Elmhurst Young Dancer Newbies

Daintydancer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

@Spamcatthank you, but I've already ordered the uniform! I went for the smaller size, so if ut is too small I might take you up on that 😉 My DD definitely has boys in the class. And as they go in, I've been looking and some children look older, and I'd say at least half already had uniform on the first day and knew each other. Yr 4 were only accepted the week before term started, so none of us have uniform as it's all out of stock! 

For reference, we're 08.45-10, Door C (purple group with Miss Sherman) X

Ah my daughter’s in this group too. She’s loving it 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Which group colour is she?

It just doesn't make sense because the yr5s are in my DDs class which is split in half and not mixed with yr4s.

@Astrid there aren't any yr4s in your half of the class are there?

hello @Spamcat! All year 5 girls in our group, my DD knows all the girls in our group she says it’s the same as last year with ‘some missing’ (who will all be in yours 🙂).  

They have done so well to get everyone back!

Looking forward to them all being together again soon though @Spamcat x and to the return of jazz! 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astrid said:

hello @Spamcat! All year 5 girls in our group, my DD knows all the girls in our group she says it’s the same as last year with ‘some missing’ (who will all be in yours 🙂).  

They have done so well to get everyone back!

Looking forward to them all being together again soon though @Spamcat x and to the return of jazz! 😎

@Astrid hello! 😊

Our class is about 6 girls from last year and 6 yr5 newbies according to Bree. Still doesn't add up to the number of girls there were last year though does it? So we assumed some girls had left. But it sounds like some must be in with year 4 according to what people have said on here.

On 19/09/2020 at 20:47, Spamcat said:

That is lovely that he felt so at home with the other children. It is such a friendly place. What a lovely name!

That made me laugh when you said 'she might be a spamcat' 😂😂. I am spamcat because I had a cat called Spam, who had red hair like me! 😁

Just catching up after a busy week! Ohhhh someone with red hair stood near me the first week... maybe one week I'll pluck up the courage to ask.

DD is loving Elmhurst 😊 recognised a few faces when she went in which helps and finds the teacher strict but lovely. 

We're in purple group 10:30 and definitely a mix of new and old students. Sounds like there is a lot of year 5 girls if they are potentially split across 3 groups!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

Just catching up after a busy week! Ohhhh someone with red hair stood near me the first week... maybe one week I'll pluck up the courage to ask.

DD is loving Elmhurst 😊 recognised a few faces when she went in which helps and finds the teacher strict but lovely. 

We're in purple group 10:30 and definitely a mix of new and old students. Sounds like there is a lot of year 5 girls if they are potentially split across 3 groups!

I will be taking them this week so do say hi if you see me, I have red hair and I'm usually dressed in some sort of tie dye. 😂

Yes my DD said the teacher is much stricter than the teacher they had last year but she likes that. She said the class is 12 and she thinks 6 old and 6 new.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if it's acceptable to wear either canvas split soles or leather full soles? I've tried 3x canvas full soles for my DD. Nothing fits properly, all too wide. The drawstring is rubbing her ankle now  but without it done up tightly the shoe is far too loose! I was going to email Elmhurst but don't want to be frowned upon 😉 Thanks 

2 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

Does anyone know if it's acceptable to wear either canvas split soles or leather full soles? I've tried 3x canvas full soles for my DD. Nothing fits properly, all too wide. The drawstring is rubbing her ankle now  but without it done up tightly the shoe is far too loose! I was going to email Elmhurst but don't want to be frowned upon 😉 Thanks 

I tried emailing Elmhurst as we had the same problem. It’s only split sole that fitted. I had no reply, but she went last week with split sole and nothing was said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

DD is wearing split soles at the moment as the mandated shoes are STILL on back order. Nothing been said.

I have the opposite problem for my DS at Tring. The elmhurst full sole canvas shoes are fine but the soles get dirty so quickly and I wish they’d allow leather. For Tring CBA they’re a strategy canvas split sole, and he can’t get them on. He’s a 3 in ‘normal’ canvas shoes but looks like he’s seriously need a 4.5 in the canvas stretch split sole. 

17 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I have the opposite problem for my DS at Tring. The elmhurst full sole canvas shoes are fine but the soles get dirty so quickly and I wish they’d allow leather. For Tring CBA they’re a strategy canvas split sole, and he can’t get them on. He’s a 3 in ‘normal’ canvas shoes but looks like he’s seriously need a 4.5 in the canvas stretch split sole. 

It's just so hard to get ballet shoes to fit properly! Hopefully a bigger size might work for your DS 🤞🏻

I'm going to do the same as @BellaF and @Daintydancer and allow my DD to wear her stretch canvas split soles, which come in a narrow width and fit really well. I'll see how long we can get away with it for!

• Like 1