New Look BCF Website

capybara

Well this was surprise!

I like its fresh, clean appearance and the additional data it provides.

Thanks to all involved in the upgrade.

[Now to work out why, when I marked one forum as read, the whole site has been thus marked - user error no doubt!!!!]

• Like 4

It only marked the forum as read when I did it just now - there is another option to 'mark site read' which clears all the forums within BalletcoForum, perhaps you inadvertently hit that. Or that you'd already read everything anyway! 🙂

We are having a few little niggles with the new update, so please bear with us while we get them sorted out.

2 minutes ago, alison said:

Even if it did mark the whole forum as read, wasn't it supposed to confirm with you before it did it?  I thought it used to, pre-update.  Or is this another useful feature they've dumped? ;)

I had a confirmation query alert a moment ago when I marked the site read.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alison said:

Even if it did mark the whole forum as read, wasn't it supposed to confirm with you before it did it?  I thought it used to, pre-update.  Or is this another useful feature they've dumped? ;)

Just tried it with one forum (not the whole site) and it asked me for confirmation.

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Well this was surprise!

I like its fresh, clean appearance and the additional data it provides.

What additional data does it provide, capybara?

BTW, if anyone's wondering what's happened to the forum logo, apparently it's there but in white so we can't see it ;) .  Bear with us ...

Some more conversation which is relevant to the update:

13 hours ago, LinMM said:

I’ve just posted above message from my phone but when I go on my IPad it just says my name logo on one side then a long thin narrow bar and underneath submit reply but there’s nowhere to post a reply!!

I can see the Forum has been updated recently and as my IPad is IOS 9.5 does this mean it’s too old to use on the Forum now. My phone is iOS 13 so no probs there but I can read posts but not write replies on the IPad 

Can moderators advise?? 

1 hour ago, zxDaveM said:

I've just checked it out on my old ipad - and get the same. I'm afraid that when they did the upgrade, as with many other websites, they simply assume that everyone is on a hardware platform (or software update for said platform) that is within the last 5-7 years - or even more recent. I don't use that old ipad very much these days (except to check email or play spider patience) as many websites are either unreadable or just crash the browser, and Apple's updates no longer apply to that hardware (which is annoying). So I'm sorry, but there isn't anything I can do to help.

There are a lot of things happening 'under the bonnet', so to speak, that have improved the site - though the default colour scheme was rather harsh, and I had to make many tweaks before it became at least a little more user friendly. So it was advisable to go ahead with the update, for the present day functionality, and also to future proof. It seems that unfortunately, older devices got left behind.

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Thanks Dave I messaged Janet and she gave me the bad news!! My IPad is just too old now and can’t be updated by Apple 😢

However I’ve been having a few other problems with it recently ( only being able to book certain things online with my phone not the IPad and certain Apps no longer working etc  ☹️ 
My piano course at City Lit is online next term and am not sure software is going to work on IOS 9.5 although the zoom part should be okay but looks like will defo have to update it in the Autumn as I need at least an IPad size screen to work with the phone is too small for some things. 
Anyway I can still read the Balletcoforum on  the iPad which is more relaxing than phone it’s just if I want to make a comment will have to use phone 😊