Matthew Bourne's New Adventures: Reel Adventures and other coronavirus-related news

https://mailchi.mp/new-adventures/october-2736514?e=4c93d522b6

Note in particular:

"Finally, I’d like to say a very warm welcome to all new subscribers who have joined us following our Festival of Classics season on Sky. We were so pleased to share these iconic productions with you and even more delighted that they will be available to purchase or rent (with the bonus addition of Cinderella) for digital download from today. All New Adventures subscribers can enjoy 20% off with the code at the bottom of today’s newsletter."

• 2 weeks later...
  • alison changed the title to Matthew Bourne's New Adventures: Reel Adventures and other coronavirus-related news
  • 4 weeks later...
The Red Shoes in Cinemas
7f27d97e-b259-4d42-956e-f945d2b0b814.jpg
We're thrilled to finally be able to share The Red Shoes with you all in cinemas nationwide! For those who sadly missed the remaining UK tour, this is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the magic of Matthew Bourne’s personal “love letter to a life in the theatre.” The screenings will be on Wednesday 30th September with encore screenings on Sunday 4th October. Filmed live at Sadler's Wells at the end of last year, and featuring Adam Cooper, Ashley Shaw, Michela Meazza, Liam Mower, Glenn Graham and Dommy North, this is one not be be missed!
‘I’m proud that for nearly 20 years, New Adventures has built an unprecedented audience for dance. Cinema plays a vital role in ensuring we can take our productions to many more places, both across the UK and around the world, than it is possible for us to reach with our live performances. I am delighted that our dance production of The Red Shoes, based on the Powell and Pressburger film that I have loved since I was a teenager, will now have its moment on the big screen.’ 
b84376d7-bef9-40e1-82f1-43eeb86ed4d3.jpg
Book Now!

The Many Ways to Watch Our Shows
There are so many ways you can experience your favourite New Adventures shows online and at home, from digital downloads, to televised screenings. So, until we get back on a stage near you, check out the many ways to watch our shows below. 
2981fac2-a7c9-4969-8da6-d0030c7df5b7.jpg
After causing an immediate sensation in 1995, watch our new 2019 production of Swan Lake, filmed during its sell-out run at Sadler's Wells.

Rent or download via Illuminations
Watch on Curzon Home Cinema
Purchase the DVD or Blu-Ray
e436db98-c4a4-4495-907f-baf368e8a5ea.jpg
A passionate and contemporary re-imagining of Shakespeare’s classic story of love and conflict, watch the 2019 production of Romeo and Juliet now.

91b4cc3a-7979-418e-acd3-cac3bb5eef75.jpg
A signature production for New Adventures, and first seen in 2000, The Car Man has been a firm favourite for 20 years - don't miss the opportunity to relive the 2015 production in the comfort of your own home! 

08569480-5101-479f-8205-44de5e3f1674.jpg
A reinterpretation of the classic fairy tale, Cinderella was remounted in 2017. Set in London during the Second World War, it features Cinderella and a dashing young RAF pilot, together just long enough to fall in love, before being parted by the Blitz. 

Whether it’s on the Silver Screen or On the Small Screen, we appreciate the many ways you choose to watch our shows.
Download your FREE show programme

Went to see the Red Shoes at my local Vue cinema this afternoon and really enjoyed it, and the feeling of attending a performance again, albeit on the cinema screen rather than a live show. I'm not at all a fan of Matthew Bournes's productions and this is the first full length ballet of his I've enjoyed. Of course the storyline was terrific. The Red Shoes is one of my favourite films (could watch Anton Walbrook for ever though he so often play slightly creepy characters). I thought it great Matthew Bourne kept so close to the film scenario and used the score. Loved the sets and costumes and the scene on the beach at the Riviera (was it taken from Le Traine Bleu or just a pastiche of it?) The music hall scene near the end was really good too. The sand dance like the old Wilson, Kepple and Betty music hall act was terrific and had us all laughing at the cinema, though where was Betty? Adam Cooper was uncannily like Anton Walbrook though I wish he'd had more dancing to do. I thought Matthew could have given him a solo at least or perhaps a fantasy like dance with Vicky. The only snag was I kept thinking back to when I last saw Adam in a great classical role, as Onegin with the RB. he was possibly the best Onegin I've ever seen. Of course the two characters were rather similar. Anyway, a really good afternoon and I hope it will be on TV sometime as the BBC were involved. It would make a great Christmas ballet.

Incidentally, still haven't seen the RB Giselle or Nutcracker on the Vue or Odeon calendars yet. has anyone else seen them advertised at all? I know it's early days yet, especially for the Nutcracker but Events are often advertised well in advance. I hope cinemas will take them as they're repeats though the Bolshoi seem to manage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Welcome to your March newsletter!

Opportunity: Become a Trustee

Do you or someone you know, share our passion and enthusiasm for dance, developing young talent, and community engagement? 

We are looking for three new members for our Board of Trustees to oversee all aspects of our work, help ensure we maintain the highest standards in all areas of operation, and champion and advocate for the Company.

Each board member brings a unique range of skills and experience and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Previous board experience is not necessary. 

Application Deadline: Mon 8 March 10AM

Find Out More

SPRING OFFER - SAVE 25% ON FILM DOWNLOADS

To celebrate spring and help you bring world-class dance into your home, for a limited time we are offering a special 25% discount on download orders during February and March.

Quote code SPRING25 to redeem your discount. The titles and discounts are available as follows:
Cinderella 18-24 February
Romeo + Juliet 25 February-3 March
The Car Man 4-10 March
Swan Lake 11-17 March

Buy Now

Have you been enjoying our weekly Company Classes?

In February we have been releasing new Company Classes on YouTube for you to take part in and enjoy throughout lockdown. 

You can catch up on past classes, led by Ashley Shaw, Monique Jonas and Neil Westmoreland, and check the class schedule for the teachers and styles of our upcoming classes on our website . 

This week you will be treated to a body conditioning class of Pilates with our company dancer Freya Field
Find Out More
MEET THE TEACHERS
Get to know each teacher each week through a LIVE Q&A on Mondays at 5PM on the
New Adventures Instagram

Tune in today at 5PM and ask your questions about the upcoming class from Freya Field who will be teaching pilates on Wednesday!