This is available now for streaming.  Recorded about 10 years ago. Where are the students who appeared in it now ? I'm sure that some people out there will know.  

And, by the way, why do I have nagging memories of Martin Harvey in Peter and the Wolf ? An earlier version ?  Seems like there was one back in 1995. Your memories please ?

I have a VHS of Peter and the Wolf with Martin Harvey as the wolf - will have to see where it is.  I must have bought it about 20 years ago as I remember my eldest grandson (now at Uni) loved it.

Enjoyed watching the new version from 2011 - my youngest granddaughter was watching it at home with her parents - they all loved it.

I have just found my VHS tape of Peter and the Wolf.  It was filmed in 1997, with Sir Anthony Dowell as the Grandfather, Martin Harvey the Wolf,  the rest of the cast I don't recognise, but somebody may know of them.

Peter - David Johnson   Bird - Layla Harrison  Duck - Karen Lingham      Cat - Elizabeth Halliday

Hope that helps.   

Layla Harrison was in the West End cast of Phantom of the Opera from about 2011-2015, as one of the dancers & understudy Meg Giry. I've just dug through my programmes & found her biography and it gives her training as at the RBS & says that she created the role of Bird in Peter and the Wolf.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alison said:

Definitely an earlier version, Lynette.  "Sir" Peter and the Wolf, IIRC.  Wasn't Chisato Katsura in the more current one?

Of those who went from White Lodge and are currently in the company; Chisato Katsura, Isabel Lubach & Julia Roscoe, with choreographer Charlotte Edmonds as the little bird. I hope I haven’t omitted anyone.

Edited by RobR
Typo
  • Like 4

Laurine Muccioli (bird) is with Ballet Vlaanderen.  She performed in the Fraudulent Smile summer tour 2019 of Italy with PoluninInk/Ross Freddie-Ray McCaw. 

Kilian Smith (Peter) is freelance having been with Portuguese National Ballet.  He has recently performed in Infra in Poland and in Fraudulent Smile premiere in Milan and subsequent tours of Russia, Italy, Israel, London, Eastern Europe with PoluninInk, and also as Paris In PoluninInk/Kobborg’s Romeo & Juliet.  

Estelle Bovay (meadow) is also freelance.  She was in the Fraudulent Smile premiere in Milan in December 2018.

Good to see Sergei Polunin (Wolf) with his usual liquid technique and, managing to be both fierce and gentle simultaneously with the school pupils. 

Great to see Will Kemp (grandfather) too.  I loved his interpretation of the dual lead role swan/stranger in Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake in the 90s which I saw in New York.  He has a great acting voice which really pulls this show together.  He was a RB school pupil too for those who don’t know and then performed lead roles in many of Matthew Bourne’s shows. He is now a TV/movie actor.  

• Like 4

Matthew Hart was the original choreographer of this ballet created on RBS students but can’t remember the year that was but do know two of the original students so can ask them 

I loved this last Friday such a delightful piece and Will Kemp was magnificent.

They were all delightful but had my eye on the cat and that was Chisato Katsura and took me a while to realise that yes that was Polunin dancing the wolf 🙄 He was very good too. 

• alison changed the title to Peter and the Wolf streaming, RBS/RB