In conversation with Sander Blommaert

Guest oncnp
14 minutes ago, alison said:

I think my problem must be that I don't get any Watch Live Video option when I click on the profile picture: all it does is take me to endless photos and snippets, with no options.

Didn't work for me either until I downloaded the app...then it appeared. 

I found James Hay's thoughts on Rhapsody and dancing works choreographed on other dancers, and finding a way as a dancer to make something your own while ensuring the integrity of the piece remains, particularly insightful and illuminating. 

What a lovely person, as well as delightful dancer. Great interview! 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, alison said:

I think my problem must be that I don't get any Watch Live Video option when I click on the profile picture: all it does is take me to endless photos and snippets, with no options.

In that case, if you are not using the Instagram app on your phone you'd need to use Chrome as a browser on your laptop (not as the default browser, just have it on there for Instagram)

Okay, maybe I'll try that, but it's weird.  I managed it perfectly well the other week to watch the Watson conversation, what I caught of it, with Firefox - and suddenly I can't get at anything for love nor money.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, alison said:

Okay, maybe I'll try that, but it's weird.  I managed it perfectly well the other week to watch the Watson conversation, what I caught of it, with Firefox - and suddenly I can't get at anything for love nor money.

Some browsers don’t seem to support ended videos only ones that are currently ‘broadcasting’ 

• Like 1

Just to say that I did FINALLY get to see this with the help of that app I downloaded on my laptop.  Took a bit to figure out how to do it ... but that's probably more me than anything else.  Very much enjoyed Mr. Hay's charm and easy candour.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alison said:

Thank you to all concerned for their support on this one.  I did ultimately manage to get at this, albeit only by fast-forwarding through Sander's ballet class first (?!)

that is what usually happens, and well done it is not simple to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alison said:

I keep thinking I must be doing something seriously wrong, because otherwise how on earth would Instagram ever have taken off if it's as badly designed as I'm experiencing? :(

yes, it took me a couple of weeks to work out how to do it.

Edited by Janite

Here's hoping for better luck getting at the Leanne Benjamin one for tonight - particularly since I shall almost certainly still be in the Sainsbury's queue by then, rather than at home!

Because of changes to some of Instagram's features, in conversation interviews will no longer be available for 24 hours through the live function, but instead will be made available indefinitely through Sander's IGTV (Instagram TV). In the app on a phone or tablet, the IGTV is the middle tab. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clara_f said:

Because of changes to some of Instagram's features, in conversation interviews will no longer be available for 24 hours through the live function, but instead will be made available indefinitely through Sander's IGTV (Instagram TV). In the app on a phone or tablet, the IGTV is the middle tab. 

Thank you! I downloaded the app but still couldn't see the interview with Leanne Benjamin, but I've just been able to watch it on his IGTV. It was wonderful! He's a lovely interviewer and she is SO interesting and illuminating.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alison said:

And because of work overrunning I've just missed Sian Murphy :( 

Alison you'll be able to see the Sian Murphy interview the moment Sander posts it on his IGTV tab on Instagram. It will be available indefinitely. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just posted from Sander's IG account

Here are my guests for next weeks “in conversation” on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7pm UK time on my Instagram Live!
- Monday: Tara Brigitte Bhavnani - First Artist with the Royal Ballet Company!
- Wednesday: Sander Blommaert - Former First Artist with the Royal Ballet Company and current Upper School Ballet Teacher at Elmhurst Ballet School and Founder of Blommaert Ballet&Toning
- Friday: Meaghan Grace Hinkis - Soloist of the Royal Ballet Company!
Yes! After a lot of requests I am happy to share that I will be joined by @balletmafialondon on Wednesday who is going to interview me for a change... so scary! 🤪

Edited by Janite

Sander does interviews every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7pm. I have just found out how to access the previous 4, I took a picture to show people but it won't let me upload it so I will try to describe it. 

In Instagram search for Sander's page.

About third down are 3 symbols, the middle one is the IGTV one if you click on that you get all his uploads for the last 10 days or so.

The IGTV symbol is a square with and arial on the top and a lightening in the middle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This week Sander will be interviewing:

Alexander Campbell RB (Monday 😎

Leanne Cope, formerly RB and An American in Paris (Wednesday 10) 

Camille Bracher, formerly RB and now Wayne Mcgregor Company (Friday 12) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sander has decided to finish his interviews. Sander said at the end of the last one that he had reached out to everyone he was able to and not everyone wanted to do it and now he felt it's time end. I have really enjoyed them and appreciate his taking the time to do this.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Janite said:

Sander has decided to finish his interviews. Sander said at the end of the last one that he had reached out to everyone he was able to and not everyone wanted to do it and now he felt it's time end. I have really enjoyed them and appreciate his taking the time to do this.

I was disappointed when he said that, but he's had a good run. The Christopher Saunders one was particularly good. I'll just have to pray my favourite gets interviewed by Dancersdiary instead. 🙂

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

I was disappointed when he said that, but he's had a good run. The Christopher Saunders one was particularly good. I'll just have to pray my favourite gets interviewed by Dancersdiary instead. 🙂

ooo I like Dancersdiary too, particularly the longer interviews.

• 2 weeks later...