Ballet Power

RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

1 minute ago, Reggi said:

Mine has been viewed 8 times but this could of been by the public I didn’t realise it was like Instagram! So I have no clue if they have viewed it or not! 😆

I set my daughters to private and could only be accessed with the password which i provided to RB. So hers only has one viewing on 24th June xx

Ooh I didn’t know we had to do that...I didn’t send a password to them presuming they have  been able to view it though with it being not private! 

4 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Ooh I didn’t know we had to do that...I didn’t send a password to them presuming they have  been able to view it though with it being not private! 

I wouldn't worry they'd have been in touch to advise if they were unable to watch it. They were unable to view my DD so asked me to resend the link and password and they've since viewed it xx

15 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I wouldn't worry they'd have been in touch to advise if they were unable to watch it. They were unable to view my DD so asked me to resend the link and password and they've since viewed it xx

Ooh fab :) fingers crossed 😬 wonder when we will found out I’m checking my phone every morning and at midnight 🙈 this is worse than the audition xx

36 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Ooh fab :) fingers crossed 😬 wonder when we will found out I’m checking my phone every morning and at midnight 🙈 this is worse than the audition xx

The waiting is awful isn't it 🤦‍♀️. I'm the same myself. Good luck 🤞 xx

5 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

U too 🙏🏻Xx

I thought that it was only available to view for those with the link? 

I hate waiting too, good luck everyone xx 

1 hour ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

The waiting is just beginning! Before you know it it will be applications for Year 7, then annual appraisals, then upper school applications... 😂 

• Like 2

Hope you all hear soon! Sure they'll want to draw a line underneath these auditions ASAP, fingers crossed anyway!

What sort of thing did you have to film? No-one for DD's dance school has tried for JAs for a few years so going in blind as to what will actually happen in her audition for a year 5 place in September. 

15 hours ago, BellaF said:

Hope you all hear soon! Sure they'll want to draw a line underneath these auditions ASAP, fingers crossed anyway!

What sort of thing did you have to film? No-one for DD's dance school has tried for JAs for a few years so going in blind as to what will actually happen in her audition for a year 5 place in September. 

It was mainly exercises nothing too complex but i assume that the judges are able to tell a lot about strength etc with them.

Its my DD first time of auditions so I'm not sure how the video audition would differ to live auditions. Good luck 👍  xx 

1 hour ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

It was mainly exercises nothing too complex but i assume that the judges are able to tell a lot about strength etc with them.

Its my DD first time of auditions so I'm not sure how the video audition would differ to live auditions. Good luck 👍  xx 

Thank you - our first time on the audition circuit too. Good luck and hope it's not too much of a wait for you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BellaF said:

The audition on video was a bit different from the ones in studio as in studio they do more travelling exercises- skips, gallops etc. Obviously couldn’t ask videos to do that due to lack of space in homes. There’s plenty of info on the ‘normal’ auditions on the forum, but takes the form of a class, very friendly and nothing hard. They do some basic plies, tendus etc and some stretches and check posture and musicality. The dancers really enjoy it, the video was weird and we missed the audition ‘experience’ this year!

• Like 1

Ok so here's one for you all.... I'm assumin your children have other auditions too 🤷‍♀️. What if acceptance dates are before you receive results from other auditions? Would it be silly not to accept at the risk of not being offered any others ?? Totally our first time so really nervous xx

2 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Ok so here's one for you all.... I'm assumin your children have other auditions too 🤷‍♀️. What if acceptance dates are before you receive results from other auditions? Would it be silly not to accept at the risk of not being offered any others ?? Totally our first time so really nervous xx

Yeah it’s a hard one. Some want acceptance and money before the other results come out. But if the dates don’t clash and it’s ok with money, I would always accept as you don’t want her/him to end up with nothing x

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

It's a tricky one! DD has been part of Midland Theatre Ballet the past year and has turned down a further 12 months without having anything firmly in its place. A real chance that we may end up with nothing  though if that happens we'll try and line up some privates with a good teacher to fill the gap. 

Edited by BellaF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BellaF said:

It's a tricky one! DD has been part of Midland Theatre Ballet the past year and has turned down a further 12 months without having anything firmly in it's place. A real chance that we may end up with nothing  though if that happens we'll try and line up some privates with a good teacher to fill the gap. 

Oh no... its so difficult isn't it ?? You just don't want them to end up with nothing. I know Elmhurst haven't even decided yet what their auditions will look like so who knows what will happen there ?? Hopefully you won't end up in that position xx

26 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Oh no... its so difficult isn't it ?? You just don't want them to end up with nothing. I know Elmhurst haven't even decided yet what their auditions will look like so who knows what will happen there ?? Hopefully you won't end up in that position xx

I think there's a reasonable chance we will 😀

We're waiting on Elmhurst news as well, hopefully we'll have some dates to work towards soon! Only thing in the diary at the moment is Tring CBA on September 5th though sods law either JAs or Elmhurst YD will end up clashing 🤣

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I think there's a reasonable chance we will 😀

We're waiting on Elmhurst news as well, hopefully we'll have some dates to work towards soon! Only thing in the diary at the moment is Tring CBA on September 5th though sods law either JAs or Elmhurst YD will end up clashing 🤣

I'm so surprised at the lateness of Elmhurst announcing what they'll do about auditions. I was really convinced they'd follow RB !! 

Its always the way isn't it 🤣 xx

37 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I'm so surprised at the lateness of Elmhurst announcing what they'll do about auditions. I was really convinced they'd follow RB !! 

I imagine they're waiting for some more guidance from the government which doesn't look like it's going to arrive anytime soon... Though if schools are all going back in September then surely auditions can at least go ahead.

11 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I imagine they're waiting for some more guidance from the government which doesn't look like it's going to arrive anytime soon... Though if schools are all going back in September then surely auditions can at least go ahead.

I just thought once others had taken the decision to do video auditions they'd have done the same ha ha xx

Seems sensible! Especially for Y6.

Still can't wrap my head round people soon being able to have a drink in a pub but DD not being able to go back to the studio... but that's a completely separate conversation 😂

3 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Seems sensible! Especially for Y6.

Still can't wrap my head round people soon being able to have a drink in a pub but DD not being able to go back to the studio... but that's a completely separate conversation 😂

🤣🤣🤣 it really is xx

Posted (edited)

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. If your DC result is a Yes congratulations and if it is a No then don’t give up! Keep trying, Mark Annear always says at auditions to come back again next year. My DD has just graduated from the Junior Associate scheme. She auditioned in Yr 5 with a No! She tried again a year later and received a yes for year 6 and ended up at White Lodge finals this year! She is due to start RBS Mids in September. And she has met some lifelong friends. Good Luck everyone xxx

Edited by Dancer20
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Thank you @Dancer20it's lovely to hear how your DD has progressed. I'm sure you've been through these stresses many times now. Good luck for your DD for September 🥰 xx 

I have spent many an hour refreshing emails and checking the forum 😳! I feel everyone’s pain. 💕😘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer20 said:

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. If your DC result is a Yes congratulations and if it is a No then don’t give up! Keep trying, Mark Annear always says at auditions to come back again next year. My DD has just graduated from the Junior Associate scheme. She auditioned in Yr 5 with a No! She tried again a year later and received a yes for year 6 and ended up at White Lodge finals this year! She is due to start RBS Mids in September. And she has met some lifelong friends. Good Luck everyone xxx

Wow that is amazing!!! I love to hear about things like this!!! My daughter has had so many knock backs and has had to learn to fight for things but along the way has had her confidence knocked! If this is another knock back we will just get back up and fight again and I will tell her of this story 💖🙏🏻😌 well done to your talented daughter xxx

• Like 1

Wow this is lovely to hear, I guess this is a message to all our DC work hard, never give up on your dreams and believe in your self.  Well done to your DD xxx

12 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

If this helps, this was my experience last year... my DD was a first time auditionee and me a first time mum in the Dance world. She auditioned for 3 associates programmes, Ballet boost, Elmhurst and RBS, to our shock she was offered places at all 3. We had time to decide which ones she would do, it would be good if you have a plan of what you would accept. We didn't think she would be offered any, so had no plan but it worked out ok in the end. Good luck with the auditions x

8 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

If this helps, this was my experience last year... my DD was a first time auditionee and me a first time mum in the Dance world. She auditioned for 3 associates programmes, Ballet boost, Elmhurst and RBS, to our shock she was offered places at all 3. We had time to decide which ones she would do, it would be good if you have a plan of what you would accept. We didn't think she would be offered any, so had no plan but it worked out ok in the end. Good luck with the auditions x

Wow that's really amazing 👏... thank you so much for sharing that. Which did you end up picking ? Xx

23 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

DD is due to go into year 5 at Elmhurst in Sept (current year 4) and we haven’t heard anything from them for a while..we have had a few activity packs but there hasn’t been any online offering. I think the teachers must have been furloughed (in fact I know they have as they were unable to write the end of year reports). 

I would be interested to know what they are doing about auditions as it might give us a steer as to if they are going back? 

I guess it’s different to RBS as the Elmhurst Birmingham classes are held at the actual boarding school so they would have to consider the implications of that - i.e.

many outside visitors coming in every Saturday 🤔 I don’t know how possible that is? We have everything crossed they can make it work..it’s a wonderful class for them..

sorry i know this is an RBS thread..

• Like 1