News of non-dancing children.....

JulieW

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side, have just raided musical DD's cupboard for some shoes ... oddly something I never did when she was away at school.

She's finding it quite challenging, a lot of the students know each other already from NYO, something she never did.  But I'm sure she will find her feet.  Surprise visit from brother lead to photos of them in the bar clutching pints, something she wasn't renowned for before.

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Just thought I would revive this thread as we approach the end of the school/university year. Hopefully we will be hearing wonderful graduation and results stories soon.

My middle child  (variably MS or GS....musical or geeky son) has just done his last GCSE this morning and will now have gone off into town with a a few of his pals clutching the £20 I gave him this morning, telling him it was for lunch and to buy himself a treat. Bless him he told me that he didnt think he would spend more than £10 and would give me the change when he got home.

Youngest child (SS..sporty son) has been amazing us with his with his success thus year as neither of his parents are renkowned for their sporting prowess. He recently rode his first 3 day stage race on his bike. He came 60th so not knocking on the door of any world tour teams just yet, but it was his first national level race and I was super proud! He has been doing pretty well in our local race series, alternating first and second place with his best pal most weeks so that's nice.And then tomorrow he is at the trials for the regional level hockey squad, having impressed the selectors at recent county level competitions. I have mixed feelings on this one as the commitment, and for us, travel, is huge. But having invested vast amounts of the family's time and money into DD's passion for many years I don't feel I can say no. So we will show up, and what will be will be. I thought my days of hanging around at "auditions" were over, but maybe not! 

What news is out there from the rest of the forum?

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Reviving this lovely thread again, though I'm not sure if my daughter is a DD or a non dancing child now really! But either way, I'm very proud to say that she's now an RAD registered teacher. When I first posted on this forum's predecessor she was probably about 10  and I think I was looking for info on EYB auditions. Feels like yesterday, yet simultaneously, a lifetime ago. Lots of ups and downs, plenty I'd change given the time again, but I'm proud of the creative, bright and spectacularly resilient young adult she now is.

Hope all the other fabulous young people mentioned over the years on this thread are thriving despite the current situation.

• Like 12