Elmhurst Young Dancer Newbies

Daintydancer

2 hours ago, Candycakes82 said:

Just received the full sole So Danca ones and they are like boats too ... They fit very differently to their split sole ones! Not really sure what else to try ... Seems like it's boats or nothing!

Oh no I am still waiting for mine gutting I thought they may be a better fit.  I often shrink my DD shoes by washing them in the washing machine but canvas doesn’t shrink.  I guess my daughters will be like boats as well.  

Edited by Ballet Dreams

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Oh god - might send back and get the Freed then 😂

Why on earth have they picked such awful shoes!

We are going to stick with the Freed ones ... Although they will probably reside in her bag and see whether she can get away with a more flattering shoe!

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 09:52, Spamcat said:

Hello again! Boys and Girls are in separate classes. My DD and her friend (who is a boy) go to Elmhurst and are moving into yr 5 in September so we should see you there!

I thought you might be the person to ask given your familiarity with the school and area.. Ad the classes are only 1hr15min for now, do you know if Edgbaston has a small ‘high street’ area nearby, or if it’s a quicker to drive back into Birmingham for a coffee? I fear 75 minutes waiting in the car might drive me slightly mad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I thought you might be the person to ask given your familiarity with the school and area.. Ad the classes are only 1hr15min for now, do you know if Edgbaston has a small ‘high street’ area nearby, or if it’s a quicker to drive back into Birmingham for a coffee? I fear 75 minutes waiting in the car might drive me slightly mad. 

We usually walk to 'The Mac' for a coffee and they also do breakfast, cake etc, it is a local art centre and I'm really hoping it will be open. There is nowhere else walkable that I know of.

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We usually walk to 'The Mac' for a coffee and they also do breakfast, cake etc, it is a local art centre and I'm really hoping it will be open. There is nowhere else walkable that I know of.

I did a quick street view on google and it seems mostly houses and dual carriageway so good to know there’s something local. I just had a peek on the website but unfortunately it says MAC will remain closed to the public until 2021. Such a shame for that organisation. 

Oh that is a shame, it is such a lovely place to sit and have a coffee and chat with the other parents. Oh well we can still do that after the restrictions have ended! There is always a Lidl supermarket, you could do your shopping to kill the boredom! 😂

Though DD is just starting Elmhurst YDs we’ve previously been at the school for other things and can recommend a quick hop into Moseley which is not far past the MAC. 

Otherwise there’s the Plough at the top of Harborne or Boston Tea Party which has a couple of branches nearby. 

Wondering how much time we’ll actually have though as the isn’t that long...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

Though DD is just starting Elmhurst YDs we’ve previously been at the school for other things and can recommend a quick hop into Moseley which is not far past the MAC. 

Otherwise there’s the Plough at the top of Harborne or Boston Tea Party which has a couple of branches nearby. 

Wondering how much time we’ll actually have though as the isn’t that long...

Apparently drop off is 5 minutes before class starts (info to go out this evening so I’m told), and collection is a few minutes after. So that’s at least an hour of adult escapism 😂 

22 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Apparently drop off is 5 minutes before class starts (info to go out this evening so I’m told), and collection is a few minutes after. So that’s at least an hour of adult escapism 😂 

True! And even more when they can add jazz back in 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Hi everyone. 
my DD starts year 4, on Saturday apparently but we’ve had no information of timings etc yet. 
Has anybody else received any? 

I have childcare I need to arrange. 

My DS starts Y5 on Saturday but the auditions were well before Y4 and the class times were sent a few days after results. I did email to politely ask about drop off times this afternoon, and was told they’re very busy working on that and will hopefully update everyone tonight or tomorrow. It sounds like a logistical nightmare getting everyone safely in. 

6 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Hi everyone. 
my DD starts year 4, on Saturday apparently but we’ve had no information of timings etc yet. 
Has anybody else received any? 

I have childcare I need to arrange. 

Like @Spamcatsaid, I did see in a letter the younger dancers will be in the mornings and the older ones in the afternoons so it can’t be much different. 

1 hour ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Such a shame about tomorrow’s start of term class being cancelled. 🤦‍♂️

Yes DD will be so disappointed though, selfishly, I'm looking forward to one last Saturday lie for a while (especially now we have an early start for Tring on Sunday!).

It is a shame they couldn’t start this week. Fingers crossed it’s able to run next week. This is what I’ve been worrying about happening, not just with this, but school and normal dance classes, just as the children are starting to get some normality back. Trying not to think too far ahead at the moment and just do everything as safely as we can and hope we’re not constantly being sent home for burst bubbles.

8 hours ago, Bookish said:

It is a shame they couldn’t start this week. Fingers crossed it’s able to run next week. This is what I’ve been worrying about happening, not just with this, but school and normal dance classes, just as the children are starting to get some normality back. Trying not to think too far ahead at the moment and just do everything as safely as we can and hope we’re not constantly being sent home for burst bubbles.

Same. They finally have some normality back it would be horrible for them to lose it again.

• Like 1