Pointework for 6th Form Auditions

swanprincess

Someone mentioned 'tricky' pointework being involved in the auditions for a 6th Form ballet course, so I was wondering- what standard of pointework is expected at these auditions? I will hopefully be auditioning next year (for 2014 entry); I have only been en pointe for 2 years, and am currently taking 3 pointe classes a week. What kind of steps are required at 6th form level?

My dd and a friend in the same finals audition thought there was a lot of pointe work and found some of what they were asked to do challenging.

How tricky you find it obviously depends on what you usually do in your everyday lessons. For my dd, as a non vocational student doing pointe work once a week, she found she was one of the weaker on pointe alongside the other finalists who were mainly from vocational background and more experienced. Lil

• Like 1

Just asked my dd and she said it wasn't that bad but some of the stuff on flats was! So I didn't have that completely right !

Swan princess, I don't think it's uncommon to not do that much pointe work in non vocational classes - she does more now.

As primrose says, I remember the year before there being a discussion on the forum and some didn't do pointe work at preliminary auditions . Would imagine every one does at finals but who knows? Lil

• Like 1