8pm applause

AnneMarriott

Did anyone else clap for the NHS and other front line workers yesterday evening.  We did, discreetly in the porch.  We heard one other person clapping and then our nextdoor neighbour came out and joined in, so we know there were at least four persons in the Datchet/Eton/Slough/Windsor area ...

• Like 1

Lots on my road I'm happy to say.

The other good thing about this was being able to yell hello to neighbours I hadn't seen for a few days.

Having done a Tescos run today let's now here it for the supermarket and corner shop workers who are still keeping us fed under very difficult circumstances.

• Like 6

Small hamlet of Sandale in North Cumbria certainly showed its appreciation. We’d set up a pilot meeting for Parish Councillors on Zoom and agreed on applause at 8:00 but not quite so easy to pass messages to the Chairman as when sitting alongside. Holding a full Parish Council ‘virtual’ meeting early next month and will be interested to see how many parishioners join.

• Like 1

Most of my street were out tonight clapping- it was nice to see people and wave and feel heartened. I clapped extra hard for my brother, working on a ward full of virus patients.

How this has made us all think, and remember our priorities.

• Like 6