Jump to content

RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Alexandra84 said:

Thank you for your answer! yes, my daughters video has already been seen, just wondering if they view it again later to decide or if they just view it once and make the decision there and then. 

Interesting about the numbers, I thought it was more than that :) 

Can you imagine the mammoth task they will have viewing all those videos and i imagine there will be a high number with potential. How do they even whittle it down? I would love watching all the videos as love ballet myself but after so many videos, it must get a little laborious!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

 

First time posting on this forum and first time auditioning for my 8 year old DD.  Hoping Manchester! 🙏 

 

Great thread, I have been checking my DD videos on you tubeto see if they have been viewed but I cant figue out if its been watched or the views are going up because I keep on checking! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ballet_mum3 said:

Hi everyone

 

First time posting on this forum and first time auditioning for my 8 year old DD.  Hoping Manchester! 🙏 

 

Great thread, I have been checking my DD videos on you tubeto see if they have been viewed but I cant figue out if its been watched or the views are going up because I keep on checking! 😄

You can see how many views your video’s have had when you open up YouTube and click on your account into the video tab. If you click on each video, your number count goes up. I have got all three at the same number of views by clicking into them myself so I know now, when that number changes, it will have been viewed by them as they are the only ones with access to it via link (as long as I dont click on the videos again). There is the YouTube analytics app which shows you also). There is also something about subscribers. I think that will change once viewed by someone other than myself? Although that is only my guess 👍🏻

Edited by Balletbuds80
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

You can see how many views your video’s have had when you open up YouTube and click on your account into the video tab. If you click on each video, your number count goes up. I have got all three at the same number of views by clicking into them myself so I know now, when that number changes, it will have been viewed by them as they are the only ones with access to it via link (as long as I dont click on the videos again). There is the YouTube analytics app which shows you also). There is also something about subscribers. I think that will change once viewed by someone other than myself? Although that is only my guess 👍🏻

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take a look at the app.  Its a tense wait.  I had my 3 year old run in screaming half way throught the second video and me quickly scooping her up in my pjs!  😳 DD kept her cool though, Im sure whoever watches it will have a chuckle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 20:49, Millicent said:

Out of interest, has anyone found that their videos have been watched more than once?

I used OneDrive so no analytics available for that (probably a good thing as I have a tendency to overthink!). 

Ours has just been watched once :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 11:24, Ballet_mum3 said:

I will take a look at the app.  Its a tense wait.  I had my 3 year old run in screaming half way throught the second video and me quickly scooping her up in my pjs!  😳 DD kept her cool though, Im sure whoever watches it will have a chuckle!

Nice to hear I wasn’t the only one 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 11:24, Ballet_mum3 said:

I will take a look at the app.  Its a tense wait.  I had my 3 year old run in screaming half way throught the second video and me quickly scooping her up in my pjs!  😳 DD kept her cool though, Im sure whoever watches it will have a chuckle!

 

Edited by Balletbuds80
Duplicate
Link to post
Share on other sites

i managed to look at youtube studio and it looked as if my daughters videos had been watched on saturday 15th August and the 2nd and 3rd again on Sunday 16th? i could be wrong as never looked into the analysis of videos before but it also seemed as if theyd watched ket moments in each video as these had higher watch percentages! How long did the older group wait before the emails came out? will we get an email either way? or if we don't hear then we're out? 

Edited by dancecrazy1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting. Someone said that it took 19 days for them to decide for Y6. It's now been 21 days for group 1. 

 

We will get an email whether it is a yes or a no. I don't think we get individual feedback though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

i managed to look at youtube studio and it looked as if my daughters videos had been watched on saturday 12th August and the 2nd and 3rd again on sunday 13th? i could be wrong as never looked into the analysis of videos before but it also seemed as if theyd watched ket moments in each video as these had higher watch percentages! How long did the older group wait before the emails came out? will we get an email either way? or if we don't hear then we're out? 

I assume you mean September otherwise you were very quick to video your audition on 12th August 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

do you think they'd be more applications for years 4 &5? 

Apparently Y6 was for all UK applications, so I don't know but I would have thought the numbers would be less for just London Y4 and Y5? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard my notifications pinging away and I thought some results were in! Can't be long for grp1 now. Good luck all.

We are group 4 and still waiting for the audition video!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just looked again and my daughter’s also got viewed again on 12th September! I think I missed it as my settings only showed new views in last 48hrs. Only 2 minutes of videos 1&2 but 6 mins of video 3. Will be interesting to reflect on all of this after results are out...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - I downloaded the you tube studio app to check the analytics and it confirms that all the views are mine! 🤣 so still waiting for a view.  Any group 2 videos been watched?  I did send ours in a few days before the deadline...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, my daughter has Auditioned for year 5 Manchester. I think she was group 2! 

She applied last year and didn't get in so we're not hopeful for this year 🤣 we applied as it's great experience but obviously this year its been online 😢

 

Good Luck to you all! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BalletMum89 said:

Hello, my daughter has Auditioned for year 5 Manchester. I think she was group 2! 

She applied last year and didn't get in so we're not hopeful for this year 🤣 we applied as it's great experience but obviously this year its been online 😢

 

Good Luck to you all! 

Good luck too, fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...