Prix de Lausanne winner Marco Masciari to come to the Royal Ballet

Here is the official announcement from Prix de Lausanne.

https://www.prixdelausanne.org/schools-companies-chosen-by-the-2020-prize-winners/

1- MASCIARI Marco – Italy

Company chosen: the Royal Ballet / Apprenticeship offered by Oak Foundation

2- ARBUCKLE Ava – USA

School chosen: John Cranko School / Scholarship offered by Bourse Jeune Espoir

3- SANTANA João Vitor – Brazil

Company chosen: TO BE CONFIRMED / Apprenticeship offered by an Anonymous Donor

4- ZHANG Lin – China

School chosen: the Hamburg Ballet School / Scholarship offered by Émile Chouriet

5- KANG Chaeyeon – South Korea

School chosen: the Royal Ballet School / Scholarship offered by the Fondation Coromandel

6- HOLELEU Matei – Romania

Company chosen: the English National Ballet / Apprenticeship offered by Fondation Albert Amon

7- VAZ Vitor Augusto – Brazil

Company chosen: the Royal Ballet School/ Apprenticeship offered by Fondation Caris – Jeune Espoir

8- WANG Yuyan – China

Forfeited her apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is offered to:

PIRES Catarina – Portugal

Company chosen: Dutch National Ballet – Junior Company / Apprenticeship

So a few other winners will be joining RBS, and Matei Holeleu will be joining ENB as apprentice. 

Last year's winner Sumina Sasaki (currently on apprenticeship)  wrote on her blog that she will be joining RB as artist next season. 

• Like 3

So glad he's going to Royal Ballet. 

I see that Matei Holeleu is going to English National Ballet which is good.  I liked his performances of the Paquita variation and thought he had panache in the jumps.  

I wonder why Yuyan Wang has forfeited her apprenticeship.  Does that happen often?  I thought she also danced well.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tango Dancer said:

I wonder why Yuyan Wang has forfeited her apprenticeship.  Does that happen often?  I thought she also danced well.  

I've noticed this happening in prior years too with some of the winners.  I’ve always assumed those candidates get company offers that aren’t eligible for the prize?  Or is it some other reason?

• Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 04:09, FionaE said:

I've noticed this happening in prior years too with some of the winners.  I’ve always assumed those candidates get company offers that aren’t eligible for the prize?  Or is it some other reason?

Some years the reason has been given and it has been because the candidate received an offer from another company. Other times, the reason has not been given but I assume it's for the same reason. Maybe the PDL don't want to promote the reasons, saving the spotlight for the prize recipients, but I don't know.