National Youth Ballet (NYB) - Bouncing Back (online) - 22-23 August, 2020

Jan McNulty

View this email in your browser
596fe795-92ed-41df-8308-afdf3d8029c0.png

Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 August - online

NYB BOUNCING BACK

Join NYB's professional and experienced team for a weekend of online masterclasses which will develop participants ballet and drama technique alongside supporting their health and wellbeing. There will be tailored, bespoke sessions for specific age groups, with a limited number of places to ensure an engaging experience for all participants.

NYB Bouncing Back takes place on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August.
The cost for the weekend is £50.
bad861ec-f21e-4de8-b3e5-e4387fb71411.jpg
4a658e97-94be-44ef-b469-ae01cf49fe23.jpg
7605c728-8a55-472b-ab1a-eac4d2048206.jpg
acf39413-e5e4-4b9b-b0c7-75e9002c4240.jpg

Age groups

• 8-10 years old, minimum RAD Grade 1 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 11-12 years old, minimum RAD Grade 3 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 13-15 years old, minimum RAD Inter-found/grade 5 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 16+ yrs, minimum RAD Advanced Foundation ballet (or equivalent)

Each day will begin with an inspirational message from a special guest and will be followed by a ballet workshop, with Denzil Bailey, and a drama session with Ros Taylor. Each day will end with an interactive session with Carrie Johnson and Charlie Brittain focussed on nurturing a healthy, resilient mind and body.

NYB Bouncing Back takes place on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August. The cost for the weekend is £50.

VIEW THE TIMETABLE FOR THE WEEKEND AND BOOK NOW

1 hour ago, HopelessMummy said:

I'm not sure. I seem to remember having to put in dd's dob. You could contact them? Not sure how much actually dancing there's going to be... 

I’m actually not convinced that more online classes will go down that well with DD. I think she’s reached her limit for camera adjusting, glitchy screens and no room for big movements! 😂

I’ll give them a call and ask though. There’s no chance she’ll focus if she thinks it’s  ‘too easy’ so I don’t want to waste my money. Xxx

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had an email reminder about this:

View this email in your browser
596fe795-92ed-41df-8308-afdf3d8029c0.png

BOUNCING BACK

Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 August - online

last chance to book - limited places remaining

With less than a week to go there are only limited places remaining on Bouncing Back, our exciting weekend of online masterclasses.

Each day will begin with inspirational messages from some very special guests, including professional dancers Araminta Wraith, Sarah Kundi and Katie Webb. Daily masterclasses will include ballet, with Denzil Bailey,  drama with Nick Evans and an interactive talk focussed on nurturing a healthy, resilient mind and body led by Carrie Johnson and Charlie Brittain and featuring alumna Grace Swaby Moore.
bad861ec-f21e-4de8-b3e5-e4387fb71411.jpg
4a658e97-94be-44ef-b469-ae01cf49fe23.jpg
7605c728-8a55-472b-ab1a-eac4d2048206.jpg
acf39413-e5e4-4b9b-b0c7-75e9002c4240.jpg

Age groups

• 8-10 years old, minimum RAD Grade 1 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 11-12 years old, minimum RAD Grade 3 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 13-15 years old, minimum RAD Inter-found/grade 5 ballet (or equivalent)
  • 16+ yrs, minimum RAD Advanced Foundation ballet (or equivalent)

NYB Bouncing Back takes place on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August. The cost for the weekend is £50.

VIEW THE TIMETABLE FOR THE WEEKEND AND BOOK NOW

On 30/07/2020 at 07:03, HowMuch! said:

Are they strict about the age ranges? My 10 year old is RAD grade 4 so I’m wondering if she’d be happier doing the 11-12 group??? 

Did you find out about this? My dd is BBO grade 4 and just turned 10 so thinking the same x 

6 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Did you find out about this? My dd is BBO grade 4 and just turned 10 so thinking the same x 

To be honest, I’d totally forgotten about this until now! But, I did look on the website info and it said it was a rough guide - check though! I’ve read so many things recently, I may have got mixed up!

We'd booked but dd can't make a couple of the workshops on sat. I think it's great value. Two half days for £50. Says min grade 3 rad but I think any experience is good and sometimes going back to basics is not a bad thing, esp when very basic technique often goes out of the window as things get harder for them. Just my tuppence