San Francisco Ballet's 2020 Opening Night Gala and Miami City Ballet in Twyla Tharp’s Nine Sinatra Songs

Yet another brilliant performance by this my favourite American company. This company has definitely been the best during this lockdown, in my opinion, with the range and variety of performances they have posted on YouTube. From full length ballet's like Tomasson's Romeo and Juliet, to one act ballet's, I particularly enjoyed Tomasson's  Concerto Grosso, which I think would be a great piece for the young male dancers of RB or BRB. It was also fantastic to get another opportunity to see they're 2018 Bound festival works.

Of the gala I was amazed, again, by Yuan Yuan Tan. But the highlight of the show was the Swan Lake pdd by David Dawson, I love his choreography and this performance from his full length ballet that the Scottish Ballet premiered here in Liverpool in 2016, brought back good memories of that performance however this time we had the amazing Sofiane Sylve dancing the swan. Sofiane Sylve is a wonderful dancer and I enjoy her every performance. She was partnered by the talented Carlo Di Lanno and I look forward to seeing them perform - once Dresden is able. I'm so happy Sofiane is back on Europe!

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 21:10, Janite said:

I loved the SFBallet gala. What a season they have given us, I had no idea they were so very good.

the company is one of my favourites - its always a must to see them, when one of their rare visits bring them to London

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

the company is one of my favourites - its always a must to see them, when one of their rare visits bring them to London

I will take any opportunity in the future to see them. 

• Like 2