Sarasota Ballet have announced a true 'Heritage' programme for their upcoming Autumn digital season and for which you can buy tickets to watch.  I have a feeling that many hereabouts may want to do so as it features some true Ashton gems that we don't oft get to see hereabouts nowadays. 

PURITY IN MOTION (Program 1)

23 – 25 October 2020
FSU Center for the Performing Arts

George Balanchine's Donizetti Variations
Ricardo Graziano's Amorosa
Paul Taylor's Company B

BEYOND EXPRESSION (Program 2)

20 – 21 November 2020
Sarasota Opera House

Sir Frederick Ashton's Birthday Offering
Sir Frederick Ashton's Dante Sonata
Sir David Bintley's The Spider's Feast

ROMEO & JULIET (Program 3)
18 – 19 December 2020
Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall

Sir Frederick Ashton's Romeo & Juliet
Composed by Sergei Prokofiev

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 7
59 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

Sarasota Ballet have announced a true 'Heritage' programme for their upcoming Autumn digital season and for which you can buy tickets to watch.  I have a feeling that many hereabouts may want to do so as it features some true Ashton gems that we don't oft get to see hereabouts nowadays. 

The situation is admittedly worse here in the US but the e-mail also states they don't expect the dancers back until January.  

49 minutes ago, alison said:

So, is this a prerecorded "digital season", or what?

It sounds like new material....from the e-mail

"While we’re still finalizing the exact programming elements, this newly created  (emphasis mine) Digital Fall Season is something we’re all excited about,” explains Iain Webb, Director of The Sarasota Ballet. “Our aim is to continue to bring breathtaking works to the stage and ensure that we’re keeping the safety of our dancers in mind. Therefore, as we start this new project, we will focus on ballets and works that have smaller casts in order to limit the number of dancers rehearsing together. Additionally, we are continuing to investigate other innovative performance experiences for audience members and patrons of The Sarasota Ballet.”

The Digital Fall Season will emulate as close as possible the traditional experience audience members expect from The Sarasota Ballet. Additionally, the streamed performances will include extra features to bring audience members behind the scenes with special guest interviews and rehearsal clips, and a look into the process of a world premiere. The three programs will be released to ticket holders at approximately the same dates that the three in-theater programs were scheduled to open. The ballets will be filmed with multiple cameras to ensure audiences can see every aspect of the performance. These programs will then be emailed to ticket holders, who can watch the performance at their leisure over a period of time."

• Like 2

Does anyone know when the tickets for the streamed Sarasota programme will go on sale or about how much they will cost? Sounds a great programme with some really different items in there. 

2 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Does anyone know when the tickets for the streamed Sarasota programme will go on sale or about how much they will cost? Sounds a great programme with some really different items in there. 

No specific date in the e-mail. "Full programming details for the October, November, and December programs will be announced in the future."

12 minutes ago, oncnp said:

No specific date in the e-mail. "Full programming details for the October, November, and December programs will be announced in the future."

Thanks oncnp. I'll just have to be patient. It's not as if they're going to sell out!

• alison changed the title to Sarasota Ballet digital season 2020

will be interesting to see if it is streamed via You Tube or what. The recent Met recitals were similar to the ROH paid concerts that caused problems. Hope my technology doesn't stop me seeing these.