RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Yes we are group 4, filmed it on Saturday and it took nearly all day Sunday just to upload the first video to YouTube so still need to upload the other 2. My DD really enjoyed it too.

Good luck.

We weren't able to use any wifi and took a day to upload.  Will know if have to do it again in the future.

17 minutes ago, Ballerinamum said:

We weren't able to use any wifi and took a day to upload.  Will know if have to do it again in the future.

I'm so glad I didn't leave it until the last minute! 😱 Uploaded number 2 overnight and currently still uploading the third video.

It is our Internet, it is terrible! We live up a hill in the middle of nowhere. 😂 Mine are going from my laptop to YouTube.

I was so nervous the audition video wouldn't stream properly with our dodgy Internet but thankfully it was ok.

Group 4 and just uploading the videos now .... as others have said I am so grateful I didn’t leave it to the last minute ... it’s taking ages! 
My DD thoroughly enjoyed the 3 mini classes so if nothing else, it’s been a positive experience (a “no” last year so not expecting much different however last year she was petrified and this year she enjoyed it .... so considering that progress!) 😁

Good Luck everyone! 

• Like 1

I feel a bit annoyed that so little of her videos were viewed. I know they would skip to the bits they needed to see but her first video was only watched for 2 mins, second for 1 and third for 3. I honestly thought they would look at a little more than that. Makes me feel quite so disheartened that they must have not liked what they saw straight away!

We received a no for our DD Year 4 Leeds. She was very upset but she started Ballet Boost in September so she has that to be proud of. They have suggested she tries again next year. Is that a standard email? The competition is fierce and there are so many talented dancers out there. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dancemum100 said:

I feel a bit annoyed that so little of her videos were viewed. I know they would skip to the bits they needed to see but her first video was only watched for 2 mins, second for 1 and third for 3. I honestly thought they would look at a little more than that. Makes me feel quite so disheartened that they must have not liked what they saw straight away!

Our videos were watched thoroughly and we still got a no. I think there are so little spaces and so many applicants, you have to have something that extra special to stand out. Hopefully it won’t put you or your DC off having another try. 

Sorry to all of the Nos. 😢 It really does seem like there are very few places this year. Last year on this forum when results came out there were quite a few yeses. Am I right that there has only been one yes on here so far?! At least we can have realistic expectations that it is almost definitely going to be a no.

@tutugirl I haven't seen any this year but there were a few yr4 yeses last year but they seemed to be kids older in the school year, the one I know was October born yr4. My DD applied for yr4 last year as a tiny August born and got a no. We were feeling hopeful this year as she has come on so much but I realise the chance is almost zero.

Just now, In at the deep end said:

I imagine class sizes will have been reduced this year due to Covid? That must be why they are sending out some emails asking people to apply again next year.......

Yes and as applications usually open in January, we won't have to wait long until they start all over again! 😁

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe is saw two ‘yes’ but I’m not sure if they were both Y4, or one Y4 and one Y5. I must admit that I personally feel very cynical this year. The dreaded ‘C-word’ of Covid will surely mean that class sizes must be kept very small? My July born DS auditioned for Y4 London last year and was given SWL. I was told that they give relatively few Y4 places to give opportunity for new Y5 student to join/expand the group when Y4s ‘rise’ to Y5. But the pressure to keep class sizes small makes me wonder if there will be any Y5 places this year at all! I hope I’m wrong, but I have a cynical feeling people are auditioning for places that don’t actually exist, at best getting SWL. 

• Like 1

Just now, BalletBoysDad said:

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe is saw two ‘yes’ but I’m not sure if they were both Y4, or one Y4 and one Y5. I must admit that I personally feel very cynical this year. The dreaded ‘C-word’ of Covid will surely mean that class sizes must be kept very small? My July born DS auditioned for Y4 London last year and was given SWL. I was told that they give relatively few Y4 places to give opportunity for new Y5 student to join/expand the group when Y4s ‘rise’ to Y5. But the pressure to keep class sizes small makes me wonder if there will be any Y5 places this year at all! I hope I’m wrong, but I have a cynical feeling people are auditioning for places that don’t actually exist, at best getting SWL. 

Having seen all the children not being accepted on here, I had the same thought - they must have a limit as to how many children they can safely have in their studios and it’s almost certainly going to be a smaller number than previously! Certainly at my daughter’s dance school we had to book spaces on the classes we wanted because spaces were more limited. It’s a pity, but sadly it’s the world we live in at the moment!   

It really does seem like all they are giving out is no and swl. Do you think they are taking hardly any and just keeping lots on a waiting list incase covid rules change and the class can be expanded? 🤔 Just a thought!