Elmhurst auditions - letters are out !

BBA

Hi angela_stapleton, yes it's for year 7, but there were a couple of older girls in the same class. They said they would send their letters out within 10 days and they were true to their word. Nice to have one done before christmas !

• Like 2

Congratulations on the yesses! Is the Elmhurst prelimminary just a ballet class and roughly how long does it last? My dd is thinking of auditioning in January and I'm hoping to get there and back on the same day as we live about 2 hours away

Thanks

Yes, they would Pointytoes22!! But they will have a rough idea of how many they find on average at each audition - and there's always a possibility of getting a kind of waiting list letter as I think they've done that before, and then some are offered finals later.

• Like 1

Generally speaking, if they want to see you again they will ask you to finals. There is no limit to the number at finals and at prelim stage it is not about being better than other people that they may see it is about being good enought to be looked at again! It is only at the final audition stage that students start to compete for available spaces in the school!

Edited by Jellybeans

Does anyone know if the finals are an all day thing? Just thinking ahead to booking hotel, trains etc!

Balletjack

Yes finals take the whole day with registration from 8:45. The candidates are split into 2 groups. For dd last year final session was a tour of the boarding houses at 3:45. Parents just drop off and register and return in time for the tour. The other group's timetable was different - I do recall they had the boarding house tour before the end of the day but not sure of their exact times - sorry. But in answer to your question I would recommend a hotel the night before and a train for your return after 6 - just in case!

Edited by angela_stapleton