Polyphonia triple bill

This triple bill looks very exciting, reading The Dream programme it appears Liam Scarlett's ballet will be based on Walter Sickert's dark, sinister paintings to music by Rachmaninov, and Wayne Macgregor's theme is pop and fashion in collaboration with DJ Mark Ronson. Quite a mix, plus Polyphonia, one of Christopher Wheeldon's best, and cheaper prices!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still no official casting for either of the new works on this programme, although I gather there are two casts for Sweet Violets, and I'm assuing that McGregor will be adhering to his usual strategy of having only the one cast, but it would be nice to know whether the cast alternations for SV match with those of Polyphonia or not. I do note, though, that Polyphonia is now at the top of the list on the page on the ROH website, so don't know whether this means the running order has been changed.

I would think Sweet Violets would be the middle ballet as it should be very dramatic, glad to hear that there are only 2 casts as I should get to see both considering how many I've booked, I really want to see Leanne Cope and Thiago Soares after watching the rehearsal.

Still no official casting for either of the new works on this programme, although I gather there are two casts for Sweet Violets, and I'm assuing that McGregor will be adhering to his usual strategy of having only the one cast, but it would be nice to know whether the cast alternations for SV match with those of Polyphonia or not. I do note, though, that Polyphonia is now at the top of the list on the page on the ROH website, so don't know whether this means the running order has been changed.

The running order has changed; I assume this is because Sweet Violets and Carbon Life contain "adult themes".

I would think Sweet Violets would be the middle ballet as it should be very dramatic, glad to hear that there are only 2 casts as I should get to see both considering how many I've booked, I really want to see Leanne Cope and Thiago Soares after watching the rehearsal.

I'd love to see that! The chemistry between Cope and Soares was incredible. Sadly very skint at the mo. :-((

My thought was that it was to give the Polyphonia cast a bit of a breather before the McGregor, but that's very speculative since we don't know the Carbon Life casting apart from Lamb, McRae, Cowley and Watson.

I know that Nunez will dance also Carbon Life..

My thought was that it was to give the Polyphonia cast a bit of a breather before the McGregor, but that's very speculative since we don't know the Carbon Life casting apart from Lamb, McRae, Cowley and Watson.

My understanding is that Claire Calvert is also in Carbon Life. However, seeing that's less than a week away, it's a bad show from ROH that we don't have casting yet (but, importantly, we know who the singers are...)!

Oh no, not again (to Takada being injured, I mean). I did wonder the other day whether she was injured - and whether she was replaced as one of Juliet's Friends for the cinema broadcast, because I didn't spot her there.

Oh no, not again (to Takada being injured, I mean). I did wonder the other day whether she was injured - and whether she was replaced as one of Juliet's Friends for the cinema broadcast, because I didn't spot her there.

Yes, unfortunately Akane is off injured for the rest of the season.

It looks like the first cast for Sweet Violets is (currently shown on ROH mistakingly as Polyphonia cast):

Alina Cojocaru

Laura Morera

Tamara Rojo

Leanne Cope

Johan Kobborg

Federico Bonelli

Steven McRae

Thiago Soares

Cast for Carbon Life is:

Olivia Cowley

Lauren Cuthbertson

Melissa Hamilton

Sarah Lamb

Marianela Nuñez

Ryoichi Hirano

Paul Kay

Steven McRae

Eric Underwood

Edward Watson

Edited by scf

I think this is accurate. There seem to be two missing from the Sarah Lamb Polyphonia cast.

Polyphonia (Wheeldon) / Sweet Violets (NEW Scarlett) / Carbon Life (NEW McGregor) April 5–23

Polyphonia

Benjamin, Stix-Brunell, Cuthbertson, Mendizabal, Kish, Dyer, Campbell, Trzensimiech (Apr 5, 10, 18)

Lamb, tbc, Choe, Raine, Stepanek, Hay, Ondiviela, tbc (Apr 12, 14, 23)

Sweet Violets

Cojocaru, Morera, Rojo, Cope, Kobborg, Bonelli, McRae, Soares (Apr 5, 10, 18)

Morera, Nuñez, Hinkis, Gartside, Cope, Cervera, Campbell, Whitehead (Apr 12, 14, 23)

Carbon Life (all performances)

Cowley, Cuthbertson, Hamilton, Lamb, Nuñez, Hirano, Kay, McRae, Underwood, Watson

Singers: Boy George, Alison Mosshart, Jonny Pierce, Hero Fisher, Wale

My reminder email has just arrived - and I see there's to be an 'Announcement" from 7-30 to 7-31...... possibly a final reminder about the 'elements of an adult nature' in both premieres?

The reference to an "announcement" in the email is just a c0ck-up. It's the same announcement that happens for every show...

So, Zucchetti's out of Polyphonia. And I suspect there may be something wrong with the order of the second cast of Sweet Violets, but of course I can't check because the website is in waiting-room mode again. Alternatively, you go to the home page, find the section featuring the triple bill, click on "Find out more" and ... find yourself in the waiting-room! Aaagh!

John, as is mentioned in Post 19. The TBC female in the Sarah Lamb Polyphonia cast Is Yasmine Naghdi

The TBC male is David Trzensimiech.

Finally! We have the full 2nd cast of "Polyphonia" (instead of "sitting" in the ROH waiting room for ages)

OK, this is the casting for the photo call. Its not set in stone, as there are often adjustments. This will be 'second cast' (ie not the cast on Thursday evening) - going to be an exciting day!

Polyphonia

Sarah Lamb, Johannes Stepanek, Yasmine Naghdi, James Hay, Yuhui Choe, Ludovic Ondiviela, Samantha Raine, Dawid Trzensimiech.

Sweet Violets

Emily Dimmock - Meaghan Grace Hinkis

Robert Wood – Thomas Whitehead

Mary-Jane Kelly – Laura Morera

Walter Sickert – Bennet Gartside

Annie E.Crook – Leanne Cope

Eddy – Ricardo Cervera

Marie – Marianela Nuñez

Lord Salisbury – Christopher Saunders

Little Dot – Emma Maguire

Jack – Alexander Campbell

Five Women – Jacqueline Clark, Fumi Kaneko, Elsa Godard, Romany Pajdak, Leticia Stock

Five Men – Kevin Emerton, James Hay, Ludovic Ondiviela, Jonathan Watkins, Valentino Zucchetti

Carbon Life

Marianela Nuñez, Ryoichi Hirano, Lauren Cuthbertson, Eric Underwood, Sarah Lamb, Steven McRae, Olivia Cowley, Edward Watson, Melissa Hamilton, Paul Kay, Claire Calvert, Tristan Dyer, Camille Bracher, Johannes Stepanek, Beatriz Stix-Brunell, Ludovic Ondiviela, Yasmine Naghdi, Jonathan Watkins