It's now official - Scarlett out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments to replace the moments that are "uniquely by Scarlett".

The situation is already very sad and I think this artist does not merit more bashing....

Edited by MAX
  • Like 3

Just now, MAX said:

Comments to replace the moments that are "uniquely by Scarlett".

Why?  As ties between him and the RB have been cut to the extent that RB have stated that (and I appreciate the performances are extremely unlikely to happen) Symphonic Dances has been pulled from the mixed programme in June.  If the company is intent on removing all his work then Swan Lake falls into that category too.  I would guess the company invested too much money in it to jettison it for an entirely new production but possibly (rather than shelving it altogether) excising his unique interpolations and replacing them with something else is more feasible.

• Like 4

Just now, MAX said:

Come on I think this artist does not merit that !

Does not merit what?

If the RB isn't going to be staging his works, which currently seems likely, then they have got a problem.

Most traditional Swan Lakes have approximately the same Act 2 and parts of Act 3 and even some parts of Act 1.  Other interpolations are always being changed, taken out (or even restored).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MAX said:

Yes we are not talking about the same thing, I talk about Scarlett, the person, the human being, you talk about The Royal Opera House, productions and money.

I was talking about the situation at the ROH.  They have got a problem if they do not want to perform his works and presumably they will have to do something about it.

Liam Scarlett has maintained total silence on the whole issue but perhaps, links having been cut between him and ROH, he no longer wants them to use his works?

• Like 1

Someone on Twitter has noticed that all mention of Scarlett has been removed from the History page on the ROH website.

The archived version is on the right.

Edited by saki

• alison changed the title to It's now official - Scarlett out