Jump to content

RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Luna said:

My dd got a no again this year, she was ok about it thankfully. Also a bit disappointed with the whole process as £50 is fine for the proper audition as it is a great experience but not great to film it yourself and barely have the videos looked at. Not many (if any?) yr 5 places being offered, I wonder if with it being only 2 terms they are favouring the yr 4's?  

 

Congratulations to the yeses and the swl's and commiserations to the not yet, the main thing is that they all keep loving their dancing ❤ 

I can't think of any year 5 yeses I've seen?? My DDs birthday is right at the end of August so if she'd been born a few days later she would be a year 4. She was only 7 at her audition last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi... don’t know if this helps but my dd birthday is 31 August.. got no for yr 4..swl for year 5 ... yes for yr 6 and this was my concern too at the time & their feedback was they do take age into account  .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Hi... don’t know if this helps but my dd birthday is 31 August.. got no for yr 4..swl for year 5 ... yes for yr 6 and this was my concern too at the time & their feedback was they do take age into account  .

That is good to know thank you! Well if they are not taking many year 5s this year we can try again for yr 6 very soon. I really hope the auditions are in person next time. 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

It looks like Year 4 & 5 will be video auditions next year too for the huge price of £65 :( or am I misreading their website?!

I don’t read it like that ... I think they are saying for vocational school they will see Yr 7 and Yr 12 in person (as dates are approaching soon) but that JAs are currently planned to be in person but dates showing as tbc ... suspect it will depend on what happens over the next few months 🤷🏻‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites

When are Group 3 expected to get their results? Tbh I’m not expecting DD to get in as it’s the first time round and she was unwell for the audition so was certainly not at her best! Well done to the few yes’ I’ve seen, and don’t be disheartened to the No’s!! X

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome :) I think it was a month after the end date.  We are group 3.  I don't think my dad will get in either.  It was very hard to hear and see 🙈.  I also don't think she has the turnout.

 

She enjoyed it though just a shame it wasn't f2f as would have been a great experience.  Good luck to your dad and hope she is better now 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting better now thanks, we literally had to leave it to the last day as she had a chest infection which didn’t clear 🤷🏻‍♀️
 

She’s already started and is enjoying ballet boost, so if she doesn’t get in we won’t be disappointed. Is it Eastleigh you’v

16 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

Welcome :) I think it was a month after the end date.  We are group 3.  I don't think my dad will get in either.  It was very hard to hear and see 🙈.  I also don't think she has the turnout.

 

She enjoyed it though just a shame it wasn't f2f as would have been a great experience.  Good luck to your dad and hope she is better now 🤞

e gone for?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Totnes.  We had to leave it to the day before.  The e mail went into my junk mail 😬.  It took until just before the cut off to upload so none of us used WiFi 🤪.  So was an experience :)

Edited by Ballerinamum
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re group 4, haven’t had our videos watched yet. My dd the youngest in her school year, after reading comments it doesn’t leave me feeling very hopeful. I hope they don’t keep us waiting too long. 
Well done to the dancers that received a yes, best of luck to swl & don’t give up to the no’s!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just testing our set up before filming tomorrow - to those who used a laptop linked up to a screen did the very slight time delay pose any issues? 

 

Well done to all who have had their results so far. Such a strange time to be auditioning and sounds like there are fewer places than usual so everyone has done brilliantly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BellaF said:

Just testing our set up before filming tomorrow - to those who used a laptop linked up to a screen did the very slight time delay pose any issues? 

 

Well done to all who have had their results so far. Such a strange time to be auditioning and sounds like there are fewer places than usual so everyone has done brilliantly!

We linked the laptop to a TV in the end and didn't notice a time delay. Also with the TV on max volume we could hear it ok.

When I first tried setting it up I just used the laptop with a Bluetooth speaker and the sound was so quiet with a lag of 2-3 seconds!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

We linked the laptop to a TV in the end and didn't notice a time delay. Also with the TV on max volume we could hear it ok.

When I first tried setting it up I just used the laptop with a Bluetooth speaker and the sound was so quiet with a lag of 2-3 seconds!

Oh it wasn't anywhere near as bad as 2-3 seconds! Will go with that then thanks 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the reminder email. When we submitted we did not get a confirmation of receipt, it just took us to a page saying something like 'thank you for getting in touch'. I'm worrying they haven't received our videos. Did others get a confirmation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Just had the reminder email. When we submitted we did not get a confirmation of receipt, it just took us to a page saying something like 'thank you for getting in touch'. I'm worrying they haven't received our videos. Did others get a confirmation?

Yes, don't worry, everyone gets the reminder! I worried at first too 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Filmed ours this morning... so hard not to scream at DD to stretch her feet and tuck her bum in!

 

Not holding our much hope... judging by the exercises I don't think RBS is for her 😂

 

Good luck to everyone 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about last minute. We filmed the audition this afternoon and I have just pressed ‘submit’ on the application. In my head, we live on a quiet street and there would be minimal distractions. But according to the video, we had, right outside the living room window where we were filming (in no particular order, and not limited to) an ambulance, Ocado deliveries, barking dogs, passers by stop literally outside our window to join other in having a chat, someone bouncing a football very loudly, boy racers... 

 

It felt like the equivalent of having a real life audition and letting a pack of wolves into the room. How my DS managed to concentrate and try and block out all that distraction is beyond me. Whatever the outcome, I think all the DC’s must have done an incredible job dealing with and overcoming the most challenging and unconventional of circumstances! The reality of this kind of audition seems much more challenging than it sounds.
 

Best of luck to all the DCs, their parents/family/guardians/friends and dance teachers that champion them on! 
 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 13:03, BellaF said:

Filmed ours this morning... so hard not to scream at DD to stretch her feet and tuck her bum in!

 

Not holding our much hope... judging by the exercises I don't think RBS is for her 😂

 

Good luck to everyone 

Sounds familiar! Good luck 🤞🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our daughter was a yes for London YR4. Good luck to the other children who are still waiting for their results and well done  to everyone else. The video audition was certainly an experience!  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MissP said:

Our daughter was a yes for London YR4. Good luck to the other children who are still waiting for their results and well done  to everyone else. The video audition was certainly an experience!  

Well done to your daughter! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Congratulations to your daughter! Was London group 3? 
Deadline for group 4 today I believe, anybody know when we should roughly expect results .. 

I think they said that they ‘aim’ to give results back within a month. I don’t know if that’s a full calendar month or roughly 4 weeks. So I guess that’s at the very earliest Friday 13th November, or some time the following week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...