Live from Covent Garden, 13th June and following weeks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• alison changed the title to Live from Covent Garden, 13th June and following weeks
On 12/06/2020 at 17:17, Balletfanp said:

I’m not convinced about that - tomorrow night’s event is a free one. I suspect they are using Vimeo for the paid concerts as they can control access more easily and it possibly gives more protection from things like illegal downloads.

Point taken - but does this mean that if one pays the £4.99 a legal download is availabe via vimeo?

Guest oncnp
43 minutes ago, David said:

Point taken - but does this mean that if one pays the £4.99 a legal download is availabe via vimeo?

You can view for 14 days only as I read it. No "legal" download.

Saturday 27 June, 7:30pm BST

Ballet

First Soloists of The Royal Ballet Fumi Kaneko and Reece Clarke will perform the lyrical central pas de deux from Kenneth MacMillan’s Concerto. Created in 1966, Concerto is set to Shostakovich’s Piano Concerto no. 2 in F. Royal Ballet pianist Kate Shipway will accompany the dancers, together with soloists of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.

Principal Matthew Ball and First Soloist Mayara Magri will perform a pas de deux from Christopher Wheeldon’s Within the Golden Hour. First created for San Francisco Ballet, Within the Golden Hour has been part of The Royal Ballet’s repertory since 2016. Music Director of The Royal Ballet Koen Kessels will be conducting Ezio Bosso's original score, which incorporates music by Vivaldi.

[I had a feeling that one or both of these couples would be performing, especially when Reece /Fumi posted a suspiciously recent photo of themselves at the ROH.]

Opera

Jette Parker Young Artists Andrés Presno, Filipe Manu, Masabane Cecilia Rangwanasha and Stephanie Wake-Edwards, and Link artist Blaise Malaba will be accompanied by soloists of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House to perform a variety of works, including arias from L’elisir d’amore and Porgy and Bess

Edited by capybara
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, capybara said:

Ballet

First Soloists of The Royal Ballet Fumi Kaneko and Reece Clarke will perform the lyrical central pas de deux from Kenneth MacMillan’s Concerto. Created in 1966, Concerto is set to Shostakovich’s Piano Concerto no. 2 in F. Royal Ballet pianist Kate Shipway will accompany the dancers, together with soloists of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.

Principal Matthew Ball and First Soloist Mayara Magri will perform a pas de deux from Christopher Wheeldon’s Within the Golden Hour. First created for San Francisco Ballet, Within the Golden Hour has been part of The Royal Ballet’s repertory since 2016. Music Director of The Royal Ballet Koen Kessels will be conducting Ezio Bosso's original score, which incorporates music by Vivaldi.

[I had a feeling that one or both of these couples would be performing, especially when Reece /Fumi posted a suspiciously recent photo of themselves at the ROH.]

Opera

Jette Parker Young Artists Andrés Presno, Filipe Manu, Masabane Cecilia Rangwanasha and Stephanie Wake-Edwards, and Link artist Blaise Malaba will be accompanied by soloists of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House to perform a variety of works, including arias from L’elisir d’amore and Porgy and Bess

That's good news! Certainly an improvement.

• Like 2

Guest oncnp

Mr Muntagirov back in the house...looks a little more Don Q than Blessed Spirits.\

Can't embed the link but on his IG stories

Janite:  Seems you may not be alone. I've no suggestions myself but I've just seen that our Founding Father, Bruce Marriott, who now runs DanceTabs, has reported issues with the setup.  And he's a chap who knows his way in the tech area:

7 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Janite:  Seems you may not be alone. I've no suggestions myself but I've just seen that our Founding Father, Bruce Marriott, who now runs DanceTabs, has reported issues with the setup.  And he's a chap who knows his way in the tech area

Thanks Ian I will try later, it seems not it like safari either. 

19 hours ago, capybara said:

Ballet

Opera

Great that we're getting 2 ballet performances at long last though I wish Matthew had been performing The Sun is God (one of the Alice Pennefather films he danced so beautifully) with Mayara. Also slightly disappointed Alex Campbell and Claire Calvert had been passed over; would have been even better to have three ballet pas de duex!) Still a great line up and really looking forward to it. Will be shelling out my £4.99 again. You can take it for granted tonight's has already been paid for a while ago and am counting down the hours!

Last week I watched on YouTube on my tv but as that isn't available this week I have tested to see if it is possible to watch via a browser on my FireStick and it seems to work. Whether it will do so this evening is another matter!

Bit of a pain logging on to the ROH stream via the remote but I'd rather watch on my tv than my PC screen.

6 hours ago, DanJL said:

Apparently it will also be possible to view on marquee tv (after buying a ticket) in case that helps anyone.

Unfortunately it didn't help me as much as I hoped. I do subscribe to marquee tv but the ticket I've already bought isn't valid to watch on marquee tv, it seems necessary to buy a different ticket instead! I'll have to stick with the laptop!

Looks as though some people had difficulty transferring it to their TVs.  Glad I didn't even try.  But I didn't have any great difficulty actually accessing the stream: I just (using Firefox) went back to my History, clicked on the Live from Covent Garden page, and there it was.  I did see a lot of people jumping the gun and expecting it to be live before the scheduled starting time, though.

1 hour ago, alison said:

I did see a lot of people jumping the gun and expecting it to be live before the scheduled starting time, though.

I think it would avoid  a lot uncertainty if it did 'start' a bit before the performance itself.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, alison said:

Worked okay for me on Firefox - once I'd worked out that I hadn't put in a postcode and that's why the "Complete purchase" button wouldn't work :)

I worked out that I needed a new account! As I am dyslexic I often don't take in all the information on a long email. However, all is good now and I have just seen the wonderful Vadim dance, I was nearly crying it was so emotional to see him on the stage of ROH. I can only wish for more ballet on these evenings.

• Like 3

I haven’t got to grips with the paying yet ..not that I mind at all but I missed this week because I couldn’t be sure I’d be in ... and I wasn’t! 
So if you pay does this then remain available to you to watch when you can .  or is it only available at the time of broadcast? 
Also if you have missed it could you pay for it after the event and then see it..  that would assume it’s available not live only.