RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, SarahG1881 said:

Any group 4 on here? 
We filmed and uploaded today. Dd really enjoyed it. 

Yes we are group 4, filmed it on Saturday and it took nearly all day Sunday just to upload the first video to YouTube so still need to upload the other 2. My DD really enjoyed it too.

Good luck.

Out of interest, the teacher on our audition videos was from Birmingham which is where we are applying. Did each centre have different videos with their own teachers or did everyone have the Birmingham teacher?

49 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Out of interest, the teacher on our audition videos was from Birmingham which is where we are applying. Did each centre have different videos with their own teachers or did everyone have the Birmingham teacher?

Everyone had the same audition video. The teacher seemed nice 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I really do hope we hear back this week. Then we can have a few months off before the whole process starts again. 
Are you Group 2 @Missdancemum? We are and have applied for Leeds Centre. 

Yes Group 2 too, applied for Dundee. Fingers crossed we hear soon. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear. 

4 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Yes we are group 4, filmed it on Saturday and it took nearly all day Sunday just to upload the first video to YouTube so still need to upload the other 2. My DD really enjoyed it too.

Good luck.

We weren't able to use any wifi and took a day to upload.  Will know if have to do it again in the future.

17 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

We weren't able to use any wifi and took a day to upload.  Will know if have to do it again in the future.

I'm so glad I didn't leave it until the last minute! 😱 Uploaded number 2 overnight and currently still uploading the third video.

11 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I'm so glad I didn't leave it until the last minute! 😱 Uploaded number 2 overnight and currently still uploading the third video.

Wow!!! All 3 of mine took about 20 minutes in total to upload onto YouTube via iPad.

It is our Internet, it is terrible! We live up a hill in the middle of nowhere. 😂 Mine are going from my laptop to YouTube.

I was so nervous the audition video wouldn't stream properly with our dodgy Internet but thankfully it was ok.

Group 4 and just uploading the videos now .... as others have said I am so grateful I didn’t leave it to the last minute ... it’s taking ages! 
My DD thoroughly enjoyed the 3 mini classes so if nothing else, it’s been a positive experience (a “no” last year so not expecting much different however last year she was petrified and this year she enjoyed it .... so considering that progress!) 😁

Good Luck everyone! 

• Like 1

I feel a bit annoyed that so little of her videos were viewed. I know they would skip to the bits they needed to see but her first video was only watched for 2 mins, second for 1 and third for 3. I honestly thought they would look at a little more than that. Makes me feel quite so disheartened that they must have not liked what they saw straight away!

We received a no for our DD Year 4 Leeds. She was very upset but she started Ballet Boost in September so she has that to be proud of. They have suggested she tries again next year. Is that a standard email? The competition is fierce and there are so many talented dancers out there. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dancemum100 said:

I feel a bit annoyed that so little of her videos were viewed. I know they would skip to the bits they needed to see but her first video was only watched for 2 mins, second for 1 and third for 3. I honestly thought they would look at a little more than that. Makes me feel quite so disheartened that they must have not liked what they saw straight away!

Our videos were watched thoroughly and we still got a no. I think there are so little spaces and so many applicants, you have to have something that extra special to stand out. Hopefully it won’t put you or your DC off having another try.