RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Thank you @The red shoes and @Spamcat that's useful information. That sounds like a wonderful day out!! (Those were the days......)

I was told children are never normally allowed to change their audition, we were only allowed because I asked before Group 3 (Bath) or Group 4 (Birmingham) had been submitted. It was a one off, I was lucky 😉 It probably makes no difference, as JA places are even harder to get this year! But it made no sense to apply for somewhere we couldn't go. 

We're Purple group, 08.45 in Elmhurst 😊

Are you Year 4? 😁

1 minute ago, In at the deep end said:

Yes 😊

Cool, we are Year 5 and also at Elmhurst but a little later in the morning!

Both Birmingham JA teachers are lovely - we did the insight day and my DD has Miss Murphy (from the audition video) for Swan Lake Dreams and she adored her! 
Good luck!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

For those of you who do Elmhurst, how far do you travel for it? Is it only in Birmingham and only for more local children?

We are only 40 minutes away but we were 2 hrs away when we applied and would have travelled for the sessions had we not moved 😁

14 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

Cool, we are Year 5 and also at Elmhurst but a little later in the morning!

Both Birmingham JA teachers are lovely - we did the insight day and my DD has Miss Murphy (from the audition video) for Swan Lake Dreams and she adored her! 
Good luck!!

What is swan lake dreams?

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Takes us just over 2 hours. Not so bad now the class starts at 10.30 but was a killer last year when we did the 8.45 class! 😴

Does your child cope with the travelling & then the class ok? I was worried Elmhurst would be a bit too far with all the travelling - we’re just over 2hrs away too. 

4 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Does your child cope with the travelling & then the class ok? I was worried Elmhurst would be a bit too far with all the travelling - we’re just over 2hrs away too. 

Yes I take my DD and her friend (a boy) who also goes there and they have fun in the car, we always stop for a drink/loo half way and it is fine. You think she'd be tired afterwards too but she is always buzzing when she gets home!

3 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

It was a performance with BRB in Feb of this year at the Hippodrome - it was a fantastic experience! The children rehearsed for 4 months ... my DD absolutely loved it! 

Do they audition for it ( swan lake dreams)? I always wonder whether DDs can be spotted at associates for other things or if they need to go to auditions. I wonder why part 2 of audition isn’t being looked at as much? I can’t even remember what was in that part now? 

8 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

It was a performance with BRB in Feb of this year at the Hippodrome - it was a fantastic experience! The children rehearsed for 4 months ... my DD absolutely loved it! 

That sounds amazing! How did she get into that? Was it an audition thing? DD said your DD had been telling her about competitions aswell. We've never done anything like that, she only goes to a small village ballet school.

Just now, Isabella said:

Do they audition for it ( swan lake dreams)? I always wonder whether DDs can be spotted at associates for other things or if they need to go to auditions. I wonder why part 2 of audition isn’t being looked at as much? I can’t even remember what was in that part now? 

Yes there were auditions and then call backs, my DD was the youngest one in the production and only one of two in her school year ... almost all other children were already JAs. This was BRB affiliated rather than RB so not sure it could or would open any doors JA wise! It was a fabulous experience though!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

That sounds amazing! How did she get into that? Was it an audition thing? DD said your DD had been telling her about competitions aswell. We've never done anything like that, she only goes to a small village ballet school.

Yes DD has done quite a few festivals and comps but with moving house we have also moved dance schools and won’t be doing those anymore which is a little bit of a shame as she enjoyed them and last year did All England National Finals which was a wonderful experience! New school is also very small so a bit different for her but she is enjoying it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Candycakes82 said:

Yes there were auditions and then call backs, my DD was the youngest one in the production and only one of two in her school year ... almost all other children were already JAs. This was BRB affiliated rather than RB so not sure it could or would open any doors JA wise! It was a fabulous experience though!!

That's amazing! What an opportunity. I'm sure it will help, to have been seen and liked by the JA teacher!

I understand most festivals etc clash with associate classes too so difficult to do.

On 06/08/2020 at 20:48, RachH said:

Hello! My 8 year old is auditioning for London (group 1), we also have Eastleigh down as an option. Will be great to share tips and experiences on here. :)

Thant would be awesome hey..we would love to see those shared tips