RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also got our expected no! Did everyone with a no have this paragraph in their e-mail? 

“And though we are unfortunately unable to offer (name) a place this year, we felt they worked well with the class provided and would be interested in seeing them next year after another year with their current teacher.”

Edited by PurplePirouette
-
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

We got on to a short wait list apparently which is a massive shock. 
Sorry for all the no’s xxxxx 

That is great to have swl! Means a longer wait though.

Sounds like they did nos first then swl, so we should get some yeses soon! 🤞

Just now, PurplePirouette said:

We also got our expected no! Did everyone with a no email have this paragraph? 

“And though we are unfortunately unable to offer (name) a place this year, we felt they worked well with the class provided and would be interested in seeing them next year after another year with their current teacher.”

We did but our friend didn’t. So not all bad news!

Really sorry to hear of your no’s. I am sure your DC’s are all amazing little dancers and it’s just a ‘not now’ rather than a ‘no’.  Congratulations to the SWL’s. There is still hope. 
Good luck to those still waiting to hear 🩰🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, RachH said:

We got a comment about please try next year for Mids/White Lodge (my daughter is 8/yr 4) so a typo there!

We got the same and my daughter also 8/yr4.

Edited by Sass22

We got a short waiting list - not really sure what this means? Only if someone drops out I assume? Is it still good? Thinking of everyone with the no’s - the wait is over but it’s not the end, on the beginning for the lovely little ones x

• Like 3

Got a yes for my DD. Still in shock! The email was about an hour ago so they may be doing them all at the same/similar times. 

Sorry for the no's, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Edited by Millicent
typo
  • Like 6
4 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Got a yes for my DD. Still in shock! The email was about an hour ago so they may be doing them all at the same/similar times. 

Sorry for the noise, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations 💗🎉

7 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Sorry for the noise, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations!!! 🤩

16 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Sorry for the no's, but as I kept telling my DD it will soon be time to apply for next year already! 

Congratulations, you must be thrilled 😁 

18 minutes ago, Millicent said:

@MillicentAbsolutely thrilled for you and your dd, what gorgeous news! Worth the looong wait!lol x

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Amazing! Have you been told when the start date is? Just interested as I guess term would have started by now pre-COVID? Aw now the wait for group 2 😬

12 minutes ago, Ballet_mum3 said:

Amazing! Have you been told when the start date is? Just interested as I guess term would have started by now pre-COVID? Aw now the wait for group 2 😬

Well done everyone. My daughter got accepted into year 6 in bath from the swl so it does happen! Also to everyone who got a no, my dd got a straight no in year 4 and got in off swl this year so keep trying! In the two years between, she did English youth Ballet and also improved her flexibility so things can change x 

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, Millicent said:

So excited for you and your DD. Huge congratulations 🥳 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. It was just a very short email saying "we would like to offer (name) a place on the Associates programme in London, for entry in January 2020".

Must be a typo and they meant Jan 2021! 

I have emailed to confirm we will accept the place so hopefully there will be more information about days/times soon. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Beauballetshoes said:

We got a short waiting list - not really sure what this means? Only if someone drops out I assume? Is it still good? Thinking of everyone with the no’s - the wait is over but it’s not the end, on the beginning for the lovely little ones x

My DS got SWL for London Y4 last year, but unfortunately it didn’t materialise into a place as no one dropped out. BUT, I’m assured it means your child stood out, and there aren’t enough places to accommodate all. My DS was tiny last year and he’s grown so much in a year, also as a dancer. It’s a really positive achievement even if it doesn’t materialise into a place. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

My DS got SWL for London Y4 last year, but unfortunately it didn’t materialise into a place as no one dropped out. BUT, I’m assured it means your child stood out, and there aren’t enough places to accommodate all. My DS was tiny last year and he’s grown so much in a year, also as a dancer. It’s a really positive achievement even if it doesn’t materialise into a place. 

thank you! yes Its a positive sign and i'll tell her its something to be proud of! shame it wasn't the live audition as i know she'd have enjoyed the experience far more but fingers crossed for next year!