RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that just the 1 yes from Group 1?! šŸ˜² Sounds like it is harder than ever to get in this year. Amazing resultĀ @Millicent!!

We are group 4 so not even done the video yet.

Did anyone else have sound issues on the video? I checked it yesterday and can hardly hear it.

Hi yes we did.Ā  I used a Chromebook and it was very quiet.Ā  Couldn't do the video where we have the big TV as wouldn't have been the correct flooring.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's not ideal but you can hear them.Ā  Much easier to follow a zoom class but imagine that would have been very difficult for them to arrange.

Ā 

Good luck for the audition :)

• Like 1

@BallerinamumĀ thanks. šŸ™‚ I agonised over whether to watch some of it first (obviously I will not let my DD see it), in the end I decided to test it as I know how many problems I have with technology! We have ordered some plug in speakers as it is so quiet on the laptop. Our TV is also in an unsuitable place.

2 hours ago, Spamcat said:

@BallerinamumĀ thanks. šŸ™‚ I agonised over whether to watch some of it first (obviously I will not let my DD see it), in the end I decided to test it as I know how many problems I have with technology! We have ordered some plug in speakers as it is so quiet on the laptop. Our TV is also in an unsuitable place.

Hope it goes well :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spamcat said:

So is that just the 1 yes from Group 1?! šŸ˜² Sounds like it is harder than ever to get in this year. Amazing resultĀ @Millicent!!

Did anyone else have sound issues on the video? I checked it yesterday and can hardly hear it.

Yes we thought it was extremely quiet too. We used a Chromebook and could only just hear what the teacher was saying!Ā 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 10:02, Ballet_mum3 said:

They may have just skipped to the parts they are interested in?Ā  There was a lot of standing and listening to instructions also. I am not sure they could watch every candidates 30 min video in full and get through them all? We are group 2 too, good luck!

Yes I knew they'd just watch certain bits of the recordings, some more than others depending on if they like what they see, and as you say skip through instructions etc šŸ™‚

Ā 

Now grp 1 are back - congrats to the yes children and commiserations to the not this times, its been a long process šŸ˜” hopefully they'll move through the remaining groups efficiently over the coming weeks.Ā 

Ā 

Good luck to everyone else!Ā 

22 hours ago, Spamcat said:

I played the audition video through the laptop, but plugged this into the TV via a cable so DD could watch a big screen. Sound not too bad. Then lost connection between the two, had a nightmare šŸ™ˆ then played the link directly via YouTube app on the smart TV. The last option worked the best; no lag and good sound šŸ‘ŒĀ 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 17:05, BillyElliot1 said:

Congratulations! šŸ˜ŠšŸ’•šŸ‘

Good luck to all the group 2s anxiously waiting. Our videos were watched for the first time on Tuesday night (about 12 mins in total) and they looked at all three. Now the wait....

2 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

I played the audition video through the laptop, but plugged this into the TV via a cable so DD could watch a big screen. Sound not too bad. Then lost connection between the two, had a nightmare šŸ™ˆ then played the link directly via YouTube app on the smart TV. The last option worked the best; no lag and good sound šŸ‘ŒĀ 

Thanks that is really helpful. I am thinking I may borrow a TV and do that using our firestick. Me and technology just don't mix!

Did you start again or did you send it in with the interruptions on the video? I just know something is going to go wrong, our Internet is so bad! šŸ™ˆ

5 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

@SpamcatI sent the 3x videos asĀ 3Ā separate links (took AGES to upload!) The connection disappeared after I stopped the 1st video, so the actual filming of each part was OK and the assessors won't have seen/heard me stressing!!Ā 

Oh that is good, I thought you meant it stopped half way through a video, that would be a nightmare! šŸ˜¬

There are three separate sections to watch and so three separate videos to record on your phone. I think the longest was maybe 12 minutes? But I started filming as soon as I pressed play on the YouTube video so the first phone video has my daughter standing patiently listening for probably 3/4 minutes at the beginning.Ā 

Ā 

My honest advice would be not to stress about it too much. Hard I know! I kept rewatching my DD's videos on my phone after we'd submitted them and noticing all of the bits where she made mistakes/could have done better and getting stressed about how she didn't show herself at her best. But in the end none of that mattered and she got a place.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, The red shoes said:

So do you send three separate files or film it continuously?Ā 

Someone mentioned they did it in one go.Ā  Depends what is easiest for you.Ā  A warning it does take a long time to upload.Ā  Good luck :)

23 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Thanks that is really helpful. I am thinking I may borrow a TV and do that using our firestick. Me and technology just don't mix!

Did you start again or did you send it in with the interruptions on the video? I just know something is going to go wrong, our Internet is so bad! šŸ™ˆ

Ā 

11 hours ago, SarahG1881 said:

Any group 4 on here?Ā 
We filmed and uploaded today. Dd really enjoyed it.Ā 

Yes we are group 4, filmed it on Saturday and it took nearly all day Sunday just to upload the first video to YouTube so still need to upload the other 2. My DD really enjoyed it too.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I really do hope we hear back this week. Then we can have a few months off before the whole process starts again.Ā 
Are you Group 2 @Missdancemum? We are and have applied for Leeds Centre.Ā 

Yes Group 2 too,Ā appliedĀ for Dundee. Fingers crossed we hear soon. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear.Ā