Wondering why I have received an email from the ROH titled:  'Have you watched our live concerts yet?' when surely (given that the vimeo is listed by my email address) they MUST know that I have paid and watched the two charged items ... and even that I watched the free one as well.  Most strange.  

• Like 1

On 29/06/2020 at 19:19, Bruce Wall said:

Wondering why I have received an email from the ROH titled:  'Have you watched our live concerts yet?' when surely (given that the vimeo is listed by my email address) they MUST know that I have paid and watched the two charged items ... and even that I watched the free one as well.  Most strange.  

🤣🤣🤣 I thought we gave up on joined-up thinking / data at ROH some time ago?

Seems to be a big gap between the data expertise at ROH and at ‘data mining’ by online advertisers, security hackers etc!

31 minutes ago, FionaE said:

🤣🤣🤣 I thought we gave up on joined-up thinking / data at ROH some time ago?

Seems to be a big gap between the data expertise at ROH and at ‘data mining’ by online advertisers, security hackers etc!

Or maybe the relevant people are on furlough? I can't see that it's a big deal.

• Like 1

I’ve had masses of reminders but I guess that my Vimeo sign in isn’t linked to the ROH system.  I think I can forgive them for that.

But I think that I’m still looking for the mega institution which is the ROH (and indeed the RB) to be more proactive and really showing itself to be a performing  arts leader.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, capybara said:

I’ve had masses of reminders but I guess that my Vimeo sign in isn’t linked to the ROH system.  I think I can forgive them for that.

But I think that I’m still looking for the mega institution which is the ROH (and indeed the RB) to be more proactive and really showing itself to be a performing  arts leader.

Yes, I think considering the offerings we've had and enjoyed from other companies, both in this country and abroad, the RB hasn't shown itself in a very good light. The short pieces shown during the last three weeks, or the little excerpts on Facebook  have been the only items that have not already been issued as DVD s. I accept there are various copyright difficulties, but if other UK companies have managed to get round this why not the RB? 

• Like 1