very long wait!

• Like 1

I don’t understand how the ticket system works!! 
Where there are two together it will allow me to book one of them but then does that mean somebody else could book the other or would it be sold as a single seat?? It doesn’t seem to require you to buy them both so can’t work out how it works. 
There are no single seats left without restricted view but is it correct I could but just one of a pair 🤔

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I don’t understand how the ticket system works!! 
Where there are two together it will allow me to book one of them but then does that mean somebody else could book the other or would it be sold as a single seat?? It doesn’t seem to require you to buy them both so can’t work out how it works. 
There are no single seats left without restricted view but is it correct I could but just one of a pair 🤔

I tried to add a single seat of a pair just to see what happened and it would not allow me to proceed.

If you can't find a single, PM me. 

Well I just tried this for the second circle and it just came up as standard ticket £25 and a red blob appeared where the blue one had been and the other seat next to it remained blue!!  So it looked as if I could book it! But I didn’t proceed further so perhaps should have another go ..perhaps as it’s selling well they are now selling doubles off as singles....no doubt wishful thinking!! 
I am trying for the matinee on Oct 31st

I didn't expect any tickets to be left, but there were a few so booked one for Friday in the upper circle, one of the hurdles I expected wasn't there, I don't have a printer but I can apparently collect the ticket at the Box Office, there probably won't be many of us old fogies anyway:) The other thing is the Track and Trace thing that has to be completed in the theatre, don't have a mobile phone either, this is mandatory from the 18th September I think. 

I got so excited at the prospect of seeing this that I didn’t think it through properly. 
Had forgotten would have to wear masks during the performance! 
Was thinking about Sat matinee but coming from Brighton that would be an hour and quarter on train then crossing London by bus from Victoria and then into the theatre. Unfortunately too long for me as could end up being without a break and I need to build in breaks with mask wearing.   So realistically  speaking it’s not going to be possible for me currently I think. 
Id love to have gone though and am still now toying with the idea of a Thursday night as could walk to the theatre from where I usually stay when overnighting and walk back again so then not so long in the mask. 
There are only two single seats left at £15 in Second Circle right at the back but are not restricted view or anything for Thursday. 
Still trying to make mind up so will probably be gone by the time I get my act together 🙄 

30 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Was thinking about Sat matinee but coming from Brighton that would be an hour and quarter on train then crossing London by bus from Victoria and then into the theatre. Unfortunately too long for me as could end up being without a break and I need to build in breaks with mask wearing.  

Catch the Thameslink from Brighton to Farringdon, then walk from Farringdon. I'd say its about 15mins give or take, depending on how fast you walk

15-20.  If you don't get lost :)  And if the right exit is open - which it probably is now due to Covid restrictions.  Can you not split the rail journey up, Lin?  Get off at East Croydon, maybe, and go for a quick stroll round the delights (?) of Croydon?  You might well have a lot more options for changing there. 

I have today received an impressive magazine from BRB, 'Back to the Future'. It's very positive and contains an optimistic, albeit cautious, article by Carlos Acosta, and briefer pieces from a range of staff across the company. It lists performances of Cinderella in February in March (Southampton, Salford, Plymouth, Sunderland, Bristol) and a season at the Hippodrome, 31 March to 10 April. Elsewhere there is a reference to the season at the Birmingham Rep in May.

There's an article on the new brand and its vision, not that it's particularly clear what the brand is! It seems to be taking Ballet Everywhere! ( their capitals and exclamation mark). That's encouraging, perhaps they'll start touring more and reintroduce the 2nd season in Sunderland, which they had for decades. Speaking of Sunderland, an article written by the programming director of ATG, boasts that their relationship with the Sunderland Empire is to 'engage with an area that would not normally have access to a company of the calibre of BRB'. That theatre was the only one outside of London that hosted the Bolshoi in 1956 !- and had the Bolshoi again in later years. And since the 1970s, when I moved to the North East, there were 2 seasons a year until relatively recently. (End of rant).

There are several references to increased use of filming in the future. There is frequent reference to new work, still no indication that there is any intention to show any of the rich rep it holds, Ashton, Balanchine, Cranko, MacMillan (not just Romeo and Juliet) etc. I live in hope!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SheilaC said:

I have today received an impressive magazine from BRB, 'Back to the Future'. It's very positive ....    

Very impressive. BRB has an extraordinarily strong team at the top in Carlos Acosta and Caroline Miller.

ENB, Northern and Rambert have shared their plans also.

ROH and RB - what’s keeping YOU?

• Like 2

Have just seen the BRB performances at Sadlers Wells are now sold out except for Sat night. 
Great news for the BRB dancers and for Sadlers Wells ....unfortunately decided not to attend this time around ....but thanks to people offering train advice and tickets 😊

Hope to be watching some live ballet or music in not too distant future.