Ideas for an improvised ballet barre

Jan McNulty

Ironing board outs has an height adjustment on it but I bit the bullet and brought a adjustable double bar one on the internet delivered today as I’ve got two dancers in my house  Direct from supplier cheaper than the normal go to web shops too  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Ironing board outs has an height adjustment on it but I bit the bullet and brought a adjustable double bar one on the internet delivered today as I’ve got two dancers in my house  Direct from supplier cheaper than the normal go to web shops too  

Can I ask where from/how much please? Thank you! 

Thanks - sounds worth a look (though hubbie did find a temp barre in garage I’d forgotten about! Bit long, bit wonky but working well & was free so we are good for now.... bit expect others will also be grateful of your info wrapsnbows - thanks!

Stay happy & healthy! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, starfish80 said:

@WrapsnBows How have you found the Cannons one? I’m a adult dancer and looking for a barre to purchase. It’s not back in stock until the end of May though. Does assemble easily? I wouldn’t have room to have it up at the time. 

My two love it 19 n 11 as it’s got two bars so my 11 year old has one bar slightly lower and my oldest dosnt have it at full height ether, biggest bonus is it’s light enough to be chucked outside in the garden when it’s nice so I don’t get the bickering of siblings trying to do the same class 😂😂 very pleased with it 

@WrapsnBows How have you found the Cannons one? I’m a adult dancer and looking for a barre to purchase. It’s not back in stock until the end of May though. Does assemble easily? I wouldn’t have room to have it up at the time. 

Ahh thanks most appreciated. I’m deciding between this one and an ironing board style one! 

1 hour ago, starfish80 said:

Ahh thanks most appreciated. I’m deciding between this one and an ironing board style one! 

It’s very easy to put together and you can turn the bottom supports so it can go flat against a wall it is sturdy but bulky so the ironing board might be better for you I also went for the cannons because of the two height bars for my two as the bars are then set for them and they can both do the classes