Sign in to follow this  
Jan McNulty

Ideas for an improvised ballet barre

I've seen a couple of posts in For Sale/Wanted where people are looking for portable ballet barres.

Here's a possible alternative!

• Like 6

Another of the dancers at Northern Ballet has used an expandable shower rail across a doorway.

• Like 4

We use an inexpensive stair bannister rail attached to the wall with the bannister brackets. Bought at b&q before lockdown. Not sure if you could order online for delivery 🚚 

• Like 1

Ironing board outs has an height adjustment on it but I bit the bullet and brought a adjustable double bar one on the internet delivered today as I’ve got two dancers in my house  Direct from supplier cheaper than the normal go to web shops too  

• Like 1

DD has a barre in her room but is currently using the dining room (lino floor) for online classes whilst in lock down and is using an adjustable cheapy clothes rail from Argos in lieu of a barre. 

19 hours ago, NeverTooOld said:

The kitchen worktop has been working well in our house! :)

That's what I use.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Ironing board outs has an height adjustment on it but I bit the bullet and brought a adjustable double bar one on the internet delivered today as I’ve got two dancers in my house  Direct from supplier cheaper than the normal go to web shops too  

Can I ask where from/how much please? Thank you! 

Hi it was from Cannons uk I think it was £75 ish ordered on Tue and delivered yesterday it’s in the gym bar section  oh and that included delivery as well x

Edited by WrapsnBows

Thanks - sounds worth a look (though hubbie did find a temp barre in garage I’d forgotten about! Bit long, bit wonky but working well & was free so we are good for now.... bit expect others will also be grateful of your info wrapsnbows - thanks!

Stay happy & healthy! 

• Like 1