RBS JA YEAR 4&5 Video Audition 2020

Balletbuds80

1 hour ago, PurplePirouette said:

Yes, although they usually give themselves longer than it takes, for example they say for the “real life” auditions that you can expect to hear by the end of June/early July but last year all of the results had been received by 21st June and some as early as 9th I think it was. London will be the largest individual location, although I’d have thought all of year 6 would have been more? I think the hardest part is that there will be so many strong candidates for London that they may want to offer the second choice centre to, but without having seen the other groups they won’t get know what the standard is across the board so it would be difficult to do that until having seen all of the groups. Perhaps we will still be sitting here waiting in November🤣

If they move you to a different centre it seems to be done via SWL, then a phonecall coming through very quickly (days later) offering the alternative centre. Good luck everyone!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the email notifying us it was to be a video audition, I interpreted that as it was our first choice centres only and they weren’t even going to look at second choice as it says our centre choices can’t be changed. Has anyone else thought the same? 

Because of the sheer volume of videos we will therefore have to assess, we are going to break the process down based on your first choice centre. Your centre choices can no longer be changed.

1 hour ago, RachH said:

We've just booked my daughter and her friend onto the Tring summer residential for next year - looks great and comes highly recommended from another parent who's daughter has just started fulltime at Elmhurst.

@RachH is that the course from 1st - 5th August with different styles of dance? I was looking at the website earlier thinking that sounded good and wondering whether to go with that one or the Rad London one.

(Sorry off topic!)

Good luck to everyone waiting for results 🤞🤞

6 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

@RachH is that the course from 1st - 5th August with different styles of dance? I was looking at the website earlier thinking that sounded good and wondering whether to go with that one or the Rad London one.

(Sorry off topic!)

Good luck to everyone waiting for results 🤞🤞

It's this one on 15th-19th (lots of different types of dance): https://www.tringpark.com/associated-courses/summer-dance-course-2-2020

We're also looking at her auditioning for Paris (POB) summer school as we have friends there we could stay with - but not holding out much hope - I think is as hard as RBS to get into! Maybe RAD earlier on in the summer as an alternative - she was down to do that this year.

My daughter was supposed to be doing EYB Swan Lake this summer but it got postponed to next July - so there will be lots on if hopefully it all goes ahead!

• Like 1

Just now, RachH said:

It's this one on 15th-19th (lots of different types of dance): https://www.tringpark.com/associated-courses/summer-dance-course-2-2020

We're also looking at her auditioning for Paris (POB) summer school as we have friends there we could stay with - but not holding out much hope - I think is as hard as RBS to get into! Maybe RAD earlier on in the summer as an alternative - she was down to do that this year.

My daughter was supposed to be doing EYB Swan Lake this summer but it got postponed to next July - so there will be lots on if hopefully it all goes ahead!

Thanks for all the info, I only just discovered EYB but it looks like there will be no auditions for a long time as they are doing all the postponed classes this year. Fingers crossed this all goes ahead with all these new lockdowns. My DD started back at Elmhurst last week after 6 months break. I think I will book Tring, it sounds great to try all the different styles of dance. I see they have the two dates for the same course and also one in Easter.

Paris sounds amazing!

32 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

On the email notifying us it was to be a video audition, I interpreted that as it was our first choice centres only and they weren’t even going to look at second choice as it says our centre choices can’t be changed. Has anyone else thought the same? 

Because of the sheer volume of videos we will therefore have to assess, we are going to break the process down based on your first choice centre. Your centre choices can no longer be changed.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but I thought when I submitted the videos the form asked for first and second choice again? But I might be misremembering as I was stressed about all the techy bits! 

7 minutes ago, Millicent said:

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but I thought when I submitted the videos the form asked for first and second choice again? But I might be misremembering as I was stressed about all the techy bits! 

Ha yes you are right. It did. It’s probably just me interpreting it incorrectly! 

5 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Hi. We’re group 4 so no info yet but is a lot of space needed for the improv section or are they to do it on knees/on the spot? 
thinking ahead for the best place to film

It’s on their knees so not much room needed :)

We’re group 2 and submitted videos nearly 2 weeks ago. I can see our videos were watched shortly after submission but not heard anything yet. I was also under the impression this year was going by 1st choice centre, but could have picked that up wrong! Hope everyone hears soon & don’t have too much longer to wait. 🤞

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

i watched my daughters videos back last night and didnt realise how loud i was when i was 'whispering' "move back" (as her feet went oout of shot, then..."move forwards move forwards" as she almost sauted into the sofa ... lets hope they didnt watch with the volume up loud 😂

🤣🤣 You can hear me coughing and moving around in ours. I'm sure they understand x

Edited by BalletMum89

I was randomly thinking today, especially for group 4 children (like my DS) who haven’t even had the audition link yet, that regardless wether if it’s a ‘no/not yet/SWL’, by the time we receive the results, it will almost be Christmas and then the whole audition process starts again in the 2021 spring term. I imagine Y6 applications will probably open in February and close in March which feels oddly not that long away! Talk about time flying by..... 

Just now, Balletbuds80 said:

Fingers crossed it’s today for you all 🩰

12 hours ago, RachH said:

So group 1, should be this week...

Anyone think it will be tomorrow?

However keen I am find out one way or another, there is something nice about this time of not having had a no yet! Anyone else?

Fingers crossed indeed. 

@RachHI think I was more in the camp of waiting is fine.... but now I know it’s supposed to be imminent I’m too expectant and I’d prefer to just no rather than wonder if it’s THE email every time me email goes.... fingers crossed we hear soon no matter the outcome. And good luck to all you little ones 

Just now, Balletbuds80 said:

Interesting to learn some Group 2’s are being viewed a second time when not all Group 2’s have been viewed a first time? 
Do you think it would be worth emailing closer to our deadline if still no views? I am worried in case our links have not worked.

I understand from the year 6 chat that if the RBS couldn’t access a video they were contacting parents directly to resolve the issue.

The auditions team were lovely when I emailed them to ask when we might hear the results, so I’m sure it would be fine for you to email to check. If anyone else wants to ask them again about group 1 results then do let me know what they say!

I submitted my daughter’s videos a few days before the closing date but they weren’t viewed until a few days after, 

Good luck!

9 minutes ago, RachH said:

I understand from the year 6 chat that if the RBS couldn’t access a video they were contacting parents directly to resolve the issue.

The auditions team were lovely when I emailed them to ask when we might hear the results, so I’m sure it would be fine for you to email to check. If anyone else wants to ask them again about group 1 results then do let me know what they say!

I submitted my daughter’s videos a few days before the closing date but they weren’t viewed until a few days after, 

Good luck!

Maybe it’s 1 Centre being looked at first within the Group