Jump to content

Elmhurst Young Dancer Newbies


Daintydancer
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Astrid said:

I trying to search for an alternative. I’ll let you know if I find one! I think a few have the same problem. The Bloch ones they suggested previously came in a A width and so we got those! But these are so wide? We sized down if that helps at all.. It was slightly better but not much! 
our local dance shop is a very good one with a national website branch, and they said the Bloch used to do a canvas full sole but don’t do it any more. They said freed were the only ones they knew of (which are the ones they suggest) 🤔 

oh well at least they will all be the same 😁

My DD feet also very narrow have you tried so danca full sole canvas.  I think that’s what we will be going with as my DD usually has split sole canvas from so danca.  The full sole canvas are also really cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, BellaF said:

Just tried the 8/10 leotard on my DD - it's (very) snug but think we'll get away with it. She's average build 139cm tall if that helps.

 

Do most girls wear the leggings or tracksuit bottoms? 

 

Not long now! Tring CBA next week so last Saturday free for a while 🙂

I contacted the supplier and they have confirmed that the tracksuit is brand new for this year.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

My DD feet also very narrow have you tried so danca full sole canvas.  I think that’s what we will be going with as my DD usually has split sole canvas from so danca.  The full sole canvas are also really cheap.

 

Do you think the teacher will mind them not wearing the mandated shoe as it's full sole canvas? I'm keen to avoid reading the above but don't want to get DD in trouble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BellaF said:

 

Do you think the teacher will mind them not wearing the mandated shoe as it's full sole canvas? I'm keen to avoid reading the above but don't want to get DD in trouble. 

I am sure buying a different pair of shoes will be fine especially as every child’s feet are different. As long as they are full sole canvas.   We have had a pair of freed aspire before and they looked like boats on her feet.  So I won’t be buying them.  I guess individual teachers may also have a preference with regards to shoes as well.  I am sure it will be fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/08/2020 at 09:55, Ballet Dreams said:

My DD feet also very narrow have you tried so danca full sole canvas.  I think that’s what we will be going with as my DD usually has split sole canvas from so danca.  The full sole canvas are also really cheap.

Oh that is so helpful thank you! I hadn’t seen those. I’ll give them a try! 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/08/2020 at 10:44, BellaF said:

 

Do you think the teacher will mind them not wearing the mandated shoe as it's full sole canvas? I'm keen to avoid reading the above but don't want to get DD in trouble. 

No I don’t think they will mind at all. They just say a full sole canvas. last time they said full sole satin and while they recommended a shoe solong as they were full sole satin it didn’t matter. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/09/2020 at 11:04, Astrid said:

Oh that is so helpful thank you! I hadn’t seen those. I’ll give them a try! 😃

Just received the full sole So Danca ones and they are like boats too ... They fit very differently to their split sole ones! Not really sure what else to try ... Seems like it's boats or nothing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Candycakes82 said:

Just received the full sole So Danca ones and they are like boats too ... They fit very differently to their split sole ones! Not really sure what else to try ... Seems like it's boats or nothing!

Oh no I am still waiting for mine gutting I thought they may be a better fit.  I often shrink my DD shoes by washing them in the washing machine but canvas doesn’t shrink.  I guess my daughters will be like boats as well.  

Edited by Ballet Dreams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BellaF said:

 

Oh god - might send back and get the Freed then 😂

 

Why on earth have they picked such awful shoes!

We are going to stick with the Freed ones ... Although they will probably reside in her bag and see whether she can get away with a more flattering shoe!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/08/2020 at 09:52, Spamcat said:

Hello again! Boys and Girls are in separate classes. My DD and her friend (who is a boy) go to Elmhurst and are moving into yr 5 in September so we should see you there!

I thought you might be the person to ask given your familiarity with the school and area.. Ad the classes are only 1hr15min for now, do you know if Edgbaston has a small ‘high street’ area nearby, or if it’s a quicker to drive back into Birmingham for a coffee? I fear 75 minutes waiting in the car might drive me slightly mad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I thought you might be the person to ask given your familiarity with the school and area.. Ad the classes are only 1hr15min for now, do you know if Edgbaston has a small ‘high street’ area nearby, or if it’s a quicker to drive back into Birmingham for a coffee? I fear 75 minutes waiting in the car might drive me slightly mad. 

We usually walk to 'The Mac' for a coffee and they also do breakfast, cake etc, it is a local art centre and I'm really hoping it will be open. There is nowhere else walkable that I know of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We usually walk to 'The Mac' for a coffee and they also do breakfast, cake etc, it is a local art centre and I'm really hoping it will be open. There is nowhere else walkable that I know of.

I did a quick street view on google and it seems mostly houses and dual carriageway so good to know there’s something local. I just had a peek on the website but unfortunately it says MAC will remain closed to the public until 2021. Such a shame for that organisation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh that is a shame, it is such a lovely place to sit and have a coffee and chat with the other parents. Oh well we can still do that after the restrictions have ended! There is always a Lidl supermarket, you could do your shopping to kill the boredom! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Though DD is just starting Elmhurst YDs we’ve previously been at the school for other things and can recommend a quick hop into Moseley which is not far past the MAC. 
 

Otherwise there’s the Plough at the top of Harborne or Boston Tea Party which has a couple of branches nearby. 
 

Wondering how much time we’ll actually have though as the isn’t that long...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

Though DD is just starting Elmhurst YDs we’ve previously been at the school for other things and can recommend a quick hop into Moseley which is not far past the MAC. 
 

Otherwise there’s the Plough at the top of Harborne or Boston Tea Party which has a couple of branches nearby. 
 

Wondering how much time we’ll actually have though as the isn’t that long...

Apparently drop off is 5 minutes before class starts (info to go out this evening so I’m told), and collection is a few minutes after. So that’s at least an hour of adult escapism 😂 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...