Streamings etc. calendar

If you've been visiting this site via a computer, you will probably already have noticed that a Calendar has appeared on the right-hand side of the page, listing streaming dates for various items of interest.  It's also at the bottom of the "page" on smartphones if you scroll far enough.  (It was very annoying, constantly missing out on things because they were posted all over the place and it was difficult to keep track.)   It's been put together in rather a hurry, and we're still playing with it, but do feel free to add anything which is on for only a limited length of time - I don't think you can break it :) 

More details here:

• Like 8

• alison pinned and locked this topic

It's been suggested that it would be helpful to put the URL in as "Description" text so that people can access the stream more easily, so if one's available, please try to do that. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realised that all the streamings ending on today's date and without a specified finishing time no longer show up on the calendar display on the right of the individual forums.  However, their details can still be accessed if you click on the "Calendar" tab and look at today's date.

Edited by alison

It's struck me that it might be even more useful if the Calendar could rank streamings by end date rather than start date.  I haven't spotted a way of doing this yet, but if anyone knows of a way I'd be glad to hear of it.  You can post in the thread in Announcements linked to in the first post, or you might be able to squeeze a PM into my very full inbox.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The calendar's been looking a bit empty recently, despite there still being no shortage of offerings.  Please do add events if you can.  There's a link to how to do it in the initial post.

• 8 months later...

The only trouble with this calendar is that if you have performances which are available for a long time they clog up the beginning of the calendar for ages and everything else piles up afterwards.  It's a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone happens to be aware of a way events can be listed by end date rather than start date?

• alison changed the title to Streamings etc. calendar
  • 1 year later...