RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

Ballet Power

I would guess they’d get through the videos within a couple of weeks. There aren’t that many auditioning for year 6, and as others have said, they most definitely won’t be sitting though the whole video for each and every child. If they’re not interested after 5mins or so they’re not going to watch it through for the sake of it. Same as in the real life auditions, they only focus on a few kids after the first few mins. They know EXACTLY what they’re looking for 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely look at children who were on swl last year if they have applied again for the current year. ..as my daughter got a yr 6 JA place after a no in yr 4 and swl in yr 5 . Her teacher was told this when we asked for feedback in yr 5 . If they see a child is making huge progress from year to year it’s another indication for their suitability. 

We’ve been contacted to say they could

only see 15mins of the video despite it showing up in my DropBox as the full length class. Doing it via WeTransfer directly to the assistant’s email address seemed to work: haven’t told DD yet about my technical incompetence!! So yes, if there is a technical problem, they get in touch!! 

26 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

We’ve been contacted to say they could

only see 15mins of the video despite it showing up in my DropBox as the full length class. Doing it via WeTransfer directly to the assistant’s email address seemed to work: haven’t told DD yet about my technical incompetence!! So yes, if there is a technical problem, they get in touch!! 

OMG! So they’re looking at them already  then! So glad they contacted you. 👍🏻 

11 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Has anyone who used Vimeo had their childs video viewed yet ?? Xx

Yes.  I had an email this morning to say they couldn't view my childs video, so I emailed the vimeo link over and when I checked the analytics a few hours later it had been viewed.

1 hour ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Oh really ?? My daughters hasn't but suppose its still early days yet. Where did you both apply for ? Just wondering if they're viewing them per location ?? Xx

Also London - so yes, maybe London got onto their's first? Just checked and they watched it on Saturday, so they're obviously doing all they can to get through them asap.

Edited by worsethanclueless