Balletco Christmas lunch 2012

Grey Rabbit has mulled it over and the only date she personally is available to organise this is Sunday 6 January 2013.

There is a RB first time family welcome performance of Nutcracker at 2pm labelled "not for sale" - presume media promotion (Cuthbertson/Kish/L.Cope/Kay).

The menus at our usual venue look yummy as ever at similar price to last year.

if interested please post here ASAP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have come but getting to London for a lunch on Sunday is just not practical for me. Anyway I am sure it will go with a bang. From what I have heard of previous BCo Forum Christmas Lunches they are wonderful affairs and I would urge you all to go if you can.

Menu for lunch Sunday 6 January 2013

3 Courses Christmas Lunch Menu

£18.90 + 10% service charge

Starters

Smoked Salmon and Parmesan Consomme

Jerusalem Artichoke and Chestnut Soup topped with Smoked Paprika Oil and tapenade Croutons (V)

Scallop and Prawn with Vermouth Cream Sauce in Puff Pastry

Wild Mushrooms with Leeks, Shallots, Brandy and Grilled Goat's Cheese on Toasted Walnut Bread (V)

Foie Gras pate with Pear and Saffron Chutney

Avocado, Celeriac and Green Olive and Walnut Remoulade with Tomato and Sweet Chilli Dressing (V)

Main Courses

Roast Rib of Beef with Black Velvet and Horseradish Sauce

Fillet of Sea bass with Lemon Poached Leeks and Shrimp-Lemon Butter

Stuffed Demi Poussin with Spiced Butternut Squash Puree and Blackberry Syrup

Slow Roasted Lamb Shank with a Gorgonzola Crust

Blueberry and Molasses-Glazed pork Belly in Cider Sauce

Tofu and Shiitake Mushroom Curry with Green Beans and Pineapple served with Rice (V)

Roasted Pumpkin and Watercress Pesto Pie with Soured Cream in Basil and Walnut Pastry(V)

Desserts

Spiked Mango Sorbet with Caramelised Chillies

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Chocolate, Orange Liqueur Mousse

Selection of Cheeses and Crackers

£5 per person none refundable deposit to confirm the booking. The deposit will be deducted from the final bill.

• Like 1

Ballet co lunch all welcome subject to the following

LUNCH IS PRE BOOK ONLY BY DECEMBER ONE

MENU CHOICES BY DECEMBER 9 ALSO FIVE POUNDS DEPOSIT PER PERSON.

THE BISTRO IS SMALL AND THE FOOD GOOD SO SORRY NO LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS.

MINDER AND GR

Minder has email link for booking and menu choices. Then we will try and work out arrangements re deposits.either mail cheque or hand over @ROH performance. Last year we did all liasion with Savoir Faire re numbers etc. Will send out maps later. 10 minute walk from Underground Holborn station

Minder has email link for booking and menu choices. Then we will try and work out arrangements re deposits.either mail cheque or hand over @ROH performance. Last year we did all liasion with Savoir Faire re numbers etc. Will send out maps later. 10 minute walk from Underground Holborn station

I always go there from Tottenham Court Road Station. I think it's marginally closer - depending on how fast you walk it can be done in a little over 5 minutes.

Edited to say that, if you choose to go to Tottenham Court Road Underground Station, you need to come out of the Dominion Theatre exit and just walk along New Oxford Street on the same side of the street. I don't know why the arrow on the map above seems to be on the wrong side of the street. I think this map might have the arrow in a more accurate position.

http://www.streetmap...searchp=ids.srf

Edited by Bluebird