How can a boy do that?

olver3501

Hello :)

How can I (I'm a man) do a stretch like that? I have seen some pictures of boys doing that, but I wonder where they put their balls and (I think you know, what I mean 😉). I tried it, but it wasn't comfy.

Have you got any tricks or tips for me?

Thank you

tumblr_okve6wDv2k1qcqvkho4_250.jpg

I think the trick is starting young! As you get older you do lose flexibility and it’s much harder to stretch like this. My DS does but he has been attending class since he was 8. (He’s 13 now) 

Good supportive underwear and dance belt will help with your quest and don’t over stretch. In ballet it’s more about strength for the boys, so they can do all the lifting of the ladies. Think strength with grace. Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrsMoo2 said:

In ballet it’s more about strength for the boys, so they can do all the lifting of the ladies

Very wise advice - effective stretching actually makes many many tiny tears in the muscles. The idea is that as those tears heal, the muscles heals lengthened. This is why extreme stretching to increase flexibility shouldn't be done between barre & centre, but at the end of the day's dancing.

I've also read sports physiotherapists advise that it's flexibility that is key, but mobility. That is, functional flexibility. It's all very well doing the splits on the floor, but can you get the leg high in a step or combination, when the choreography requires it? That's the difference between flexibility (splits, for example) and mobility (penché, for example)

Edited by Kate_N
  • Like 3

Is it just me that feels this is a slightly unusual question by a relatively new member of the forum? I apologise if I’m off the mark but it seems a little bit inappropriate. Perhaps I am a little over sensitive/paranoid but I have seen many dodgy questions asked on dance costume selling sites and the tone of this post seems off to me. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Is it just me that feels this is a slightly unusual question by a relatively new member of the forum? I apologise if I’m off the mark but it seems a little bit inappropriate. Perhaps I am a little over sensitive/paranoid but I have seen many dodgy questions asked on dance costume selling sites and the tone of this post seems off to me. 

Rest assured Bunny that the Mods keep an eye on all posts.  The original post does not breach AUP and has sparked some interesting and useful responses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

No, you're not the only one 🙂

No, you're not the only one - which is partly why I answered in a straightforward common-sense way. If someone gets their kicks from posting hoping to elicit responses to feed their fetish, then a straightforward professional answer can sometimes short circuit that. 

• Like 4

Thanks guys. I suppose my fear was that it may have been an attempt to encourage people to post photographs of their sons in the position iykwim, or people may have felt that they were being helpful by posting photographs of their sons. The OP’s posting history seems a bit questionable as well, lots of topics about whether boys can/should do things ‘for girls’ and extreme stretching/positions, and they never seem to come back and reply to the threads they start which also makes me query whether this poster is genuine or possibly getting a bit of a kick from these sorts of threads.

• Like 3

I’ve had a few ‘strange’ enquiries over the years for classes and you can never be sure if they are genuine or not! But it’s a bit strange that whilst we are discussing his question, he hasn’t replied!

Bunny - you beat me to it I was replying at same time 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

I’ve had a few ‘strange’ enquiries over the years for classes and you can never be sure if they are genuine or not! But it’s a bit strange that whilst we are discussing his question, he hasn’t replied!

Bunny - you beat me to it I was replying at same time 🤣

Goodness me, I can well imagine! Yes, this is my feeling also! I think safeguarding in dancing is so important too and can definitely attract some unsavoury individuals just due to the nature of it so it’s always good to be on the look out for anything that doesn’t quite sit right! 

• Like 1

Two points:

1). If you have an issue with a post or topic then hit the report button.

2).  When you respond to a post you bring it back to the "top of the pile" when otherwise it may just slip down the topic list and disappear into the mists of time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Two points:

1). If you have an issue with a post or topic then hit the report button.

2).  When you respond to a post you bring it back to the "top of the pile" when otherwise it may just slip down the topic list and disappear into the mists of time.

I wasn’t aware there was a report button so thank you for pointing this out. 

I feel that perhaps drawing attention to something like this could dissuade people from posting again if their intentions weren’t exactly honourable , whereas ignoring the post could mean that they try again.

I find this forum really valuable and am exceptionally fond of it and I just don’t like the thought that there could be this sort of poster freely active, hence why I brought the issue up, but I have said my piece now so I shall leave it at that! 

• Like 1

Hi, the moderators have received a number of reports about this thread.  As another moderator has already noted above, the moderators have determined that the thread does not breach AUP.

If you feel the post does not deserve to be seen, just ignore it and it will drift down the board into obscurity (as another moderator has already said).

If you are concerned that the original poster (OP) does not respond to advice given on the board, then I would recommend you ignore the OP.

• Like 2

• Sim locked this topic