RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After having 2.5 minutes of the audition watched in total, and counting ourselves out of the process, we've unbelievably had a yes!

Sorry for all the 'not yets' and fingers crossed for everyone still waiting x

Edited by BellaF
typo
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

It’s a no for dd but they’ve asked her to audition again next year, I knew she wouldn’t get in, so tough for the August babies. 
Best of luck everyone x

Sorry to hear that, my DS is a late July baby and he didn’t quite make it last year. They grow and develop so much and so quickly, that outcome could definitely change next application. Hope she doesn’t mind too much. x 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

After having 2.5 minutes of the audition watched in total, and counting ourselves out of the process, we've unbelievably had a yes!

Congratulations @BellaF!! So pleased for you! 👏👏👏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

After no more views, my DD got a SWL 🤩 She's yr4, June birthday. I'm pleased with that! Massive congratulations to those of you with a yes and commiserations to those with a no. Well done to all the young dancers in difficult circumstances this year x

That's brilliant news! Especially in such a tough year!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Sorry to hear that, my DS is a late July baby and he didn’t quite make it last year. They grow and develop so much and so quickly, that outcome could definitely change next application. Hope she doesn’t mind too much. x 

That’s promising thank you. Her teacher did say it’s harder for the children July onwards and usually they gain the places in year 5. 
Elmhurst was her aim and she achieved that, RB would have been an incredible bonus so she’ll be ok! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BellaF said:

They've not given a deadline x

Oh really? My daughter is SWL,  so hoping someone in group 3 doesn’t take up a place lol - didn’t know if they had a cut off point for responses. Mind you, I think there’s only 4 places going at Eastleigh so it’s be unlikely! X

10 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Oh really? My daughter is SWL,  so hoping someone in group 3 doesn’t take up a place lol - didn’t know if they had a cut off point for responses. Mind you, I think there’s only 4 places going at Eastleigh so it’s be unlikely! X

I'd imagine they'd chase for a response if they haven't heard after a while... super well done to your DD getting SWL, huge achievement especially given the very few places 😊

49 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

After no more views, my DD got a SWL 🤩 She's yr4, June birthday. I'm pleased with that! Massive congratulations to those of you with a yes and commiserations to those with a no. Well done to all the young dancers in difficult circumstances this year x

My DS was SWL last year. July birthday. It’s a great result, and although we felt a bit disappointed, it really spurred by DS to try again. We also know people who got a ‘no’ then a ‘yes’ the following year. 

• Like 1

Now that all the results are out, I would just like to congratulate everyone who got a yes. Fingers crossed something materialises for those on the SWL and hopefully see all the ‘no’s’ on here again next year 😂

Enjoy your classes those who start in January. It really is a very special place and you are very lucky to have been accepted into the program 😍🩰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The red shoes said:

Well done to the yeses!

@BellaF that makes me wonder if the analytics aren't actually very accurate as I'd be so surprised they would give out a yes after having watched less than 10% of the audition. So pleased for you.

11 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Well done to the yeses!

@BellaF that makes me wonder if the analytics aren't actually very accurate as I'd be so surprised they would give out a yes after having watched less than 10% of the audition. So pleased for you.

I think some children are “slam dunks” for whatever reason ... the X Factor if you like! (Mine wasn’t ... lots of watching time) 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

I think some children are “slam dunks” for whatever reason ... the X Factor if you like! (Mine wasn’t ... lots of watching time) 😊

I assume (never knowing) multiple watches, like my DS had, were a sign of comparing a large pool of similar candidates for a much smaller than usual amount of places. 

5 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I assume (never knowing) multiple watches, like my DS had, were a sign of comparing a large pool of similar candidates for a much smaller than usual amount of places. 

I would have thought that’s the case for most children and most spaces but I suspect there are a small handful that are definitely a yes for the first moment they see them!? 

7 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

This is what I thought. Instant yes and no’s then second viewing to compare the maybes. 
Big congratulations to all the yes’s x

1 hour ago, Millicent said:

Well done to the yeses!

Could well be the case - YouTube Studio showed all 3 videos viewed briefly the day after submission, then video 1 for less than a minute last week which does seem strange. 

One thing that is clear is that you really can't read into the number of (estimated) views - judging from here there is no pattern!

Edited by BellaF
typo
  • Like 1

To all the SWLs/not yets

I can still feel, reading this thread, the mixed emotions of a SWL offer for a year 4 place for DS.  Especially when the only other boy in his school got a place.

My tiny August born son is now rehearsing Rothbart and the Rat King - he may not get to dance Rothbart as he is only(!) 6 foot tall, about the same height as the ballerina dancing Odette. But my point is, you are at the beginning of a long and exciting journey.   At times you may  not  be  tall enough, or too tall, or too flexible (he was!) or not flexible enough (he is now!).

Ballet is a harsh task master.  Be kind to yourself and your children.  Cherish good health and good memories made along the way.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Now that all the results are out, I would just like to congratulate everyone who got a yes. Fingers crossed something materialises for those on the SWL and hopefully see all the ‘no’s’ on here again next year 😂

Enjoy your classes those who start in January. It really is a very special place and you are very lucky to have been accepted into the program 😍🩰

Thank you so much for your lovely message! 😍🩰🙏 xx

• Like 1