RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

@Pups_mum That’s not a ramble at all, it’s a lovely way to articulate the realities and complexities of this crazy audition world. I think that it’s great advice not to try and analyse, because I’m sure I will just drive myself mad in the process and be no more wiser than if I didn’t :) 

I’m sure people will be having these conversations in 10 years time and still be asking the same question! 

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nadine Horn said:

Hi there, my 10 year old daughter starts training in Leeds with Royal Ballet JA. I think I am more nervous than her. 
Nadine x

Don’t be nervous. The teacher in Leeds is lovely. Congratulations to your daughter. She’ll have an amazing time. 

Hi everyone, 

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Has anyone had an email yet for the JA Year 4/5 video auditions for Group 3 (including Eastleigh) yet? My phone has been playing up and I’m not sure all my emails have been coming through recently. Many thanks! 

Edited by BillyElliot1
Extra information

Timing of results

I emailed the auditions team to ask when we might be informed of the results, and this is what they said:

‘We are aiming to let all applicants know their results a month after their video submission date. This may vary slightly, but you will not have to wait until the end of the audition process in order to find out the results. (Unless you are in the last group!)’

• Like 2

That’s good to know that the group 3 email has now been sent, hopefully we aren’t far off results for group 1 then🤞Is anyone else waiting as impatiently as me?! I worked out that if it was the same amount of time from closing date to results released as the year 6 video submissions then that would be next Monday, although I was hoping (perhaps in vain) that we may hear a bit sooner as I imagine there were less auditioning for London 4/5 than the whole of year 6 across all 9 centres, perhaps I’m wrong?! 

1 minute ago, PurplePirouette said:

That’s good to know that the group 3 email has now been sent, hopefully we aren’t far off results for group 1 then🤞Is anyone else waiting as impatiently as me?! I worked out that if it was the same amount of time from closing date to results released as the year 6 video submissions then that would be next Monday, although I was hoping (perhaps in vain) that we may hear a bit sooner as I imagine there were less auditioning for London 4/5 than the whole of year 6 across all 9 centres, perhaps I’m wrong?! 

Me!

I guess next Tuesday will be three weeks from closing date so it could be anytime from next Tuesday to the following one. They did say it would be a full month but fingers crossed!

We really don’t expect my little one to get a JA place btw, but you can’t help hoping!

She starts London Junior Ballet associates on the 27th Sept so that should soften the blow.

Hi RachH, thanks for keeping me company😆 I am exactly the same, we got a no last year so I’m expecting the inevitable but it would be nice to just know and stop the mad email refreshing!! That’s lovely that your dd has LJB, I hope she has a brilliant time. X

• Like 1

We are Group 2 and our deadline was on Monday so each day I am hoping to see our video has been viewed. Mostly so we know I have uploaded them correctly. It’s nice to know that in the next 27 days we will have a decision either way. We are Leeds Year 4 so it’s the first time our DD has auditioned for RBS JA. We had fun making the videos but we had quite a few technical glitches along the way and a rather embarrassing 20 seconds of a view of my nostrils whilst I logged back into my laptop and a few obscenity’s under my breath but hopefully they will look past my incompetence and see some potential in my daughter. 😂🩰

@Spamcat, I remember your name from the 2019 JA feed (which I have been looking at over the past couple of days😆) I have been reading Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with my son and this quote from the book springs to mind in this situation... “However small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance was there.” 

• Like 2

If the group 2 deadline was Monday I would have thought they might have already made their decisions about group 1 otherwise surely it would be difficult to be reviewing group 1 and looking at group 2 at the same time? 

Unless they have different people doing a first round view and cut, and then the "bigwigs" look at those on the short list.

I'm trying not to think about it too much as you could drive yourself mad with all the what ifs. It's our first audition though so all very new to this! 

18 minutes ago, Alexandra84 said:

I wonder if they just watch the video once? or do they watch it more than once? 

How many people normally audition?

Depending on which platform you uploaded the video onto, you may be able to see if it’s been viewed and more detailed analytics on it. YouTube allows you to do this on their website or the YouTube studio app. As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

2 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

Is this just for London or UK-wide? And for how many spaces?

I'm not doing very well at taking my own advice and not thinking too much about it am I?! 😆

3 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

Depending on which platform you uploaded the video onto, you may be able to see if it’s been viewed and more detailed analytics on it. YouTube allows you to do this on their website or the YouTube studio app. As for numbers, they used to publish a breakdown of applications but it’s not as detailed on the most recent 2019 report. The two previous years though it was 1230 in 2018 and 1300 in 2019 (figures taken from their annual reports).

Thank you for your answer! yes, my daughters video has already been seen, just wondering if they view it again later to decide or if they just view it once and make the decision there and then. 

Interesting about the numbers, I thought it was more than that :)