Awesome news feed ❤️

WrapsnBows

Evening it may seem a bit nosey but It be nice to see and share some good news for a change xx. Anything dance related, exam passes, school placements, castings etc or just being awesome beings.  Come on let’s shout out for a bit of cheer 

Edited by WrapsnBows
  • Like 3

I love this idea.  Thankyou for starting this thread.

I have nothing significant to share asI'm well out of the loop with dance related achievements these days - but I did manage a short at home pilates workout yesterday morning.  Felt really awesome, despite having to repeatedly wriggle into different positions to find the right space on the living room floor.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, glowlight said:

I love this idea.  Thankyou for starting this thread.

I have nothing significant to share asI'm well out of the loop with dance related achievements these days - but I did manage a short at home pilates workout yesterday morning.  Felt really awesome, despite having to repeatedly wriggle into different positions to find the right space on the living room floor.

Hehe I can see it now my DD & DS ask our next door (60-70ish) if she would like to join in the ballet barre class or the yoga today 🤣

4 minutes ago, Bex does ballet said:

I’ve never done a single step of ballet, but this morning joined my dd for an online class , I’m not sure she was impressed 😂 

Lol more guts than me but then my two are 11 n 19 so it be sooo uncool for me to join in in the front drive #streetcred 🤣

• Like 2

Thank you for starting this thread. It will be nice to read something lighthearted as a little light relief at this current time. 

I used a gym ball for the first time in a while yesterday to do a very basic PBT exercise (it was much harder than it looked) and either the ball was under inflated or I'm over inflated as I ended up almost sat on the floor.   I've tidied out the basement and cleaned off my daughter's ballet barre in readiness for a class that she's giving me tomorrow via Zoom. The first challenge will be signing in to it. It should be an interesting morning!  Hope everyone is staying safe and well.

• Like 1

We’ve been following stretching classes online but by far the hardest part was getting YouTube on the TV! 😂😂 I’m doing part of a step class with em later! One week in, it’s all still a novelty but it may wear thin next week! 😂😂

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, daughtersdance said:

A Dada offer from Northern ballet school, Manchester!   

It was her favourite audition!

I am so happy for her 😁😁

Congratulations to your daughter, it's lovely to hear some good news. Wishing her all the best for the next part of her dance journey. Mine spent 3 happy years there and has some lovely memories and lasting friendships from her time there. 

Our Dd will be joining her Ds in Florida, opposite coasts, after receiving a ballet company contract offer 😊

This gives the other 3 of us in the house, ED, CCU and ICU nurses 😷😷😷 something to look forward too as we face the next 3 months 😢

Planning a twin centre ballet holiday in November 🍊🏝☀️

• Like 10

Not good news as such but I have to say that ballet has turned out to be far more lockdown compatible than we feared. My dd is doing more ballet now than ever before as all her teachers are streaming their classes, and have added more options than what was previously timetabled. Online classes are working out really well and she is enjoying seeing her friends. As a bonus she has also been able to do classes with other schools and teachers too as there is loads to close from on Instagram and youtube!

• Like 3

Totally agree @Medora my DD IS at uni doing a BA in MT but she’s at home accessing her old dance school classes as well as EYB, Tap attack, Phoenix boys to name a few the only down side is ive got a tap studio in my kitchen, flooring ballet barre and a living room which looks like a pineapple studio 🤣🤣 just hope my neighbours realise it’s not me just counting to 8 ....5  6 7 & 8 🤣🤣

• Like 3

Let’s keep this thread going .... anybody has any luck in joining in with their childs dance class or have tried any of these family vids or rewritten lyrics 

has anybody had acceptance for full time next year??   

what have you done to make you feel proud  

I’ve unfortunately been working on a web shop but oh boy I’ve had a laugh watching my DD Stretch herself into positions 🤸‍♂️

Edited by WrapsnBows

1 hour ago, Farawaydancer said:

DS has a place at his school for upper school, after nearly being assessed out a couple of years ago, so we’re taking that as quite an achievement! 

Many Congratulations to him, that’s really good news. He has obviously worked I credibly hard since then. My DD also has a place to continue which is a relief. 

• Like 2

This isn’t dance related but still awesome news anyway but I have been offered a place at my top choice university for children’s nursing. After the face to face interview being cancelled due to the virus and then having it be conducted over the phone, I wasn’t exactly prepared! Here’s to hoping things soon calm down and the scheduled start time will still be September! 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, SugarPlum2000 said:

This isn’t dance related but still awesome news anyway but I have been offered a place at my top choice university for children’s nursing. After the face to face interview being cancelled due to the virus and then having it be conducted over the phone, I wasn’t exactly prepared! Here’s to hoping things soon calm down and the scheduled start time will still be September! 

That’s amazing news for you, must of been so nerve wrecking over the phone unprepared  

• Like 2

DD has received her first offer of representation from an agency after submitting her show reel and a Skype interview. More Interviews to come, but a fabulous start and she loved the agent and his attitude, so it might well be this one! 

• Like 7

On 26/03/2020 at 19:04, WrapsnBows said:

Evening it may seem a bit nosey but It be nice to see and share some good news for a change xx. Anything dance related, exam passes, school placements, castings etc or just being awesome beings.  Come on let’s shout out for a bit of cheer 

My DD has been following Adam Scott lessons on line. We escaped our house for some much needed fresh air and she decided to record the dance sequence whilst standing on top of a massive sand dune. Competing against a very strong wind but with the sun on our faces and not a cloud in the sky she aced it. The view across the bay/dunes/sea (5miles) was awesome. Came home with a definite glow to our faces and sparkle in her eyes made it all worth it. Best medicine any one could prescribe. 💞

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

well done for all those with achievements, lovely to read such happy news.

Absolutely no dancing going on in our house at the moment at all. My normally ridiculously motivated daughter doesn't want to do any dancing, I have found online lessons and everything but she doesn't want to as it isn't her usual classes at the studio. 

On 02/04/2020 at 07:27, Karen said:

DD has received her first offer of representation from an agency after submitting her show reel and a Skype interview. More Interviews to come, but a fabulous start and she loved the agent and his attitude, so it might well be this one! 

Karen, 

that’s great news!
I wonder if you would mind explaining the role the agent will play. Is this with a view to finding dance roles in a ‘portfolio career’ rather than joining a company? Is she aiming for varied dance roles, classical ballet roles, musical theatre roles or a mixture? 
Im sorry if this sounds ignorant but I hadn’t even considered the idea of an agent but this sounds like it could be a very sensible and rewarding step. I wouldn’t even know where you look to find a reputable agent but would be interested to hear more. Would you mind pm ing me about the agent your dd liked, it might be a good place to start looking when my dds time comes. 
congratulations on your dds offer 

Edited by Bex does ballet

3 hours ago, daughtersdance said:

Nbs in Manchester?  If it is please pm me as my daughter has a place too 😊

Congratulations to you both!! I remember the overwhelming relief when my daughter was offered her DADA there.  My daughter is currently in Y2 she absolutely loves it.  Feel free to message if you need any help or assistance.

11 hours ago, Bex does ballet said:

Karen, 

that’s great news!
I wonder if you would mind explaining the role the agent will play. Is this with a view to finding dance roles in a ‘portfolio career’ rather than joining a company? Is she aiming for varied dance roles, classical ballet roles, musical theatre roles or a mixture? 
Im sorry if this sounds ignorant but I hadn’t even considered the idea of an agent but this sounds like it could be a very sensible and rewarding step. I wouldn’t even know where you look to find a reputable agent but would be interested to hear more. Would you mind pm ing me about the agent your dd liked, it might be a good place to start looking when my dds time comes. 
congratulations on your dds offer 

Bex, have sent you a pm, but delighted to say that tonight dd has received an offer from a second agency